OpenTV Interview Questions

4.0

QA Engineer Interview

Interview

first phone interview and then inperson

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at OpenTV (Mountain View, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Technical phone screen, followed by in-person, 5 interviewers, questions about c++, database, general development, some interesting puzzles,

Interview Questions

• Question about a bridge that a group of persons have to cross, there was no real answer, but it was fun to do   1 Answer

Negotiation

Kind of tough

Senior Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at OpenTV (San Francisco, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

2 Face to face interviews followed by home assignment. forllowed by presentation and 2 more face to face to interviews. Its a fun process but takes lot of time.. especially if you are already working somewhere.

Interview Questions

• Typical data structure questions. They asked me to prepare technical presentation on topic oif my choice   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at OpenTV (San Francisco, CA) in November 2008.

Interview

The hiring process was very smooth - the on-site interview was very long though - lasted a good 6 hours (8 different people interviewed me). The people were very helpful in the interviews - they seemed like interviewers who'd "select" and not "reject" candidates. The questions ranged from algorithms to data structures to C/C++/OOP to OS concepts - threads/processes - IPC mechanisms, memory management, call stack, scheduling algorithms, networking concepts.

Interview Questions

• Given an array of integers, write a function to find the list of all pairs whose sum equals a given value. Discuss and give time/space complexities of your approach(es).

Signature of the function is:
      public void (int array[], int sum) {
          // your code here
      }

1 Answer

Negotiation

The company paid fairly - though I had to negotiate a lot before I made the final offer.

QA Engineer Interview

Interview

good recruiting staff---very responsive,made the interview process easy