OpenMarket

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Program Manager Interview

Senior Program Manager
Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at OpenMarket in June 2011.

Interview Details – Interview process started with two phone screen interviews, followed by an on-site interview with seven people. Each of these was a 1:1 interview, with the exception of one 2:1 interview. Questions ranged from specific experience for handling emergencies to XML and SQL questions. There was also a lot of emphasis on how one would approach programmatic interface design. The entire on-site interview lasted about five hours and involved everyone from developers to the VP. Everyone was friendly, professional, and genuinely interesting to converse with. I was assigned a recruiter contact throughout the process who was very good at providing updates. While he could not specifically explain why I was not selected from the final three candidates but said that I would be considered for future positions. Over all I very much enjoyed the interview process and would consider a future position with OpenMarket.

Interview Question – Walk me through the process of designing a vending machine. What interfaces would you need to design?   Answer Question

Senior Program Manager Interview

Senior Program Manager
Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at OpenMarket in March 2011.

Interview Details – The initial interview was a phone screen with the recruiter. The second interview was a phone screen with the hiring manager. Finally I was brought in for 4+ hours of interviews with about 8 different people. The overall interview process was fairly straight-forward. I did however have to constantly reach out to the recruiter to keep the process moving. My guess is he is just overworked and has a hard time staying on top of everything.

Interview Question – What about a Service Oriented Architecture makes Program Management harder/easier?   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Technical Support Engineer
London, England (UK)

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at OpenMarket.

Interview Details – I was approached directly by their own HR rather than a recruitment agency after they found my CV online, which was a nice touch and felt more personal than most.

Interview was friendly relaxed and contained a mix of discussion about the role/company and technical and problem solving questions. It was conducted by a senior developer and member of the team I was applying for.

After passing what must have been their initial vetting I was then introduced to the head of my department who asked few more personal and technical questions.

Interview Question – Find the quickest way to count the number of unique words in a given book.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Engineering

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at OpenMarket in December 2011.

Interview Details – Internal Recruiter reaches out to you and does some screening work then sets up multiple phone interviews before bringing you into the office to meet all the "interim" directors. Seems that they had a lot of turnover or reshuffling of staff. Seemed very adhoc since their process seemed not as smooth as expected. At the end of the day, HR says, it does not seem that you are good fit since your experience does not meet the needs of the company. It bills itself as a mobile developer but it's more of a SMS/MMS company that does bulk text messaging over other businesses it advertises on their website. If you focus more on the "bulk sms/mms" over mobile application, you will be a better fit. As a mobile developer, you will not fit in at this time.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about developing a platform that focuses on sending massive amount of sms/mms?   Answer Question
  • What do you know about sending video MMS?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at OpenMarket in June 2010.

Interview Details – good culture and good interviwer

Interview Questions

Worked for OpenMarket? Contribute to the Community!