Oneida Nation Interview Questions

Updated Mar 17, 2015

2.5

SSR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Green Bay, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Oneida Nation (Green Bay, WI).

Interview

No interview. Just had to fill out application and complete a math test. Found it very surprising that this system was poorly set up to weed out bad apples. Being that most of my training group was gone within two years confirmed in my opinion that this was not a good practice.

Negotiation

Just said what I made at last job, and with experience did not have to settle for probationary pay during probation period.

Security Officer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Oneida Nation.

Interview

Received a phone call and scheduled a 4lb interview, there was two people conducting the interview, a sergeant and a lieutenant. A lot of the questions were "what would you do in this situation?"

Interview Questions

• When do you break confidentiality?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They dont really negotiate, so you have to request it, I think they rely on people not trying to negotiate.

Y E S Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Green Bay, WI

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Oneida Nation (Green Bay, WI) in January 2012.

Interview

I made it through to the initial interview after completing an application and sending in several other required documents. After being called in for an interview(the time was not negotiable as far as I can tell), I entered a room with 4 people, one moderator, two personnel specialists and someone from HR. Each person went around the room asking a specified number of questions that were asked of each interviewee. There was very little room for playing around in the process. After a series of questions, I was asked to complete a "lesson" on how to solve several math and science problems on a board. The time and pace of everything seemed to be strictly enforced and in all honesty, it was the weirdest set-up I've encountered, although it's probably comparable to other government agencies. It's definitely not designed to let your personality shine through. I received a letter one week later saying I was not moving on to the next interview, which was the least surprising news I'd heard all week.

Interview Questions

• They asked you to explain your specific knowledge of various state education statutes.   Answer Question

Oneida Nation Community Education Center Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Green Bay, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Oneida Nation (Green Bay, WI) in April 2008.

Interview

Emailed online application, telephone interview, committee personal interview, and job offer.

Interview Questions

• A what point, when, what reason, or why would you break confidentiality in this position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation was straight forward. They presented a number. Next I asked for the range. They provided the salary range. I requested the median of that range. They accepted.