Onvia

Relevance Date Difficulty

Content Data Analyst Interview

Content Data Analyst
Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Onvia in May 2014.

Interview Details – Pretty straightforward interview, nothing special. All behavioral questions. Just wanted to get to know your background, why Onvia, etc. Did a 15 minute phone interview initially, and then they called back a couple weeks later to schedule an in-office. Met with HR, and content manager. Got a tour of the office. and got to interact with employees in potential department.

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Onvia in January 2009.

Interview Details – Phone screen then a follow-up call within a week. Focused on consultative sales skills. Final is a role playing call-they give you a customer to research and you have to do a mock-call with the team and "sell" them on the Onvia solution. Overall the interviews were not overly insightful or especially hard.

Interview Question – Pretty standard stuff-weaknesses/strengths-that type of stuff.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate a higher base salary-but then found out later they were trying to low-ball me and were routinely gaming prosepcts on the base-straw man negotiations. Ethically challenged company

Data Analyst Interview

Data Analyst

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Onvia.

Interview Details – Phone screening process was a breeze. Went through individual 1:1 interviews with couple groups of team members

Negotiation Details – No negotiations.

Sales Interview

Sales
Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Onvia in June 2013.

Interview Details – I met with 3 or 4 people. Each person asked their own set of questions. They asked what I know about Onvia, why I want to work there, etc. They have two types of sales positions. One is focused on finding new business (lots of cold calls) and the other is focused on existing customers.

Interview Question – One person asked me what percentage of people are "good" people.   View Answer

Senior Account Executive Interview

Senior Account Executive
Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Onvia.

Interview Details – Straight forward interview process. They have you meet with 3 managers from the Sales division who all get to know you in their own individual ways, but the common theme is they want to understand why you think you're a good salesman and what your sales process is. Last interview with the CEO is unique, but wasn't too difficult. They just want to know what makes you tick

Interview Question – Mock Call was the hardest part, because you're given one shot to impress. Nerve racking.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – In Sales, did not negotiate because of commission structure which is pretty good.

Marketing Campaign Manager Interview

Marketing Campaign Manager
Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Onvia in December 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process was kicked off with a HR recruiter phone screen, then a 1:1 interview with the hiring manager. Then I was brought back for a full day interview with 5 other key people, including a peer, a few senior managers, and the CEO.

Interview Question – I really can't think of any difficult questions they asked.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Sales Interview

Sales
Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Onvia in January 2011.

Interview Details – Underwhelming

Interview Question – Largest previous account   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Company potential

Senior Accountant Interview

Senior Accountant
Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Onvia in May 2010.

Interview Details – Very poor, they did not properly assess my skills on resume, then they called me in only to tell me that I was underqualified.

Interview Question – skills   View Answer

Senior Product Manager Interview

Senior Product Manager
Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Onvia in June 2009.

Interview Details – Contacted by in-house recruiter and did several telephone interviews. Had telephone interviews with different Vice Presidents of the company. Did a 2 hour face-to-face with two VP stakeholders.

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Onvia in July 2011.

Interview Details – I met with 6 different managers. I was basically asked the same questions over and over again. I was well qualified for the position however, I was not selected. All but one manager had been with the company less than a year… RED FLAG. The office seemed dirty and disorganized. The interview was conducted in a large storage closet, which seemed odd since I noticed a lot of empty space around the office. Looking back I’m very thankful that I was not selected.

Interview Question – All of the questions were very basic.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Onvia? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Onvia interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by Onvia employees and interview candidates.