OpenTable

18 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Restaurant Operations Specialist Interview

Restaurant Operations Specialist

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at OpenTable.

Interview Details – After initially being contacted by the recruiter I was left hanging for a bit. Once we finally got in contact the process went very quickly. I spoke to the recruiter, then was scheduled to speak to a manager the following day. 3 hours after that conversation I was invited to travel to the corporate office the following week for an in person interview. The interview was an hour and a half. I spoke to the manager and a senior manager. They were knowledgeable, courteous and obviously loved their job. While I was disappointed I was not offered the job I found the interview process exciting, thorough, and timely.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at OpenTable in August 2013.

Interview Details – Three phone interviews and then an offer. I did not have to fly in to SF for interview.

Interview Question – They are looking for hunter, aggressive, challenger types. Filled out some silly questionnaire and took an online personality assessment. They didn't ask anything unusual, probably because they are the least creative people ever.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Quick. I was made an offer and I accepted right away. I did try to negotiate because I figured it couldn't hurt, but it wasn't up for negotiation.

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at OpenTable in January 2014.

Interview Details – Obtained interview through employee referral. First step was phone interview just covering standard questions. 2nd interview was also phone interview with hiring manager - focus of call was the position and what is necessary to be successful in the role, questions about background and how it relates to role. Third interview was with another manager on the team, similar questions to prior call, and nothing too out of the ordinary. Final step was interview with Director of group at OpenTable HQ. Again, relating how past fits in with the position, and a few situational questions. Results were found out about two weeks after - whole process taking approx 4 weeks.

Interview Question – How you would handle real examples of customer challenges.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Inside Sales Representative
Boulder, CO

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at OpenTable in September 2013.

Interview Details – Had an interview with a recruiter at the recruiting firm within 2 days of applying. She scheduled me to speak with the sales team managers the next week. Met with the sales managers and then the VP of Sales three weeks later. I was not given an offer and received a generic letter telling me they went with another candidate.

Interview Question – Do you use OpenTable personally. I wasn't sure why that was important to me being able to do the job.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Houston, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 6 months - interviewed at OpenTable.

Interview Details – They will contact you via phone and ask you whether or not you are familiar with the company and what your dining habits are. Do you book via opentable etc... after that you will have a in person meeting with an area manager, then you will meet with several people at the corporate office in san francisco.

Interview Question – In some cases they will ask you to sell OpenTable to them in an interview so be prepared to have a sales pitch, and elevator pitch and a power point presentation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – 6 months negotiation phase, i received stock, and a higher base salary than they were offering.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Inside Sales Representative
Boulder, CO

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at OpenTable in August 2013.

Interview Details – I was referred to this position by an OpenTable employee and was very excited about the opportunity to work for them. But, they need to hire a new Recruiting company. I first spoke to the recruiter and was emailed immediately that the Hiring Manager would be in touch with me. If I haven't heard anything in 2 days, to contact her. A week went by and nothing, so I emailed the recruiter and she was out of the office. The next day she emailed and then we spoke on the phone and she asked a few more questions and said the Hiring Manager needed me to revise my resume because they didn't understand it. (?) The recruiter then told me that it was her fault things were delayed because she had been out of the office and she would let the Hiring Managers know this. She also told me that I was the best candidate for this position. Well, again, days went by and nothing. I emailed the recruiter twice with no response. Then I get the thanks but no thanks from OpenTable. I replied asking why and the recruiter had thrown me under the bus saying I never responded to her and OpenTable had to move on. Needless to say this has put a very bad taste in my mouth. Why would anyone looking for a job not respond especially when the position seemed perfect for my background?!

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Product Marketing Manager
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at OpenTable in April 2012.

Interview Details – Had one telephone interview. It was a pretty standard interview. I was asked about challenges I faced and how I dealt with them. I got the impression that this was a pretty conventional company.

Interview Question – What's the biggest challenge you faced in a previous job and how did you deal with it?   View Answer

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

AREA SALES MANAGER
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at OpenTable in March 2009.

Interview Details – Recruiter screens then interview with sales manager. Next step company brings you to SF for panel of interviews

Interview Question – Questions not terribly difficult, waiting for hours between interviews was disappointing   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at OpenTable in July 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online after looking at OpenTable's website. The website was a bit buggy, as the link led me to a page where all the responsibilities, job name, etc. were blank. Nonetheless, I still registered an account and clicked the apply button. Instantly, I received an email saying my resume had been accepted by the recruitment firm that manages OpenTable's hiring efforts.

I received a call the next morning to set up a quick introductory phone interview about the role. The recruiter was friendly and said it would take 10-15 minutes. I scheduled the phone interview that afternoon and it ended up being almost an hour. She went in depth (so be prepared to provide concrete examples and answer follow up questions). She asked traditional questions and walked through my resume. The interview went from what I expected to be an initial screen to what seemed like a first round interview. It got a bit intense.

After her questions, she gave me some feedback about what she thought my strengths and weaknesses were. She then told me that she would be in touch by the end of the week along with the next steps. At the end, I was told that I was passed over for someone else after following up with her on Friday. The recruiter, however, did not explain why, although I assume it's because of the weaknesses and concerns she expressed during the phone interview. Overall, I thought it was a good experience, especially since she asked me to reach out to her about other positions at OpenTable if I was still interested.

Interview Questions

• What is something that a manager or supervisor - current or past - would say is something that you must improve on?   Answer Question
  • On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate your writing skills? Why? If you proceed to the next interview, you will be expected to take a grammar and writing test.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at OpenTable in May 2013.

Interview Details – I appiled through linkedin and was contacted by recruiter, 30 mins phone interview, next had a phone interview with engineering manager, pretty simple. He decided to bring me for an on site interview, 4 one on one interviews with engineering manager, senior engineers and front end developers.

Interview Question – Most of the questions were based on basic CS algorithms.. Fibonacci, reverse a string, palindrome..   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at OpenTable

Worked for OpenTable? Contribute to the Community!

OpenTable Videos

OpenTable – Why Work for Us?

"I love OpenTable!" That's what we hear when people find out where we work. And guess what? We love OpenTable, too. We love connecting diners with restaurants - and our enthusiastic team has made OpenTable the world's… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at OpenTable interview questions and advice. All 18 interview reviews posted anonymously by OpenTable employees and interview candidates.