OneBeacon

Updated Jan 27, 2015
Updated Jan 27, 2015

3.2

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at OneBeacon.

I applied for the position online and received a response in under 7 hours. This was a little odd and probably should have seen it as a sign of possible desperation. The recruiter talked to me the next day for about 20 minutes and the next day had me set up with an interview with the hiring manager. Once again seemed a bit rushed. I was told I would receive a call or an email confirming my interview date and time. Four days later, I received a surprise phone call from the hiring manager. The voice mail said that we had a scheduled interview and he would call back in a couple of minutes. Not being aware of this interview, I responded to the recruiter and she forgot to make me aware and confirm the interview time. Once again, not such a good sign.

The following day I had an interview with the hiring manager that lasted about an hour. Typical phone interview, but the questions being asked were way above and beyond of the job posting. I know that a job posting is just a high level overview, but the interview seemed as though the job was the job responsibilities of three. Once again another surprise. At the end of the interview I was asked to supply work samples to the recruiter, which I did. I never got a response of the samples being received or about next steps.

Several days later, I received a call from the recruiter stating to call her back. I called back and left a message a few hours later upon receiving the voice mail. I received another voice mail a couple of hours later from the recruiter stating she wanted to talk about next steps and an in person interview. I called back and left a message again stating I can make any time work and to call me back anytime or send me an email to finalize a meeting time. It has been nearly a week and I have never again hear back from them.

To my surprise the job was reposted.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were pretty common and nothing really stuck out as being difficult. I was just surprised that the further we went on in the interview the more it strayed from the original job posting.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

I was very impressed with how smoothly the process was.

IT Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at OneBeacon.

1 phone call with Human Resources
    1 phone call with Hiring Manager to discuss the role and feel out culture
    1 onsite visit with interviews with 3 staff members and supervisor regarding technical skills and personality
    1 onsite visit with a few more staff members and managers for similar conversations

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at OneBeacon.

I submitted my resume online and through a friend that had connections to the hiring manager. Received a call within 2 days and an interview within 2 weeks. No panel interviews, but one with hiring manager, one with team lead and two others with business partners. All interviews were laid back. One week after I interviewed I was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were mainstream....nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Actuarial At the Minneapolis, MN Office Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at OneBeacon.

1. Applied on company's website
    2. Got call from HR recruiter who told me a little more about the position and asked me a few questions. Didn't really feel like a phone screen. She then set up a phone interview with hiring manager.
    3. Phone interview with hiring manager.
    4. On-site interview.
    5. Job offer

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. The people I spoke to were all very easy going, even the senior executives.   Answer Question

The role didn't fit my career goals. I plan on applying again if a more interesting position opens up.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canton, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Canton, MA

I applied online – interviewed at OneBeacon in October 2012.

I was contacted to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was more of an "inquisition". The recruiter wanting to ask all the questions, but never wanted to answer mine. After interviewing with hiring managers, I never heard back from the recruiter, despite following up numerous time.