OpenText

Average Difficulty
43 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at OpenText in May 2012.

Interview Details – Went through 5 interviews and one face to face. Process was pretty simple, meet with hiring manager, spoke with members of his team and senior management. Whole process took 15 days.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for OpenText   Answer Question

Software Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Software Quality Assurance Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at OpenText.

Interview Details – 4 interviews on site
meet the team
thorough check of qualitfications
Understading of expectations of position and challenges

Interview Question – What was your biggest challenge at your previous position....?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy going

Senior Solutions Consultant Interview

Senior Solutions Consultant

I applied in-person and the process took 3 months - interviewed at OpenText.

Interview Details – Expect it to take about 3 months. The communication is terrible.

Interview Question – There were none.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was brought into the company through an acquisition and there was no negotiation phase.

Washington, DC

I applied through other source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at OpenText in December 2011.

Interview Details – Phone and in person

Negotiation Details – short

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
San Mateo, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at OpenText in February 2009.

Interview Details – It was just the basic on consulting experience. Then it was if they liked me.

Interview Question – What woudl you do if you were CEO   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They offered the package and I accepted, not much room for negotiation.

Vice President Corporate Communications Interview

Vice President Corporate Communications
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at OpenText.

Interview Details – I was profiled by a very nice recruiter from Canada, who had a basic job description but knew little about the position. Including how the company was planning on changing from a holding company to a new stack that would make them competitive and innovative. Good luck. The CMO is not a CMO from any perspective and is from the so-called enterprise group at Adobe. Adobe has had a long unsuccessful history of selling to the enterprise. There are really no marketing communications people in the US and that is also a big issue. I have been there before with another Canadian Company.

Interview Question – The interview with the so-called CMO began awkwardly and without any pleasantries, its was almost as if he didn't want to do it. When I asked simple questions about their technology plans, his comment was, well those are product marketing questions and not appropriate for this interview. Humm we continued for another 15 minutes, and I felt like I was talking in another language, the language of enterprise computing that is. When he asked me how I would bring this new stack to market, I mentioned analyst groups, and the response was well analyst relations well that is owned by product marketing. I have brought many products to market including NetWeaver and know how to coordinate various teams in a large company. After 20 minutes I said I think this conversation is over and let's not waste any more time. He said in a condescending way, "well thank your sir for coming."   View Answers (2)

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager
Irvine, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at OpenText in May 2013.

Interview Details – Reached out to the recruiter about the role.
Recruiter did the initial phone screen.

After a week or so, the recruiter reached back to me inviting me for an interview with Hiring Manager (Director of the division). The interview was scheduled for a month later since the Hiring Manager was travelling.

Next was a onsite interview with the Hiring Manager - very cordial interview. The Hiring Manager gave me an opportunity to discuss my background, past work experience and level of interest in the job. Then the Hiring Manager provided me overview of the role, responsibilities, expectations and timelines. He described the customer base, hiring timelines his experience with the company etc.

Interestingly he asked me to meet with couple of team members from their Development and QA teams. Both the members were cordial and gave good insight into the Product Organization.

Overall the interview was positive, I was hopeful of getting a callback. But I did NOT hear back from the recruiter/Hiring Manager for couple of weeks. When contacted, the Hiring Manager told me he was still interviewing other candidates.

After couple of weeks, upon reaching out to the Hiring Manager - I was informed that role was moved to Germany upon request of their biggest customer.

Billing Interview

Billing

Interviewed at OpenText

Interview Details – pre-selection by head hunters, one phone interview, one personal interview with managers

Interview Question – none - very practical and reasonable questions   Answer Question

Inside Sales Account Executive (Sales Engineer) Interview

Inside Sales Account Executive (Sales Engineer)
Kirkland, WA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at OpenText in November 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online through carer builder. Two days later I was contacted by a recruiter to set-up a phone interview. The phone interview I thought went spectacular as the recruiter kept complimenting me on my experience, personality, and positive attitude. she mentioned she will submit my info to a sales manger and gave some preparation research to do before he contacted me and mentioned I should hear from the sales manager within a couple of days.. Three hours later I was sent an email saying we have decided to move on to other candidates. Very strange indeed.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. She just wanted to hear about my previous sales experience and goals i have achieved with reasons on why I left prior sales positions. She thanked me for serving our country as I am a medic/surgical Tech in the Army Reserves.   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at OpenText in December 2010.

Interview Details – Was very smooth

Interview Question – what other job offers do you have   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Was collaborative

Interviews for Top Jobs at OpenText

Worked for OpenText? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at OpenText interview questions and advice. All 43 interview reviews posted anonymously by OpenText employees and interview candidates.