Ooyala

Relevance Date Difficulty

Technical Project Manager Interview

Technical Project Manager
London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Ooyala in June 2014.

Interview Details – Initial qualifying phone call was then followed by an onsite interview with one PM, 2 SAs, a TAM and a representative from sales. All were more focused upon how I would add future value rather and only required past experience to help qualify and validate that. Highly experienced in their field and also in the wider industry made for an interview that clearly required an 'I don't know' rather then any bluffing.
This was followed by two skype-based interviews (US headquarters) and finally another face-to-face interview with my future boss. This was completed in the pub!

Interview Question – Qualifying the transition from long-term internal projects to shorter-term projects with external clients.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offer was a fair one and included discussions around current packages and other opportunities in the market.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Technical Project Manager Interview

Technical Project Manager

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Ooyala in July 2012.

Interview Details – A phone screen via Skype with the human resources person, which was scratchy and difficult to understand, lasted only 20 minutes. At the end, to my delight, I was advised my interview was successful and I would progress to the next phone screen. I was told that the details would be sent to me in the next couple of days. I received nothing. Weeks later, I received a proforma rejection email without any acknowledgement about their error... most unprofessional. Methinks the human resources person jumped the gun in the interview by confirming my success without checking with others. Most unprofessional.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. They just wanted an overview of my career to date, which in my view was articulated very succinctly in my resume, so I merely paraphrased.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Ooyala

Worked for Ooyala? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ooyala Technical Project Manager interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Ooyala employees and interview candidates.