OpenLink Financial

Updated Sep 26, 2014
Updated Sep 26, 2014

2.9

Software Developer Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at OpenLink Financial.

I got a phone interview and an on-site interview. The phone interview went through my resume and asked me about java and C basic knowledge. For the on-site interview, they asked me to finish two tests based on java and C. After that, recruiter went through my answer and asked some questions.

Interview Questions
    • The tests are not difficult if you are familiar with programming in java and c   Answer Question

Intern Interview

3 rounds in total. First round is pretty much just chat and informational, providing applicant a chance to get to know the company and the position. The other two rounds can be pretty technical depending on the position.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Uniondale, NY

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at OpenLink Financial.

Head hunter handed resume on my behalf. There is a written test. Most of the questions are in C/C++. First question asks you to implement strlen. There's a question on simple data structures. Another questions asks you to spot errors in code. Then interview with hiring managers and some team members.

Interview Questions
    • The written test shouldn't be too difficult for someone with few years of experience in C/C++.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at OpenLink Financial.

Initial Phone interview followed by onsite interviews with 4 managers

Interview Questions
    • Mostly situational questions. Technical questions were a little tricky   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Uniondale, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at OpenLink Financial.

Spoke with various manager. Answered some simple VB and C questions.

Analyst Interview

2 in-person interviews and 1 presentation.

Junior Business Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at OpenLink Financial.

The Hiring process was smooth for me, but has changed somewhat recently. There has not been too many Business Consultants/Analysts hired as of late, as there seems to be a bigger need for Developers at the moment. The Interview usually consists of a few of the Lead Managers, the Office Manager, and one of the Upper Managers, and perhaps a Senior Business Analyst.

Interview Questions
    It was a quick turnaround. It only took another week to get a formal offer signed.

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at OpenLink Financial in January 2013.

I had two interviews at OpenLink Financial. The first interview was fairly brief over the phone.
    The second interview was in person and lasted for more than an hour. The second interview was very technical with half of the questions covering risk management formulas and the second half covering programming skills.
    The office in NYC at 56 Street and 6 Avenue seemed to be overcrowded with people seating at the desks right next to each other. They did mention that they are planning to move to a bigger office.
    I got an impression that the technical part was used to also observe the candidate's presentation skills to see how person explains his answers and logic to others.
    I also got the impression that the job is travel intensive and very demanding in terms of the work load and probably paying modestly given these factors. People at the office dress very formally and seemed a bit tense.

Interview Questions
    • Lots of questions on forward rates, interest rate curve structure, swaps discounted at continuous interest rates,etc.   Answer Question

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Uniondale, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at OpenLink Financial.

They made me take a test. Once I took the test, I was interviewed by the manager who went through the test with me. Good experience.

Interview Questions
    • Cant say there were any interview questions that were too hard.   Answer Question

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at OpenLink Financial in February 2012.

The started by asking me if I was eligible to work in the United States. OpenLink does not hire international students. They then gave me a written test which was like a begginer C++ class midterm. I then attended an in-person interview with some low level manager. I was called 3 weeks later with an offer, which I declined because it was too low. They called me back 1 week later with an acceptable offer.

Interview Questions
    • Explain why Java is better than C++ or C#.   View Answer
    • What is a script engine?   View Answer
    • How do you query a SQL database inside the OpenLink software?   View Answer
    • How do you create a WPF project from inside the OpenLink software?   View Answer

I declined because it did not meet my salary expectations. OpenLink later called me with another offer which I then accepted because it was more along the lines of what I expected.