OneWest Bank Interview Questions

Updated Dec 2, 2014
Updated Dec 2, 2014

2.1

Internal Audit Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at OneWest Bank.

It was a pleasant experience and the recuriter is really nice. 3 different interviews with the department head. No offer at the end. The company is going through a merger so the turnover rate is pretty high. Hopefully I can try again next year.

Training Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at OneWest Bank in October 2014.

Lengthy process. 3 phone interviews and 1 additional one on site. Overall positive process that I felt I grew in, unfortunately I didn't get the job. The first interview was the initial screening that just gauges your interest in the role and the company and what you have been doing. The second 1 on 1 interview over the phone asks a couple scenario based questions, where do you see yourself going and overall deep dives on your resume.

The 3rd interview was the panel interview and I was impressed. The entire dept, including the manager were there (4 individuals total) for a panel interview. Very professional and welcoming environment. Very upbeat atmosphere. They gave scenarios of what was happening there and how I would handle. They also dove a little deeper on my resume.

The last interview was meeting on the phone with the director. Very interested in what I have done and my overall goals, did not feel like an interview but a conversation and getting to know me

Interview Questions
    • Honestly, not unexpected however certain scenarios made me think quickly and challenged me to come up with solutions   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at OneWest Bank in November 2013.

For the interview process I had to go through a few phone interviews with mostly questions about what I had done in college and what experience I had in finance. It was more to get to know me rather than technical. Then I had an ~2 hour interview where I was asked some technical questions that were relatively simple and not too math heavy. Also was asked some questions like they do at most financial firms where it's a simple question but you just need to know the trick to be able to solve it quickly. It wasn't too pressuring and if you just relax and answer it they are easy to talk to.

Interview Questions
    They asked me where I wished my salary was and then we went from there.

FVP, Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at OneWest Bank in October 2013.

Great Communication, scheduling was easy, great atmosphere, honest feedback, nice facilities.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Phone interview

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at OneWest Bank in September 2013.

Interview process includes phone interview first with hr and followed by two rounds of in person interviews. Interviews are fairly easy, nothing behavioral, mostly are casual conversation about my education and my prior work experience.

not negotiable

Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at OneWest Bank in July 2013.

I applied online in response to an internet posting. First step in the interview process was a 40 minute phone screen with HR, which I thought went well. I was then asked to complete several online, "pre-interview" application forms, which I did. Next step was a 30 minute in-person "informal" meeting for the hiring manager to decide which amongst 50 or so candidates to invite back in for an actual, "formal" interview. I felt this step was wasteful and a bit unfair to candidates, in that I essentially had to "audition in person" in order to get chosen for a "real" interview. I sent out the customary thank you note, along with several samples of my work (including actual marketing plans I'd written) in order to impress the hiring manager. Alas, I was told by HR a few days after the 30 minute "pre-interview, interview" that the hiring manager felt my qualifications were not a match for the position.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your background (open ended). Not really unexpected, but I always find this hard, in terms of relating my experience from other industries to a new one, in this case, retail banking. What was most difficult was the limited interview time of only 30 minutes, which, for a senior level marketing position, was (in my view) insufficient for me to "make my case".   Answer Question

Corporate Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at OneWest Bank.

Was contacted for a quick phone screen. Conversation was about 15 minutes. Was invited to interview at Pasadena corporate office. Arrived to interview and was taken to a conference room to interview. Unstructured, and not a traditional interview. Interview was all over the place. I was told I would interviewing with another manager (head of department), and was told during the interview that I would be contacted to schedule a phone interview with the manager. I sent a thank you email next day and NEVER received a response. Waste of my time. Very inconsiderate and unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • Quick to jump on salary expectation (that was unexpected). Right from first conversation I was asked about salary expectation, and again when I met manager in person.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at OneWest Bank in November 2012.

15 min phone interview followed by a half-day on-site interview. It was very relaxed and all the questions were behavioral and background. I didn't get an offer however.

Interview Questions
    • Questions related to my ethnic background, which was kind of surprising   Answer Question

Specialist IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at OneWest Bank in October 2012.

It was an easy interview. If you are prepared, you will do well, just like anything in life. Be attentive to details, follow through, be honest and you will get the job.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult for me to answer.   Answer Question