Ontario Securities Commission

5 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Articling Student Interview

Articling Student

I applied through college or university and the process took 10 months - interviewed at Ontario Securities Commission.

Interview Details – The OSC participates in the formal articling process through the Ontario law schools so you get a call on call day and schedule your interview during the allocated interview days. There was only one interview, no follow up visit or second interview. The actual interview was very formal, a panel of interviewers, formal question/answer format, very little or no chit chat, the interviewers made a lot of notes I'm assuming so that they could compare your answers with those of the other candidates. Some general questions about securities regulation and policies should be expected. The remainder of the questions were behavioural/situational (ie have you faced a challenge at your previous work and how did you handle it) and questions relating to your skills and how they will benefit you in the role that you've applied for.

Interview Question – How do you strike a balance between investor protection and encouraging efficiency in the capital markets?   View Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Ontario Securities Commission.

Interview Details – Poor - I was offered the same job 3 different times - the HR Manager forgot she'd already offered it to me in the past.

Negotiation Details – Confusing - took too long to get the offer letter.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ontario Securities Commission in August 2013.

Interview Details – I had one panel interview with the Hiring Manager and her colleague. The Interview ran for an hour with an overview of responsibilities, a few behavioural questions were asked, more concerned with skills -set to do with the job.

Interview Question – How do I work with dealing with difficult individuals?   Answer Question

Assistant Interview

Assistant

I applied online and interviewed at Ontario Securities Commission.

Interview Details – ineffective

Interview Question – behavioural questions   Answer Question

Legal Counsel, Investment Funds Interview

Legal Counsel, Investment Funds

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Ontario Securities Commission.

Interview Details – It was a long process involving three long interviews.

Interview Question – The questions were not terribly difficult and were, for the first interview, general behavioural based questions for the first interview, a bit informal with the second interview (with the expectation that you will lead with questions), and the third one is really casual (with the expectation, I suspect, to see whether you're sociable etc).   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Ontario Securities Commission? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ontario Securities Commission interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Ontario Securities Commission employees and interview candidates.