Ontario Power Generation Interview Questions in Toronto, ON

Updated Mar 29, 2015

Nuclear Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ontario Power Generation (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

Behaviour based questions, 40 min, Asked which department I would be most interested in working at. Basic knowledge of the different areas of the plant should be known. pretty straight forward, interviewers were friendly and gave time to think about answers. try to reflect on past experiences as much as possible and how they relate to the job you are applying for.

Interview Questions

• what was a time that you made a mistake that affected others and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question
    • what is a challenge that you overcame   Answer Question

Summer Co-op Engineering Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ontario Power Generation (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

very friendly! kind of long but other good. got an invite for interview, went for the interview. asked about ongoing work, opg. apparently there was 647 applicants, used 2 rounds of filter and then manager read individual cover letters to pick 5 candidates out of 12.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pickering, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Ontario Power Generation (Pickering, ON (Canada)) in January 2015.

Interview

Waited in cafeteria with coffee and cookies to talk with current interns. Called into interview with two senior engineers. Given presentation on administrative questions. Have your security documentation ready for the HR people at the front desk, it will speed up the process. If you are offered another job, email HR and they may respond to you about job offerings more quickly.

Market Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ontario Power Generation (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Applied through the OPG and University website. Was contacted to set up the first and only interview. The interview had two interviewers and consisted of behavioural, technical and brain teaser questions. Everyone was friendly and gave you time to think and jot down assumptions for brainteasers.

Engineering and Applied Science Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pickering, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ontario Power Generation (Pickering, ON (Canada)) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online and was offered an interview via email a month later for the following week. Had to bring at least 4 references and complete the paperwork for security clearance prior to interview. Standard behavioural questions; nothing too difficult.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation you witnessed that was unsafe and what did you do to correct it?   Answer Question

Engineering Summer Coop Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pickering, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ontario Power Generation (Pickering, ON (Canada)) in April 2014.

Interview

Applied online through OPG website. Got a call a couple of weeks later asking for a phone interview. Interview was 5-6 behavioral questions. They gave a situation and you had to provide an answer. Taylor your answers towards power generation. I answered many of the questions I got asked by giving examples of a school project I worked on related to a power plant system design. They said they would contact me in a few weeks with a decision. They called me the a week later and offered me the position. Currently going through security clearance which takes about 3-5 weeks to process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you experienced failure   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiated start date, very flexible.

Engineering Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pickering, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Ontario Power Generation (Pickering, ON (Canada)) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied through the website online and within a month I got an invitation for an interview. The interview was a panel interview with one engineer and HR specialist. The questions were pretty much straight forward.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your interests, skills, or special abilities that you think is relevant to this position?   Answer Question

Nuclear Engineering Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ontario Power Generation (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2014.

Interview

Standard 45 minute interview, they asked six behavioral questions. The interviewers were extremely polite and made the entire interview a pleasant process. They kept asking how certain actions of others made me feel while I was giving responses which I found a little awkward. Other than that there is nothing significant worth noting.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of repetitive task or project from school or work that you didn't like doing?   Answer Question

Section Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pickering, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Ontario Power Generation (Pickering, ON (Canada)) in October 2013.

Interview

apply online, interview with panel, references requested, security clearance process, then wait . Very long process I.e applied in July, interviewed in October, November still waiting to hear outcome. The security cleanse and submission process is a bit confusing

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

interviewed at Ontario Power Generation (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2013.

Interview

they will ask about your skills and qualifications and how it can enhance/help in the dept for which you have applied. It's all about thinking about how to use current skills and making a difference in a new environment.

a