OpenLink Financial

3.2

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Uniondale, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Uniondale, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at OpenLink Financial.

They made me take a test. Once I took the test, I was interviewed by the manager who went through the test with me. Good experience.

Interview Questions
  • Cant say there were any interview questions that were too hard.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for OpenLink Financial

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at OpenLink Financial in February 2012.

The started by asking me if I was eligible to work in the United States. OpenLink does not hire international students. They then gave me a written test which was like a begginer C++ class midterm. I then attended an in-person interview with some low level manager. I was called 3 weeks later with an offer, which I declined because it was too low. They called me back 1 week later with an acceptable offer.

Interview Questions
    • Explain why Java is better than C++ or C#.   View Answer
    • What is a script engine?   View Answer
    • How do you query a SQL database inside the OpenLink software?   View Answer
    • How do you create a WPF project from inside the OpenLink software?   View Answer

I declined because it did not meet my salary expectations. OpenLink later called me with another offer which I then accepted because it was more along the lines of what I expected.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at OpenLink Financial in July 2011.

An employee refered me. I got a call to take test. I took test in any programming language, but experience with C/C++ and SQL helped. Got call, interviewed 3 more times and finally started negotiating. Interviewed one final time before offer became official. Last Interview was very very technical. Know your C#, .NET framework and JQuery(has nothing to do with job, but they were interested).
    They low balled me first, but finally they put out the big dollars after I told them was willing to meet then in middle. Be agreesive in your demands, an energy job that requires 100% travelling should not paying you less than 80k.

Interview Questions
    • What method can I call in the JQuery API to hide a propety?   View Answer
    • What kind of objects can a OpenLinkor array contain?   View Answer
    They tried offer me almost half of what I asked for, we settled for something between. They tell you that they need to think about it little bit. But they call back. Dont settle for what they originally offer you. I say to them that if they wanted me travel, they going to have to better than that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at OpenLink Financial in March 2011.

I was referred employee looking make quick money. She gave me test questions/answers so I could pass exam coding. I was advised make up technical hobby so that I could appear to be interested technology/coding. I was also advised make up school organization involved demonstrate interest school. I was advised to talk about jQuery/WPF/Android/Ruby. That did trick, I was to through interview. Line managers impressed, I was polite and kiss baby. When asked if want to travel, make sure answer yes. Best candidates turned back they not travel. All technical consultants telecommute, travel is question determine employee will go extra mile for company. Employees that not willing travel for company, are interested in themselves, serving company first.

Interview Questions
    • Coding exam question, delete entry. What proprietary API use?   View Answer
    OpenLink will test waters by making low offer. Do not accept, negotiate. Start high reduce only when OpenLink confirm will not go forward, call back and offter to reduce minimum only if OpenLink not call back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at OpenLink Financial in July 2010.

A basic programming test, If you do exceedingly well in that there wouldn't be any more technical rounds.
    Just a few general HR rounds of interview.

Interview Questions
    • Pencil and Paper test of programming skill. 5 questions. (Any language)   Answer Question

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at OpenLink Financial in February 2008.

I was asked to do a technical test, then a technical interview, business interview and then HR interview.

Interview Questions
    offered an acceptable salary, did not negotiate.