OneSource Virtual

Updated Jul 9, 2014

2.2

Benefits Implementation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at OneSource Virtual in July 2014.

It was a good process. The process went pretty fast for me since I informed the recruiter that another consulting firm hired me and I needed to make a decision within a week. The recruiter scheduled me with interviews the entire week to meet the team. I first interviewed with one of the lead consultants over the phone, then I had an in-person interview with three consultants the next day, then another phone interview with another lead consultant, and last but not least, I had an interview with the manager via Skype. I probably would've been able to have that interview in person but the manager was kind enough to interview me on her vacation. In each interview, they go over your resume and your experiences and how they could be an asset to OneSource. They also are interested in how you found out about the company, so do your research!

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult, just questions on your knowledge and experience   Answer Question
    I negotiated my salary. I informed OneSource that the other firm was paying more and I asked if they could match it and they did. It wasn't a huge difference but the fact that they matched made me feel like I was wanted.

Payroll Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at OneSource Virtual in February 2011.

The department with the most turn over would be the Payroll Department, Management is very negative, they are not very good communicators and do not treat employees as adults but as one Manager stated, "We need warm bodies, I can teach a monkey to process payroll".

Be ready to not have any ideas for this department and if you want something that is the same day after day then take this job, get for people who really do not actually need actual payroll knowledge.

Integration Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at OneSource Virtual in July 2013.

I was called by the HR initially, 2 weeks after I applied online. General talk on how I came to know about the company, why I chose it, salary expectations, locality where I am staying, etc. I was scheduled for a phone interview with 2 rounds. First round, two experienced consultants asked questions about my resume and personality. Most of the questions were based on what I put on my resume, academic projects and certifications. You will be grilled if you have any experience in SAP, Peoplesoft or any other ERP systems. Second round was merely an interview as the Manager said he already got a positive feedback from the earlier round and invited me onsite but had some tiny conversation about the company and the team. Onsite is again two rounds. The first round was in depth analysis of resume and what you truly know. Most of them were on basics of XML, XSLT, SQL, SAS and some behavioral questions. Second round was again with the Manager who was very knowledgeable about everything they do as a team and discussed about the methodologies, etc and he gave me an offer right there.

Interview Questions
    Not much of a negotiation. I asked for a decent salary and they offered it.

HCM Implementation Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at OneSource Virtual.

Sent in resume to job the keep continually posted on the website. Got a call 2 days later, phone screen with recruiter who was surprised to receive an unsolicited application for the HCM Implementation Consultant position. So obviously, they are needed.

4 days later, phone screen with hiring manager for 1.5hrs, standard industry discussions. In-person, 3 back-to-back interviews scheduled 1 week later.

1 week later, was moved forward in the process with background/drug screen, and formal offer.

Interview Questions
    • How would you feel about working in pre-sales, determining SOW? Need to be comfortable in a growing company with structure constantly changing.   Answer Question
    Asked my salary requirements. They agreed to my first request.

Consultant Interview

Was contacted by their Corporate Recruiter after they found my profile online. Within a day I was setup with a interview to meet with the hiring manager. The interview process was very thorough to where the hiring manager gave a great description of the role, the culture and the training to success. My application process, background and drug test process was all online which was nice, didn't have to fill out any application. That was a huge time saver.

Interview Questions
    • Do you thrive in a structured environment or changing one?   View Answer
    Went in with a base salary and was give the amount I asked for, plus a bonus potential.

Integration Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at OneSource Virtual in October 2012.

3 rounds on the whole including the initial screening. Final round was face to face and went more than an hour and half. The manager was really good and just wanted to see if I was a good fit for the team. Most questions were based on my previous experience and I believe they were just seeing if i would be a good fit for the team. Overall a nice experience.

Interview Questions
    • None. All questions were pretty straight forward and mostly on XML and database. Very few. very easy. They do have a another test on workday once hired which determines your continuation with the company.   Answer Question
    Not much of a negotiation. They agreed to pay what I asked for.

Implementation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at OneSource Virtual in January 2012.

Was contacted by email and phone by the Corporate Recruiter concerning a Workday Implementation Consultant role. I had little knowledge of the Workday space, but quickly realized this organization was in growth mode within a growing industry. They were flexible with meeting my schedule for an interview.

Interview Questions
    • What type of environment do you thrive in: Structured or Flexible?   Answer Question

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Euless, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Euless, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days - interviewed at OneSource Virtual in October 2011.

The Employment Mgr. contacted me after meeting me at a Career Fair. He explained that I would have a phone interview first, then a face-to-face interview with the Client Relations Manager if all went well and he would follow up with an email confirmation. When I received the email confirmation later that day I was pleasantly surprised to see that they had skipped the phone interview and scheduled a face-to-face interview with the Client Relations Manager for the following Monday at 2:30 P.M.

I completed the on-line application, the consent forms for a background check and drug screening, prepared fresh resume's along with recommendation letters and references for the interview. On Monday at 2:00 P.M. I get a call from the Client Relations Manager asking where I was...I had a 2:00 appt. I explained that the email conformation clearly stated 2:30. She said she couldn't possibly see me at 2:30 and that we would have to reschedule. I was less than 2 miles away, from a 30 mile drive when I got this call (not to mention that I had cancelled the annual family trip to Six Flags so I could make this interview). A few minutes later the Employment Manager called to reschedule - he never apologized for the mistake - and said that it would have to be phone interview this time.

When I got home, I forwarded the confirmation email to the Clients Relations Manager so she would know that I had not made the mistake. I got a automatice out-of-office reply from her so I assumed she would see this when she got back to the office.

My phone interview was scheduled the following Wednesday morning at 9:00 A.M. The Client Relations Manager called at 9:10. She couldn't find the hard copy of my resume and asked me several questions about my experience and seemed to be impressed with my teaching experience. I was told by the Employment Manager at the Career Fair that I didn't have to have any type of HR certification and that they would train me how to facilitate training for their clients. In fact, "...we've hired many teachers for this job because that's what it is...it's teaching people." Apparently this is no longer the case. The interview came to an ubrupt halt when the Client Relations Manager said they were really looking for someone that already knew software. Why they were at a Career Fair at a local university seeking people that already knew their software and could teach others is puzzling. Again - never apologized for the scheduling error Monday.

Interview Questions
    • I've lost your resume...can you tell me about your experience?   Answer Question

I really wasn't offered the position, but if I had been I would have declined. When people show you what they're like the first time....believe them. If they could make a mistake that inconvenienced me just based on the time I had to take to fill out their forms, prepare for an interview, and drive 60 miles and never even apologize - there's no telling what they would do. Very unprofessional.

Solution Architect Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at OneSource Virtual in November 2011.

I was contacted via email by a recruiter at OneSource. He arranged an interview with the hiring manager, who was very open to describing the approach taken by OneSource. Subsequently I had a second interview with the Vice President over the group. Both individuals were very open to questions, and the Vice President in particular was happy to explain the business model. The firm was in the process of moving to a new office location, which should be complete by now (January, 2012).

Interview Questions
    • Describe an occasion when you had to help a customer resolve a grey area in the customer's own processes.   Answer Question

Worked for OneSource Virtual? Contribute to the Community!