Open Systems Technologies (NYC)

www.opensystemstech.com
Engaged Employer

Open Systems Technologies (NYC) Interview Questions

Updated Aug 4, 2015

2.9

Interviews for Top Jobs at Open Systems Technologies (NYC)

IT Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Open Systems Technologies (NYC) (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online through the website. A recruiter contacted me via email on the next day to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was about 30 minutes long and consisted of some situational questions and a lot of applying prior experience to this job. At the end of the interview, the recruiter informed me that they were going to send me some information regarding "Experience Cerner Day." Upon reading the information and filling out some more questions, I selected an Experience Cerner Day (which is always on a Fridays). They flew me out to KC on a Thursday afternoon and have you stay in a hotel in downtown. The next day another recruiter comes on a bus to pick up all of the applicants in the hotel lobby, and they give you a small tour of KC. The final step is when they take you to Cerner World Headquarters in North Kansas City where they give an overview of the position, then you go through 2 interviews back to back that last 30 minutes apiece with 2 different Cerner associates. After the interview they have about a 30 minute Q&A with 2 associates who have gone through this process and worked for Cerner for at least a year. This part was informal and doesn't necessarily count against you in the process if you don't have any questions, but there was some valuable information exchanged during this time. After that they take you back to the airport if you flew in, or they take you back to your car at the hotel if you drove there.

IT Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Open Systems Technologies (NYC).

Interview

I had 3 or 4 interviews before receiving the offer. Be prepared to meet with every person in the office one on one, up to 10 people. Once you pass that, you will have to do a presentation in front of the team. Its pretty easy, especially if you were a referral like 90% of the people they hire are referrals or something like that.

Interview Questions

• Salary, always say you want to make as much as possible, you want to move up in the company etc. Don't say you want to make 60k, even though your base salary will be half that if you are lucky. prepare for this job like you would for a sales job and those types of answers they eat up.   Answer Question

Open Systems Technologies (NYC) Response

Oct 7, 2014 – Director

This feedback seems like it is with one of the national offices and not the New York City location. In NYC, the first step is a brief phone conversation, which is then followed up with an in person ... More

Onboarding Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Open Systems Technologies (NYC) in August 2013.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me, set up the interview with HR. Met with HR and she was dressed completely inappropriate. I spoke about my experience and what I was looking for. She then said i would meet with the CEO and go from there.

Senior Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Open Systems Technologies (NYC).

Interview

Phone interview with corporate recruiters. Met with several people in the local office

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard interview questions for a recruiter. Asked about metrics and past numbers.   Answer Question

Negotiation

All done through the internal recruiters.

Trainer/Tech Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Open Systems Technologies (NYC) (Dallas, TX) in September 2012.

Interview

Professional and informational. The recruiter gave me all information available to her for the company and position. I had questions, so she researched the information and got back to me immediately with answers she could get before sending me on the interview with the contract company. The process went well and was very organized. I was hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

quick and simple phase.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Open Systems Technologies (NYC) (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

I sat down with three of the employees, one who is in charge of the training process, and the other two heads of the branch. The first two interviews felt more like a lecture than an actual interview, and the third was a personality test. Each interviewer was very different, one being professional, the other dry, and the third incredibly friendly. The office and work culture is young, fast paced, and competitive.

Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Open Systems Technologies (NYC) (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

Interview was average. Could tell they were serious about what they were looking for, however nothing over the top.

Interview Questions

• What skills will you be able to contribute that will make you stand out above the rest? Why should we hire you over any one else?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered such great benefits, I did not have to negotiate. I would imagine it would have been a non-issue.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Open Systems Technologies (NYC) (Boston, MA) in February 2010.

Interview

quick and disorganized

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Open Systems Technologies (NYC) (Stamford, CT) in October 2009.

Interview

nothing major, they asked - I answered

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I requested the pay, they accepted

Senior Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Open Systems Technologies (NYC) (New York, NY) in March 2008.

Interview

2 step interview, one over the phone and one in the office