OneWest Bank Interview Questions

Updated Aug 10, 2015

2.1

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OneWest Bank.

Interview

Very casual. Met Payroll Manager, VP of Personnel, and also interviewed with other Administrators. Every one was casual and easy to talk to. The management was very decisive. I enjoyed meeting them.

Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at OneWest Bank (Austin, TX).

Interview

It was very long. they took a long time to contact you in order to set something up. Once i did have the interview it was short to the point. They didnt ask any questions regarding the actual job experience because i was previously employed.

Interview Questions

• Will you be able to work a late shift and do the job of 2 people.   Answer Question

Financial Modeling Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OneWest Bank (Pasadena, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone interview ->programming exercise -> in person, by far the longest 4 people back to back to back to back, 45 min sessions. They were basic tell me about your past experiences hard not to sound like a record player after the second person.

Interview Questions

• phone interview was more technical than the in person.   Answer Question

Training Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at OneWest Bank (Austin, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Lengthy process. 3 phone interviews and 1 additional one on site. Overall positive process that I felt I grew in, unfortunately I didn't get the job. The first interview was the initial screening that just gauges your interest in the role and the company and what you have been doing. The second 1 on 1 interview over the phone asks a couple scenario based questions, where do you see yourself going and overall deep dives on your resume. The 3rd interview was the panel interview and I was impressed. The entire dept, including the manager were there (4 individuals total) for a panel interview. Very professional and welcoming environment. Very upbeat atmosphere. They gave scenarios of what was happening there and how I would handle. They also dove a little deeper on my resume. The last interview was meeting on the phone with the director. Very interested in what I have done and my overall goals, did not feel like an interview but a conversation and getting to know me

Interview Questions

• Honestly, not unexpected however certain scenarios made me think quickly and challenged me to come up with solutions   1 Answer

Analyst III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at OneWest Bank (Santa Monica, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

I first spoke with a human resources coordinator about my professional background, and the history of the company. It was also at this point that salary was discussed. Afterwards I spoke with the Manager and answered a few basic questions to test my knowledge of financial statements.

Interview Questions

• What are the first things you look for in a company's financial statement when beginning your analysis of its financial strength?   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at OneWest Bank (Orange, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

It was over 6 coffee conversations with the District Manager. Then you meet with the regional manager to see if he likes you. The regional manager is down to earth but the district manager sets up a good story to see how well you respond to certain things.

Interview Questions

• How do you grow your business?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at OneWest Bank in November 2013.

Interview

For the interview process I had to go through a few phone interviews with mostly questions about what I had done in college and what experience I had in finance. It was more to get to know me rather than technical. Then I had an ~2 hour interview where I was asked some technical questions that were relatively simple and not too math heavy. Also was asked some questions like they do at most financial firms where it's a simple question but you just need to know the trick to be able to solve it quickly. It wasn't too pressuring and if you just relax and answer it they are easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They asked me where I wished my salary was and then we went from there.

FVP, Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at OneWest Bank (Santa Monica, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Great Communication, scheduling was easy, great atmosphere, honest feedback, nice facilities.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

Phone interview

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at OneWest Bank (Santa Monica, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

Interview process includes phone interview first with hr and followed by two rounds of in person interviews. Interviews are fairly easy, nothing behavioral, mostly are casual conversation about my education and my prior work experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

not negotiable