OneBeacon

5 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Manager Interview

Interviewed at OneBeacon

Interview Details – I was very impressed with how smoothly the process was.

IT Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at OneBeacon.

Interview Details – 1 phone call with Human Resources
1 phone call with Hiring Manager to discuss the role and feel out culture
1 onsite visit with interviews with 3 staff members and supervisor regarding technical skills and personality
1 onsite visit with a few more staff members and managers for similar conversations

Interview Question – Do you want to get into management?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at OneBeacon.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume online and through a friend that had connections to the hiring manager. Received a call within 2 days and an interview within 2 weeks. No panel interviews, but one with hiring manager, one with team lead and two others with business partners. All interviews were laid back. One week after I interviewed I was offered the position.

Interview Question – All questions were mainstream....nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Customer Service Representative Interview

Canton, MA

I applied online - interviewed at OneBeacon in October 2012.

Interview Details – I was contacted to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was more of an "inquisition". The recruiter wanting to ask all the questions, but never wanted to answer mine. After interviewing with hiring managers, I never heard back from the recruiter, despite following up numerous time.

Interview Question – How do you feel about cliques?   Answer Question

Actuarial At the Minneapolis, MN Office Interview

Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at OneBeacon.

Interview Details – 1. Applied on company's website
2. Got call from HR recruiter who told me a little more about the position and asked me a few questions. Didn't really feel like a phone screen. She then set up a phone interview with hiring manager.
3. Phone interview with hiring manager.
4. On-site interview.
5. Job offer

Interview Question – No difficult questions. The people I spoke to were all very easy going, even the senior executives.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The role didn't fit my career goals. I plan on applying again if a more interesting position opens up.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for OneBeacon? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at OneBeacon interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by OneBeacon employees and interview candidates.