OpenLink Financial Interview Questions

Updated Jun 21, 2015

2.8

Business Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at OpenLink Financial.

Interview

First was the HR round where I was explained about the details of the job and my qualifications and some questions from my resume. Next was an onsite interview. It was general and easy. 3 people interviewed from various backgrounds and most of it was from my resume and previous work experience.

Interview Questions

• What is a call and put option? A few brain teasers.. What is your 5 year plan?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at OpenLink Financial.

Interview

I got a phone interview and an on-site interview. The phone interview went through my resume and asked me about java and C basic knowledge. For the on-site interview, they asked me to finish two tests based on java and C. After that, recruiter went through my answer and asked some questions.

Interview Questions

• The tests are not difficult if you are familiar with programming in java and c   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

3 rounds in total. First round is pretty much just chat and informational, providing applicant a chance to get to know the company and the position. The other two rounds can be pretty technical depending on the position.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Uniondale, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at OpenLink Financial (Uniondale, NY).

Interview

Head hunter handed resume on my behalf. There is a written test. Most of the questions are in C/C++. First question asks you to implement strlen. There's a question on simple data structures. Another questions asks you to spot errors in code. Then interview with hiring managers and some team members.

Interview Questions

• The written test shouldn't be too difficult for someone with few years of experience in C/C++.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at OpenLink Financial (New York, NY).

Interview

Initial Phone interview followed by onsite interviews with 4 managers

Interview Questions

• Mostly situational questions. Technical questions were a little tricky   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Uniondale, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at OpenLink Financial (Uniondale, NY).

Interview

Spoke with various manager. Answered some simple VB and C questions.

Analyst Interview

Interview

2 in-person interviews and 1 presentation.

Junior Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at OpenLink Financial.

Interview

The Hiring process was smooth for me, but has changed somewhat recently. There has not been too many Business Consultants/Analysts hired as of late, as there seems to be a bigger need for Developers at the moment. The Interview usually consists of a few of the Lead Managers, the Office Manager, and one of the Upper Managers, and perhaps a Senior Business Analyst.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was a quick turnaround. It only took another week to get a formal offer signed.

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at OpenLink Financial (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

I had two interviews at OpenLink Financial. The first interview was fairly brief over the phone. The second interview was in person and lasted for more than an hour. The second interview was very technical with half of the questions covering risk management formulas and the second half covering programming skills. The office in NYC at 56 Street and 6 Avenue seemed to be overcrowded with people seating at the desks right next to each other. They did mention that they are planning to move to a bigger office. I got an impression that the technical part was used to also observe the candidate's presentation skills to see how person explains his answers and logic to others. I also got the impression that the job is travel intensive and very demanding in terms of the work load and probably paying modestly given these factors. People at the office dress very formally and seemed a bit tense.

Interview Questions

• Lots of questions on forward rates, interest rate curve structure, swaps discounted at continuous interest rates,etc.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at OpenLink Financial in January 2013.

Interview

just phone calls, noting intense. They will hire anyone that shows a little interest. If you have worked in the business, have software experience or general knowledge they will take you.