OpenSky

3 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Senior Network Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at OpenSky.

Interview Details – First, a screening interview was with HR. From there, separate technical and personality interviews with peers and management. Background checks were done, references given, etc. All conversations went well, and I was expecting an offer to be made, as that felt like the next logical step. However, further details of the interviewing process came up afterwards, including having to interview with their client (of which this particular job req was developed for), even though this was for a full-time position with the firm, not a single contract with a single client. In addition, the client had decided to hold-off on proceedings for one reason or another. This was very confusing and disappointing, as this part of the process was not made clear from the start. Got a call-back a month or so later, looking to continue with conversations where things left off. I declined, as I had accepted another offer in the meantime.

Advice... get a clear set of expectations from the start of the interview process to better understand how their business is conducted.

Interview Question – Technical and design question revolved around addressing clients needs.   Answer Question

IT Architect Interview

IT Architect

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at OpenSky in August 2013.

Interview Details – I was sought out by the recruiter for an open position with the company. I had to submit my resume to him and from there had two more interviews. One with the Engagment Manager and then a Technical interview. The interviews lasted no more then 30 min and the interviews could quickly gage your skills and abilities.

Buyer Interview

Buyer
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at OpenSky in June 2012.

Interview Details – Applied through a recruiter, met with then potential manager, potential co-worker & CEO. Asked more or less whether I could handle working in a start-up atmosphere & how I could contribute. Inquired about my tech knowledge as well as retail knowledge. Definitely be prepared to be given a blank slate of a business to work with.

Interview Question – If I was given $100K, what type of business would I start and how would I make that happen?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The recruiter negotiated for me.

Worked for OpenSky? Contribute to the Community!