Onslow County School District

Onslow County School District Interview Questions

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Onslow County School District

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Onslow County School District.

Interview

Easy interview, felt prepared, interviewer was very nice

Interview Questions

• How would I make sure I had adequate materials for my classroom if there was no money for such things.   Answer Question

Negotiation

In NC, teachers don't negotiate. The pay is based on a scale. The only thing that differs is the counties supplement. Onslow has a 10% supplement.

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Onslow County School District (Jacksonville, NC) in December 2010.

Interview

In Onslow County, you apply at each individual school rather than at the administration building. I dropped off my resume and a brochure of myself summarizing my experiences. I received the opportunity to meet with the principal for an interview. I met with the principal who asked several problem-based questions and how I would mitigate any issues. Upon completing the interview with the principal, I waited a week until I heard the news. I received the job!

Interview Questions

• The principal asked me where I saw myself in ten years. At the time, I was 22 years old, so it was difficult to envision; however, I was hoping to have graduated with my master's and still serving as a teacher.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations were made.

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Onslow County School District in January 2012.

Interview

The Chief IT Officer explained that the interview was a series of questions presented in a structured manner, each question wasn't necessarily related to the previous question(s). The interview was conducted by the Chief IT Officer and 2 other supervisory level employees. The nature of the questions were typical to what you would expect from a job interview, nothing difficult (tell us about yourself, recap your work experience & education, describe your strongest quality, describe a difficult situation and how you handled it, etc). Salary seemed to be a nearly non-negotiable point due to the fact that the school system is somewhat under budgeted.

Interview Questions

• Describe in detail a difficult situation you had with a co-worker and how you resolved the situation.   Answer Question