Ontario Securities Commission

Ontario Securities Commission Interview Questions

Updated Mar 4, 2015

2.7

2L Summer Student Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Ontario Securities Commission.

Interview

You apply online, then their HR contacts you to set up an interview over Reading Week. After the interview, they say you will hear back in 3 weeks time.

The interview was a panel of 5 people. Appeared to be a fit interview. Spent ~10 minutes explaining their summer/articling programs, then ~10 minutes asking questions about relevant resume experience/comfort with litigation. The rest of the interview they had me ask them questions.

Interview Questions

• What classes do you expect to take in the future? Tell me about your experience at X company? Did you become more comfortable mooting/in court as you had more and more experience? What do you know about our JSOT program? No substantive questions about legislation.   Answer Question

Derivatives Data Student Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Ontario Securities Commission.

Interview

one by two interview, 40 minutes. in first 10 minutes, they gave a basic concept about their team and how OSC behaves. Then they asked some basic concepts about derivatives products, financial market, risk management. some behavior questions including integrity, teamwork and loyalty.

Articling Student Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 10+ monthsinterviewed at Ontario Securities Commission.

Interview

The OSC participates in the formal articling process through the Ontario law schools so you get a call on call day and schedule your interview during the allocated interview days. There was only one interview, no follow up visit or second interview. The actual interview was very formal, a panel of interviewers, formal question/answer format, very little or no chit chat, the interviewers made a lot of notes I'm assuming so that they could compare your answers with those of the other candidates. Some general questions about securities regulation and policies should be expected. The remainder of the questions were behavioural/situational (ie have you faced a challenge at your previous work and how did you handle it) and questions relating to your skills and how they will benefit you in the role that you've applied for.

Interview Questions

• How do you strike a balance between investor protection and encouraging efficiency in the capital markets?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Ontario Securities Commission (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Poor - I was offered the same job 3 different times - the HR Manager forgot she'd already offered it to me in the past.

Negotiation

Confusing - took too long to get the offer letter.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ontario Securities Commission (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2013.

Interview

I had one panel interview with the Hiring Manager and her colleague. The Interview ran for an hour with an overview of responsibilities, a few behavioural questions were asked, more concerned with skills -set to do with the job.

Interview Questions

• How do I work with dealing with difficult individuals?   Answer Question

Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Ontario Securities Commission.

Interview

ineffective

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ontario Securities Commission.

Interview

It was a long process involving three long interviews.

Interview Questions

• The questions were not terribly difficult and were, for the first interview, general behavioural based questions for the first interview, a bit informal with the second interview (with the expectation that you will lead with questions), and the third one is really casual (with the expectation, I suspect, to see whether you're sociable etc).   Answer Question