Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Onslow County School DistrictMore
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Onslow County School District.
Easy interview, felt prepared, interviewer was very nice
- How would I make sure I had adequate materials for my classroom if there was no money for such things. Answer Question
In NC, teachers don't negotiate. The pay is based on a scale. The only thing that differs is the counties supplement. Onslow has a 10% supplement.
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week – interviewed at Onslow County School District (Jacksonville, NC) in December 2010.
In Onslow County, you apply at each individual school rather than at the administration building. I dropped off my resume and a brochure of myself summarizing my experiences. I received the opportunity to meet with the principal for an interview. I met with the principal who asked several problem-based questions and how I would mitigate any issues. Upon completing the interview with the principal, I waited a week until I heard the news. I received the job!
- The principal asked me where I saw myself in ten years. At the time, I was 22 years old, so it was difficult to envision; however, I was hoping to have graduated with my master's and still serving as a teacher. 1 Answer
No negotiations were made.
- Declined OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewDeclined OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took a day – interviewed at Onslow County School District in January 2012.
The Chief IT Officer explained that the interview was a series of questions presented in a structured manner, each question wasn't necessarily related to the previous question(s). The interview was conducted by the Chief IT Officer and 2 other supervisory level employees. The nature of the questions were typical to what you would expect from a job interview, nothing difficult (tell us about yourself, recap your work experience & education, describe your strongest quality, describe a difficult situation and how you handled it, etc). Salary seemed to be a nearly non-negotiable point due to the fact that the school system is somewhat under budgeted.
- Describe in detail a difficult situation you had with a co-worker and how you resolved the situation. Answer Question