OpenText

1 Interview Review

2.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Creative Role Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at OpenText in April 2011.

Applied online heard back from the recruiter within a week or two from my submission. Scheduled an informational phone interview with the recruiter. A few days later HR followed up with me and scheduled a in person interview with the hiring manager, the hiring manager's boss and a team member. All the interviews went well they asked typical interview questions. The interviewers were pretty candid and honest with the challenges their business unit has. The hiring manager where all nice and approachable. They wanted to see some work samples which I sent that evening. I didn't get to see the office or observe the work culture. I had a follow-up call with hiring the manager the next week to gauge ny interest.

I received an offer the next week contingent on a background and credit check. It took about three weeks to get my results back which I felt was a long time I was told this is normally how long it takes. The hiring manager did a good job following up with me during this entire process. The one thing that was a bit annoying was I had to check in with HR about the background and credit check they should have reached out to me letting me know everything was fine.

Interview Questions
Always negotiate for more because you won't get a raise or a cost of living increase. Don't let HR pressure you to make a decision right away.