Onward Healthcare

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Recruiter Interview

Recruiter

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Onward Healthcare.

Interview Details – Phone interview with HR then 2 in person interviews

Negotiation Details – They have a base salary

Client Service Manager Interview

Client Service Manager
Wilton, CT

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Onward Healthcare in September 2012.

Interview Details – There was a two step interview for me. I had a brief screening then came into and met with 3 people. The interview took about an hour and was very straight forward. They won't ask you any crazy questions.

Interview Question – What are your challenges?   Answer Question

Recruitment Specialist Interview

Recruitment Specialist
Wilton, CT

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Onward Healthcare.

Interview Details – Applied online, had a phone interview, and went for a 2 hour face to face interview which included mock e-mails, voice-mails, standard interview questions, and a math test. I heard later that week they would like to bring be in to shadow one of the team leads to get a better feel for the job.

After the shadowing, they wanted to move forward so I was asked to take a drug test. I did and I received an offer letter a few days later. Upon looking though the contract, the benefits were only breifly alluded to so I sent a counter offer in an attempt to negotiate the salary and benefits package.

This is when Onward really showed their true colors. I received a very cold email response still not telling me anything about the benefits package besides the names of the plans to choose from. Then after a very bizarre phone call that evening, I was asked to "sleep on it" and sign / decline in the morning. I signed and heard nothing from the company all day until I received a voice-mail saying the offer was retracted. I think I really dodged a bullet! Glad I didn't end up at such an unprofessional company.

Interview Question – math questionnaire   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – When I attempted to negotiate I got a voicemail the next day from someone in HR saying that the offer I received (a contract in writing!!) was retracted and they were moving forward with other candidates. My email was clearly misunderstood and as quickly as I received an offer it was retracted.

Recruitment Specialist Interview

Recruitment Specialist
Wilton, CT

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Onward Healthcare in January 2013.

Interview Details – Met them at a career fair, had a phone interview, and went for a 2 hour face to face interview which included mock e-mails, questions, and a math test. They offered me the job on the spot which I accepted the next day.

Right when I accepted the job she said hopefully I would be able to start the following Tuesday, however it just depended on how fast I could go and get a drug test. I was happy to go and do it that day. However a couple hours later she called me back and said I actually would not start on Tuesday, but it would most likely be the following week and said that she would keep in touch.

They dragged this on for two weeks in which I talked to them about five times and not once did she even mention that anything was wrong just that they were not sure when I could start. I met this girl multiple times so I felt that I could kind of trust her and just thought maybe they were really busy with other things.

On February 14, 2013 I received an email that basically said Happy Valentines Day...sorry we actually are not hiring anymore. No explanation, no phone call, no sincere apology... and what makes matters even worse I moved from MA to CT for this job (which they knew I was doing) and I even declined another job offer because I believed I had a job with Onward Healthcare.

So I start my job search back up the day after I received that e mail saying that they changed their minds and do not need any more recruiters, and I see that they posted on February 15 that they were hiring for that exact position, so they also lied to me.

Extremely unprofessional...I am very happy I did not end up at a company like this.

Interview Question – The surprise math test, even though it was not hard it would have been nice of them to let me know EVERYTHING the interview entailed.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating

Junior Recruitment Specialist Interview

Junior Recruitment Specialist
Wilton, CT

I applied online - interviewed at Onward Healthcare in December 2012.

Interview Details – Interview with 3 people. First and last interviewers were courteous, while the middle was very nasty and short of patience. I'm not sure if it was an interview tactic or poor interview conduction on her part. Basic questions, three mock emails, and two mock voicemails. Lots of "prove yourself" questions. Recent grads encouraged to apply, but upon arriving they told me they were looking for proven sales records. Process was two hours long. Fair interview, misleading job listing. $37,500 starting salary plus "commission"

Interview Questions

Worked for Onward Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!