Ontario Power Generation Interview Questions in Toronto, ON

3.2

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Engineering Summer Coop Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pickering, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ontario Power Generation in April 2014.

Applied online through OPG website. Got a call a couple of weeks later asking for a phone interview. Interview was 5-6 behavioral questions. They gave a situation and you had to provide an answer. Taylor your answers towards power generation. I answered many of the questions I got asked by giving examples of a school project I worked on related to a power plant system design.

They said they would contact me in a few weeks with a decision. They called me the a week later and offered me the position. Currently going through security clearance which takes about 3-5 weeks to process.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you experienced failure   View Answer
    Negotiated start date, very flexible.

Engineering Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pickering, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Ontario Power Generation in February 2014.

I applied through the website online and within a month I got an invitation for an interview. The interview was a panel interview with one engineer and HR specialist. The questions were pretty much straight forward.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about your interests, skills, or special abilities that you think is relevant to this position?   Answer Question

Nuclear Engineering Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ontario Power Generation in January 2014.

Standard 45 minute interview, they asked six behavioral questions. The interviewers were extremely polite and made the entire interview a pleasant process. They kept asking how certain actions of others made me feel while I was giving responses which I found a little awkward. Other than that there is nothing significant worth noting.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of repetitive task or project from school or work that you didn't like doing?   Answer Question

Section Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pickering, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Ontario Power Generation in October 2013.

apply online, interview with panel, references requested, security clearance process, then wait . Very long process I.e applied in July, interviewed in October, November still waiting to hear outcome. The security cleanse and submission process is a bit confusing

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

interviewed at Ontario Power Generation in March 2013.

they will ask about your skills and qualifications and how it can enhance/help in the dept for which you have applied. It's all about thinking about how to use current skills and making a difference in a new environment.

a

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pickering, ON (Canada)

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Ontario Power Generation in June 2010.

Behavioral interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you accomplished something significant that wouldn’t have happened if you had not been there to make it happen.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to analyze facts quickly, define key issues, and respond immediately or develop a plan that produced good results.   Answer Question

Senior Technical Engineer/Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pickering, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ontario Power Generation in January 2010.

- Mandatory Security Clearance
    - Competancy and Behavioural Quesitons
    - There will be various situational based questions. Make sure you always stay calm and positive in your answers. Always gives examples from previous jobs. Dont say negative about previous employers.

No negotiations

Manager Process Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ontario Power Generation in July 2009.

Strictly checklist items. Questions on experience and suitability for a unionized environment. Very much concerned about experience managing people.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have experience managing unionized staff   View Answer

Developmental Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowmanville, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowmanville, ON (Canada)

The process took a dayinterviewed at Ontario Power Generation in March 2009.

Was emailed to set up a phone interview for the position. The phone interview was approximately 45 minutes long and dealt entirely with behavioral questions read from a standard document. Prepare your answers ahead of time and consider what you know about and can offer to the company.

It was a great place to gain some work experience during school while making a very nice student wage.

Interview Questions
    • What difficulties do you think OPG will face in the future?   Answer Question