Onward Healthcare Interview Questions

Updated Feb 8, 2015
Updated Feb 8, 2015

2.1

Junior Recruitment Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Onward Healthcare.

I had 2 interviews and felt pretty confident in getting the position. I felt like it was honestly run by girls who just got out of college. I didn't get the position and I think it was because I was taking my last class before getting my bachelor's degree...online, I didn't even have to go on campus for. The pay wasn't that good either, just about 30K. They offered me an internship that I declined. They asked me a bunch of questions and made me do a simple math problem and send an email - pretty ridiculous. I do not recommend.

Interview Questions
    • What would you want to be doing in 5 years?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilton, CT

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Onward Healthcare in June 2014.

Had about a 5-10minute phone interview with their HR guy who was friendly and honest about everything and gave good insight into the job. At the end of the phone call he said he would send me over an email with info for a face to face interview with him and the team, it came quickly and I was in the office a few days later.

The interview was pretty straight forward besides some exercises I had to do during the end but they give those out to get a feel for your phone and email skills. Wasn't very hard at all just took about 15-20min, then I met with the manager hiring for the job for a good amount of time. All in all a decent experience.

After that I had to take a drug screen and once that passed they offered me the job which I accepted. The whole process was pretty smooth, everyone is nice here and it's a good work environment.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle yourself under pressure?   View Answer
    Didn't negotiate, the salary and benefits info was given to me before the job offer.

Recruiter Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Onward Healthcare.

Phone interview with HR then 2 in person interviews

They have a base salary

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilton, CT

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Onward Healthcare.

Applied online, had a phone interview, and went for a 2 hour face to face interview which included mock e-mails, voice-mails, standard interview questions, and a math test. I heard later that week they would like to bring be in to shadow one of the team leads to get a better feel for the job.

After the shadowing, they wanted to move forward so I was asked to take a drug test. I did and I received an offer letter a few days later. Upon looking though the contract, the benefits were only breifly alluded to so I sent a counter offer in an attempt to negotiate the salary and benefits package.

This is when Onward really showed their true colors. I received a very cold email response still not telling me anything about the benefits package besides the names of the plans to choose from. Then after a very bizarre phone call that evening, I was asked to "sleep on it" and sign / decline in the morning. I signed and heard nothing from the company all day until I received a voice-mail saying the offer was retracted. I think I really dodged a bullet! Glad I didn't end up at such an unprofessional company.

Interview Questions
    When I attempted to negotiate I got a voicemail the next day from someone in HR saying that the offer I received (a contract in writing!!) was retracted and they were moving forward with other candidates. My email was clearly misunderstood and as quickly as I received an offer it was retracted.

RN Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Onward Healthcare in February 2013.

phone interview was easy, Recruiter put me at ease. , Testing was lengthy as was reference requirements. They paid all job related expenses (ie. Physical, Tb testing, drug testing etc..)

Interview Questions
    • none . much easier than interview for full time position as a staff nurse   Answer Question
    I was clueless, know your wanted by many companies so negotiate and get what you deserve. even if they say no at first most companies will call you the next day and work it out (so I have heard) I am too passive aggressive to do this. Plus I am loyal to my recruiter.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilton, CT

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Onward Healthcare in January 2013.

Met them at a career fair, had a phone interview, and went for a 2 hour face to face interview which included mock e-mails, questions, and a math test. They offered me the job on the spot which I accepted the next day.

Right when I accepted the job she said hopefully I would be able to start the following Tuesday, however it just depended on how fast I could go and get a drug test. I was happy to go and do it that day. However a couple hours later she called me back and said I actually would not start on Tuesday, but it would most likely be the following week and said that she would keep in touch.

They dragged this on for two weeks in which I talked to them about five times and not once did she even mention that anything was wrong just that they were not sure when I could start. I met this girl multiple times so I felt that I could kind of trust her and just thought maybe they were really busy with other things.

On February 14, 2013 I received an email that basically said Happy Valentines Day...sorry we actually are not hiring anymore. No explanation, no phone call, no sincere apology... and what makes matters even worse I moved from MA to CT for this job (which they knew I was doing) and I even declined another job offer because I believed I had a job with Onward Healthcare.

So I start my job search back up the day after I received that e mail saying that they changed their minds and do not need any more recruiters, and I see that they posted on February 15 that they were hiring for that exact position, so they also lied to me.

Extremely unprofessional...I am very happy I did not end up at a company like this.

Interview Questions
    • The surprise math test, even though it was not hard it would have been nice of them to let me know EVERYTHING the interview entailed.   Answer Question
    No negotiating

Junior Recruitment Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilton, CT
    Anonymous Employee in Wilton, CT

I applied online – interviewed at Onward Healthcare in December 2012.

Interview with 3 people. First and last interviewers were courteous, while the middle was very nasty and short of patience. I'm not sure if it was an interview tactic or poor interview conduction on her part. Basic questions, three mock emails, and two mock voicemails. Lots of "prove yourself" questions. Recent grads encouraged to apply, but upon arriving they told me they were looking for proven sales records. Process was two hours long. Fair interview, misleading job listing. $37,500 starting salary plus "commission"

Client Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilton, CT

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Onward Healthcare in September 2012.

There was a two step interview for me. I had a brief screening then came into and met with 3 people. The interview took about an hour and was very straight forward. They won't ask you any crazy questions.