OneMain Financial (formerly CitiFinancial)

www.onemainfinancial.com
Unclaimed Profile

OneMain Financial (formerly CitiFinancial) Interview Questions

Updated Dec 9, 2014
Updated Dec 9, 2014

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goshen, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goshen, IN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at OneMain Financial (formerly CitiFinancial) in December 2011.

A recruiter contacted me and asked general questions. Then, the Branch Manager did a face to face interview with me at the local branch. After that, I was interviewed by the District Manager. When that was over I had to do a drug test, get fingerprinted and the local police station and get my credit checked as well. After this they sent an offer by mail, when I accepted it, they scheduled my first day of work. Great thing is my benefits started from day one!

They offered me more than what the recruiter had originally quoted, so I didn't have to negotiate.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy, UT

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at OneMain Financial (formerly CitiFinancial) in June 2011.

After the initial interview it was several weeks before I could start work. The local office was anxious for me to start so I think the delay came from higher up.

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at OneMain Financial (formerly CitiFinancial) in June 2011.

Applied online and took an assessment. Got a call from a recruiter a few days later. Interview was a standard sales interview (tell me about a time when you had a difficult customer...etc). The pay is way too low and you will have to work weekends. I wasn't given the opportunity to ask questions about the position. They didn't ask about my education at all. Seems like they just want warm body's to answer the phone and do collections.

Interview Questions
    • How would you change your approach to a client if your initial sales tactics didn't work?   Answer Question

Branch Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at OneMain Financial (formerly CitiFinancial) in April 2011.

I completed a online skills/personality test which consisted of about 50 questions the level of the questions
    was easy. A few days later I received an email to schedule and phone interview which was basically about any sales management experience I had. They didn't ask about educational background.
    I can tell you that Citigroup ranks low on the compensation range when compared to other banks on the street.

Citigroup employees are paid nearly 20% below market.

A Citi recruiter called me for the SENIOR Accountant position @ Citi. I was told that the position maxed out @ $35k. For a SENIOR level position. I would hate to see what they pay their entry level people.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at OneMain Financial (formerly CitiFinancial) in February 2011.

phone interview. then hiring manager called for interview. then had interview with district manager. waiting on call back

Senior Branch Account Executive II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at OneMain Financial (formerly CitiFinancial) in July 2010.

Just had phone interview after passing personality test. Applied directly to citi website. Interviewer asked many of the same questions posted on glassdoor, so if you read them you should be prepared. Be prepared to tell them you salary requirements within the first few seconds of the call. Then be prepared for them to low-ball you. They offred 25k-31k/yr, which is much less than others in the position are reporting. I have more education and experience than the job posting required, so go figure...

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you experienced a conflict with a co-worker. How did you resolve?   Answer Question
    • What did you like about the last company you worked for? What did you not like?   Answer Question

Senior Branch Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in McAlester, OK
    Anonymous Employee in McAlester, OK

The process took a weekinterviewed at OneMain Financial (formerly CitiFinancial) in May 2010.

The lady kep asking me the same question over and over, because she couldn't remember what my response was. I was about to give up on her. She told me that 90% of the job was collections, and then 4 minutes after the phone interview she sent an e-mail saying I didn't get it b/c of no sales experience!

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to relate quickly to a person. What was the scenario and how did you react? What did you enjoy about your last job? What did you not like about your last job?   View Answer
    • What are your strengths?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at OneMain Financial (formerly CitiFinancial) in May 2010.

Interviewed with Branch Manager. Interviewed with District Manager. I got a call about a week later and was offered a position. I did a background check and drug test.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to face a difficult situation.   Answer Question
    I was offered a position and I accepted.

Credit Risk Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at OneMain Financial (formerly CitiFinancial) in March 2010.

I met with the HR manager first who who basically asked me questions about my history with the company. I was then introduced to the hiring manager who was very casual and easy going person. He started the interview by asking about my past jobs with the company and how I would fix a certain issue that his department was having at that time. There situation had to do with a previous job that I did for the company many years ago. I, unfortunately, was not prepared for the question aked and could clearly see that I was not going to get the job. I felt that I was prepared for the interview, but I was more prepared for behavioral type of questions. It had been awhile since I had been on an interview and I realize that I cannot just focus on one type of interview, I have to prepare for them all.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself? Tell me about your collections experience with Citi? What was the process for offering a customer an extension on their account? What variables were considered? How would you determine the risk factors in offering an extension? What types of resources would you utilize in establishing the risk factors that would be used by managers to determine which customer to give or not to give an extension to on their account?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your collections experience with Citi?   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at OneMain Financial (formerly CitiFinancial) in February 2010.

Highly informational interview. The DM was a true professional. Very forthcoming with all information as to the job requirements and condition of the branch. HR was a little disorganized and slow on the uptake, but the DM managed to guide them through.

Interview Questions
    • No brain teasers here. Just professional interviewing.   Answer Question

See What OneMain Financial (formerly CitiFinancial) Employees Are Saying

Current Anonymous Employee

Pros: “The only good thing about this company is the benefits. The vacation time is good, but the managers act like they don't want you to use your vacation days.” Full Review