OpenTV Interview Questions

4.0

QA Engineer Interview

first phone interview and then inperson

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied in-person – interviewed at OpenTV in March 2013.

Technical phone screen, followed by in-person, 5 interviewers, questions about c++, database, general development, some interesting puzzles,

Interview Questions
    • Question about a bridge that a group of persons have to cross, there was no real answer, but it was fun to do   View Answer
    Kind of tough

Senior Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at OpenTV in September 2012.

2 Face to face interviews followed by home assignment. forllowed by presentation and 2 more face to face to interviews. Its a fun process but takes lot of time.. especially if you are already working somewhere.

Interview Questions
    • Typical data structure questions. They asked me to prepare technical presentation on topic oif my choice   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at OpenTV in November 2008.

The hiring process was very smooth - the on-site interview was very long though - lasted a good 6 hours (8 different people interviewed me). The people were very helpful in the interviews - they seemed like interviewers who'd "select" and not "reject" candidates. The questions ranged from algorithms to data structures to C/C++/OOP to OS concepts - threads/processes - IPC mechanisms, memory management, call stack, scheduling algorithms, networking concepts.

Interview Questions
    • Given an array of integers, write a function to find the list of all pairs whose sum equals a given value. Discuss and give time/space complexities of your approach(es).

Signature of the function is:
      public void (int array[], int sum) {
          // your code here
      }

View Answer
    The company paid fairly - though I had to negotiate a lot before I made the final offer.

QA Engineer Interview

good recruiting staff---very responsive,made the interview process easy