Ooyala Technical Project Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jul 4, 2014
Updated Jul 4, 2014

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Technical Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Ooyala in June 2014.

Initial qualifying phone call was then followed by an onsite interview with one PM, 2 SAs, a TAM and a representative from sales. All were more focused upon how I would add future value rather and only required past experience to help qualify and validate that. Highly experienced in their field and also in the wider industry made for an interview that clearly required an 'I don't know' rather then any bluffing.
This was followed by two skype-based interviews (US headquarters) and finally another face-to-face interview with my future boss. This was completed in the pub!

Interview Questions
  • Qualifying the transition from long-term internal projects to shorter-term projects with external clients.   Answer Question
The offer was a fair one and included discussions around current packages and other opportunities in the market.

Ooyala Response

Jul 14, 2014Staffing manager

Happy to hear the process went smoothly. WELCOME TO OOYALA!

Other Interview Reviews for Ooyala

Technical Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Ooyala in July 2012.

A phone screen via Skype with the human resources person, which was scratchy and difficult to understand, lasted only 20 minutes. At the end, to my delight, I was advised my interview was successful and I would progress to the next phone screen. I was told that the details would be sent to me in the next couple of days. I received nothing. Weeks later, I received a proforma rejection email without any acknowledgement about their error... most unprofessional. Methinks the human resources person jumped the gun in the interview by confirming my success without checking with others. Most unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. They just wanted an overview of my career to date, which in my view was articulated very succinctly in my resume, so I merely paraphrased.   Answer Question

Worked for Ooyala? Contribute to the Community!