Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Ooyala
- Software Engineer (15)
- Software Engineer Intern (5)
- Senior Software Engineer (3)
- Engineering Manager (2)
- Technical Project Manager (2)
- Product Manager (1)
- Senior Customer Success Manager (1)
- Staff Software Intern (1)
- Software Engineer - Test (1)
- Software Engineer Interm (1)
- Finance/Accounting Team (1)
- Mac Administrator (1)
- Consultant (1)
- User Experience Designer (1)
- Software Engineer In Test (1)
- Software Engineering (1)
- Site Reliability Engineer (1)
- Account Manager (1)
- Senior Project Manager (1)
- Associate Product Manager (1)
- Sales Executive (1)
- Sales (1)
- Account Coordinator (1)
- Software Development Engineer In Test (1)
- Solution Architect (1)
- Solutions Architect (1)
- Project Manager (1)
- Sales Representative (1)
- Engineering (1)
Software Engineer Intern Interview
I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks – interviewed at Ooyala (Mountain View, CA) in January 2014.
Was contacted by one of their tech recruiters and she then went onto schedule me a HR interview. HR interview went fine and I was told that they would have three rounds of technical interviews. I was really impressed by the interview process as a whole because my recruiter was really prompt at getting back to me after each round.
After each round, she got back to me telling me that the interview went well. Finally after the three rounds of technical interview, I was told that she would get back to me soon. Later, the next day, my recruiter called me up and told me that they had decided to give me an offer.
More importantly, all the engineers who interviewed me were really nice and totally gave a positive outlook to the company.
- I believe that I must respect the company and its impressive interview process by not giving away explicit details about their interview questions. But either way, I certainly believe that if you have taken a good data-structures level course from a school with a good CS program, then you should probably be good to go. Answer Question
They gave me a good offer and overall the company had a very positive vibe to it. So I didn't really think twice before accepting the offer.
Other Interview Reviews for Ooyala
Software Engineer Intern InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Ooyala (Mountain View, CA) in February 2012.
I submitted my resume at a career fair. Two weeks later, I was invited for an onsite interview that lasted for an hour. About fifteen minutes after the interview, I received an offer on the spot.
The offer was fixed. It was a fairly good offer considering my lack of experience, so I did not seek to negotiate.
Software Engineer Intern InterviewDeclined OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days – interviewed at Ooyala (Berkeley, CA) in September 2011.
Overall, the interview process these guys was phenomenal. They showed up at the Berkeley Career Fair, and actually talked with the students about their resumes. If a particular person or resume jumped out at them, right on the spot they scheduled an interview for the next day. I was lucky enough to be selected as one of those people. The next day, there were three 1:1 interviews with actual engineers who worked there, each lasting around an hour. After the three interviews I was pulled aside by the hr representative, and invited out to dinner with the team so we could interact in more of a casual setting. The vibe I got from these guys was very positive. While they got work done, they also had a relaxed nature to them, that was very appealing.
- Find the largest sum of consecutive integers in an array? 1 Answer
- Find the degree of separation between two people (e.g. LinkedIn's connected feature) 1 Answer
- How would you structure the game of life (classes, functions etc...)? How would you structure the board if it was played on a sphere? Answer Question
- Knapsack Problem 1 Answer
Software Engineer Intern InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online – interviewed at Ooyala.
At the beginning the read my resume and after that, they sent me an email to have an initial interview with me, I enjoyed it, later they sent me an email with a code exercise to solve and was not difficult, then they called me for a code exam with them about algorithms and software engineering. They also checked my github's repositories.
- I think the one related with strings in data structures were more difficult. 1 Answer
There's nothing to think, this is a great company
Software Engineer Intern InterviewAccepted Offer
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at Ooyala.
Since this was an intern position, I had 3 separate phone interviews. For all three phone interviews, there was an online website where both me and the interviewer could view and edit (kind of like a Google Doc). For all three, they pretty much dove into the technical questions. Each was about an hour long. Usually since I'm not too familiar with a lot of computer science knowledge, I would only be able to finish one technical question in an hour (including questions at the end), but for all three at Ooyala, I had two to three technical questions. All the people who interviewed me were very nice and encouraged/helped me out to get to the solution. Overall, it was a positive interview experience. The recruiter was also very nice and followed up with each interview in a timely manner.
- Printing diagonals of a matrix Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review