OneNeck Interview Questions

Updated Feb 10, 2015
Updated Feb 10, 2015

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at OneNeck.

Dumb repetitive smiling questions over and over. Clueless leaders as long as you smiled and said uh yea I agree customer are the best you got the job.
    It was like high school all over again felt like I was joining a club rather than an interview.

Systems ADMINISTRATOR I/SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR II Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at OneNeck in December 2014.

Was contacted for a phone interview by the recruiter, setup a time that worked for both of us. Had the interview with hiring manager, was asked different technical questions, and about myself. Hiring manager was very friendly you could tell over the phone that he loved his job, we shared laughs at different questions. Was told I would hear back from them within the week. Had a group video conference interview, which was different, but good to see a tech company embrace technology. Was asked a series of technology based questions, as well as my skills. We all shared some jokes which made it comfortable, made me want to work for the company even more. After everything was done was told I would hear from them soon. Gave them about a week sent an email to the hr person, didn't hear anything back for over a week cause of the holiday. Got a phone call asking if I would like the position still, I accepted was sent salary information as well as benefits.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you a good fit for this company?   View Answer
    Was no negotiations gave me above market value.

SQL Database Administrator II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied online – interviewed at OneNeck in July 2014.

After speaking with the person I interviewed with, I found him extremely rude, immature and needs to practice his interview skills(not just reading from a script). He asked questions that were not part of the interview process and were quite insulting.

After his Sr level questions he went to a child mode and spoke like a 15 year old and acted like he was above everyone else.

Ex. "When you come in first thing in the morning, what would you do as a DBA?" Pause. "Aw...you can do it. Answer it. I know you can." in a very mocking voice and giggling...

Inexperienced in a certain role is one thing but acting like a fool is another. This was completely mocking the interview process and is representing the company. I would not advise people like this taking part in future interviews.

The best part probably was me just taking notes on the interview questions and the situation.

Operations Manager - Windows Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at OneNeck in July 2014.

I interviewed in July/August 2014 for Operations Manager - Windows position. This is a management role for a team of 15-20 engineers including 2 managing supervisors. I went through three rounds of interview. First round was with internal HR. They ran through a list of pre-defined questions. Typical scenario questions about my management style. "How do you handle employees that are not meeting expectations. or How do you handle an angry customer?". I went through to the second round of interview, in person, with the Hiring Manager. I was told I am one of 4 candidates considered for this position. I was asked similar questions. Typical management style questions to show how I can deal with my subordinates, customers and the entire operations process. I did well on the second round and come back for my 3rd interview, also in person. This time I met with other members of the team. I went through a series of technical questions. Mostly Windows related. I did well on technical part. Then proceeded with similar management style questions. It was down to myself and one other candidate for this position. I left the 3rd round feeling very confident. This was on a Thursday. I was told that a decision would be made the following Monday. The following week came and went and further information. I called HR for status update and was told everything was on hold due to internal changes. This came as a surprise. Why drag me and the hiring staff through multiple rounds of interview only to put everything on hold a couple of days later? I waited for 2 weeks with no reply until a call came back on Friday Aug. 5th. I was told that The Operations Manager role was to be relisted but at a reduced rate or $30K less than was previously offered. Obviously a poor excuse, considering that half of the reporting staff is already making more than the offered rate for this management position.

It's evident that neither myself nor the other candidate were selected for this role. Perhaps the hiring manager felt none of the previous candidates were qualified. I can understand that, but why keep us suspended and lie in the end? Just be honest and explain what it was that we lacked in my qualifications so that I may improve elsewhere. I would love to have some closure on this.

It's apparent that based on previous reviews, this company is going downhill. They keep losing faith from their existing staff, and clearly this is evident in their interview process and they wasted my time for 5 weeks. I could have used that time for effectively to secure another position.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked by the hiring manager to provide an example when I had to break the rules at work.   View Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at OneNeck in January 2010.

Phone Screen, PI Test and a round of face-to-face interviews with management and sales staff.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation with a salary plus commission position. Take it or leave it.

UNIX Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at OneNeck in July 2009.

I was promoted from within so the interview was in a comfortable environment. The whole interview was laid back, I did not feel nervous or stressed. However It is possible the interview process is now much more complicated , since there have been a lot of changes that have come about in the last 18 months.

There was no negotiation