Onvia Interview Questions

Updated Mar 16, 2015
Updated Mar 16, 2015

2.3

Content Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Onvia (Seattle, WA) in May 2014.

Interview

Pretty straightforward interview, nothing special. All behavioral questions. Just wanted to get to know your background, why Onvia, etc. Did a 15 minute phone interview initially, and then they called back a couple weeks later to schedule an in-office. Met with HR, and content manager. Got a tour of the office. and got to interact with employees in potential department.

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Onvia.

Interview

Phone screening process was a breeze. Went through individual 1:1 interviews with couple groups of team members

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Senior Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Onvia (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Straight forward interview process. They have you meet with 3 managers from the Sales division who all get to know you in their own individual ways, but the common theme is they want to understand why you think you're a good salesman and what your sales process is. Last interview with the CEO is unique, but wasn't too difficult. They just want to know what makes you tick

Interview Questions

• Mock Call was the hardest part, because you're given one shot to impress. Nerve racking.   Answer Question

Negotiation

In Sales, did not negotiate because of commission structure which is pretty good.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Onvia (Seattle, WA) in June 2013.

Interview

I met with 3 or 4 people. Each person asked their own set of questions. They asked what I know about Onvia, why I want to work there, etc. They have two types of sales positions. One is focused on finding new business (lots of cold calls) and the other is focused on existing customers.

Interview Questions

• One person asked me what percentage of people are "good" people.   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Onvia (Seattle, WA) in June 2013.

Interview

Dressed up which was definitely a good idea. Interviews were not well thought out. People seemed more concerned with the "now" and less with the fact that if I were hired, I would impact their daily functioning in untold ways. Not all were available to meet so others subbed in. Toughest questions came from the subs. Come prepared to discuss data, contracts, process, and innovation.

Interview Questions

• Do you have knowledge of government contracting?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Know your worth. Negotiate. Get a fair value and consider the opportunity to be the highest priority. These are good people who are trying hard to make a difference for their company. But don't accept less than you're REALLY worth to THEM. If you're going to make the big bucks at this company, you MUST deliver a high impact.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Onvia (Seattle, WA) in January 2011.

Interview

Underwhelming

Company potential

Marketing Campaign Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Onvia (Seattle, WA) in December 2010.

Interview

The interview process was kicked off with a HR recruiter phone screen, then a 1:1 interview with the hiring manager. Then I was brought back for a full day interview with 5 other key people, including a peer, a few senior managers, and the CEO.

Interview Questions

• I really can't think of any difficult questions they asked.   Answer Question

Senior Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Onvia (Seattle, WA) in May 2010.

Interview

Very poor, they did not properly assess my skills on resume, then they called me in only to tell me that I was underqualified.

Senior Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Onvia (Seattle, WA) in June 2009.

Interview

Contacted by in-house recruiter and did several telephone interviews. Had telephone interviews with different Vice Presidents of the company. Did a 2 hour face-to-face with two VP stakeholders.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Onvia (Seattle, WA) in January 2009.

Interview

Phone screen then a follow-up call within a week. Focused on consultative sales skills. Final is a role playing call-they give you a customer to research and you have to do a mock-call with the team and "sell" them on the Onvia solution. Overall the interviews were not overly insightful or especially hard.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard stuff-weaknesses/strengths-that type of stuff.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a higher base salary-but then found out later they were trying to low-ball me and were routinely gaming prosepcts on the base-straw man negotiations. Ethically challenged company