Online Vacation Center

Online Vacation Center Interview Questions

3.3

Accounting and Financial Reporting Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Online Vacation Center (Plantation, FL) in November 2013.

Interview

Initial communication is via Human Resources. First step is twenty minute test (Thurstone Test of Mental Alertness) that one must pass to go to the next step on the interview process. Take this test only in good health and at a time that your mental agility is highest. Test must be completed in the time alotted - even if you must guess at answers. Than a comprehensive employment application needs to be completed (bring references, resume, employment history informatin, etc.). Company than arranges a personal interview with the immediate supervisor. This interview is open ended and is determinant on the style of the interviewer.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Online Vacation Center (Plantation, FL) in July 2012.

Interview

This company made a bad impression on me. Do not bother applying unless you think can finish 120 SAT-like questions in 20 minutes and you don't mind giving out a lot of personal information before even having a real interview. The SAT-like test is timed so they are very strict about this. What they don't realize is that some of us graduated high school a long time ago, therefore haven't had to take these kind of tests since then, and don't have the practice anymore. Regardless, it is ridiculous that they expect you to finish all the questions in just 20 minutes. If you don't, you are disqualified and they will not grant you an interview. It doesn't matter that you have a great resume and relevant work experience. They only care about a timed test! I applied online and received an email explaining that before they grant interviews, all applicants must complete a 20-minute assessment test and fill out an application. I did not have a good feeling about this but went ahead and made the appointment. I was given a choice of several different time slots over a one week period, so it was obvious they were testing several candidates. When I arrived for the testing, there were other job applicants there to take the test at the same time as me. The HR manager explained that it was very important to finish the test even if we had to guess the answers. I was honestly not looking at the clock while taking the test. I wanted to make sure I answered the questions correctly. My mistake. She did warn everyone, but to me it is more important to answer questions correctly than to rush and make mistakes. I am pretty sure the other applicants didn't finish either. After the test, the application had to be filled out. They ask for salary history, references, your driver's license info, social security # and more. All this before even having a real, face-to-face, one-on-one interview. This is unethical and should not be required until a mutual interest has been established and a job offer has been made. They even ask you if you've ever had traffic tickets. I don't know how this is relevant to the job unless you are applying for a position as a company driver, which I wasn't. A few days later, I received an email stating that I would not be granted an interview. I am glad I applied, did the testing, and found out what this company is really like. It is their loss if they are going to judge a candidate based on a 20-minute timer and disregard other qualities. It's a big red flag for what it would actually be like to work for them!

Personal Vacation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Online Vacation Center (Plantation, FL) in October 2011.

Interview

I applied via Career Builder for the Personal Vacation Manager position. 4 - 7 days later I received a call to set up a phone interview with the HR Director. The interview consisted of the basic "what would you do in this situation, how would you handle that situation" questions. They asked about my previous experiences (I was less than a year out of college, so this included work experiences as well as student organization experience) and how they can apply to the position. Since this was a sales position where I knew I would be dealing with disgruntled people (as with every sales job), I emphasized customer service and being able to handle and work with diverse groups of people. The next step was a sort of skills/IQ test at the Plantation office. I believe this was just to make sure you're at least somewhat intelligent, as the test is timed and they explicitly tell you to finish the test even if you have to "Christmas tree" it. My gut feeling is that they were mostly trying to see if I am able to follow directions, to finish the test at all costs regardless of correct answers. The test is basically like your SAT's except not as ridiculous. At the end of the test, the company's CEO/Owner came in for an informal interview. He didn't really ask me any questions other than trying to get a feel for my educational background. It was mostly a gauge of the type of questions I would ask him, probably to examine my intuition level. So come prepared with questions The next step were a series of formal interviews at the Plantation office, all in one day and lasted about 2.5 hours. I met with the Vice President of Sales and the Sales Manager. I met with each of them one-on-one in a small, standard interview-sized room. At no point in the process was there a group/panel interview. Questions were mostly based around how you would do in a sales role, what you think of sales, and how you can handle rude customers in a professional way. The VP of Sales had a long list of questions and we spoke for about an hour. The Sales Manager was quick and to the point, knowing what she wants and quickly gauging if you have it. She was no BS and got in and out quickly. I actually appreciated that. A few days later they called to extend the job offer. I told them I would give them an answer the next day and they were okay with that. The next day I called an accepted. The time between each step is about 7 days +/- 4 days (it was a while ago so I can't really remember how long it took, but I do remember it not being a very lengthy process). The HR Director is very professional. There is no drug test or background check.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to deal with rude people and how you dealt with it   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not attempt to negotiate.