Oneupweb Interview Questions

Updated Feb 2, 2015
Updated Feb 2, 2015

4.0

Graphic Designer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Oneupweb.

I saw this listing while looking locally for design-related work, and since I had worked in Chicago as a designer and had years of print- & web-design projects under my belt, I figured it couldn't be that hard to get into a small company in Traverse City. I mean, how fierce could the competition be?

I was wrong.

Oneupweb gives off this "elitist" and "snobby" feeling, despite it being in a rather rural part of Michigan. Yeah, Traverse City is nice, but that doesn't mean it's some tech industry Mecca. In fact, Oneupweb's focus on only wanting the best of the best seems ridiculously unrealistic, given its location. If they were in Grand Rapids, it'd be another story.

When I reached out to Oneupweb I wasn't aware of these negative reviews, otherwise I wouldn't have even applied. After they looked at my portfolio and I went to their office (which was nice inside from what I saw, but nothing fancier than a typical design focused company's environment), they let me know via mail a couple weeks later that I wasn't what they wanted. At least they did let me know, so they weren't the worst.

It was a waste of time overall though, and I wish I knew about the company's reputation before I even sent a résumé their way.

Interview Questions
    • Despite the company looking for someone who could do most web-related design, they didn't want to provide any real feedback regarding why you may not be what they were looking for.   Answer Question

PPC Project Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Oneupweb.

I was contacted by HR via LinkedIn. I had a lovely 40 min phone interview with her. I then completed an ad writing assignment. I came in the next day for an interview with HR and CEO. This one had me stumped. The CEO grilled my rump. Mostly focused on why I hadn't come to them first and earlier in life. Also focused on how I'm actually NOT an expert at PPC because I do so many things at my current that I have no time to be an expert at anything. The place is gorgeous and the employees seemed extremely kind. I'm definitely second guessing my acceptance if I get offered the position

SEO Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Oneupweb.

I applied online and was contacted via email for a quick phone interview which lasted roughly 15 minutes. the next day I was emailed about setting up an in-person interview. I went to that, which lasted about an hour with the HR woman and an account manager, and I got a tour of the building. A couple days later I was offered a second interview, this time with the same two people and the CEO, also an hour long.

The first interview was a combination of resume and behavioral questions, with a few random out-of-the-blue ones that I thought were stupid to be honest.

Interview Questions
    • "You're driving up to a red light on an empty street. There is no one coming at you, and there is no one at the cross street. what do you do?"   View Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Traverse City, MI
    Anonymous Employee in Traverse City, MI

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Oneupweb in May 2010.

HR was quick to respond to my application and set up an interview. The contact was very polite, friendly and enthusiastic. I was very optimistic based on her feedback. The day of the interview started with a tour, and meeting with the department supervisor. This was a typical interview and went well; nothing unexpected. Next the company owner came in and began a string of confusing, seemingly pointless questions. She was visibly dissatisfied with my answers.