OpenText Interview Questions

2.6

Warehouse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murrieta Hot Springs, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murrieta Hot Springs, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at OpenText in September 2014.

Within the scope of Job seeking, Process is very easy as you go online or You can also move to the company to fill forms. Managers are really communicative and will provide any information encouraging you to go online to apply and call.
    Interview process is really interesting and may undergo a rigid communicative skill and experience of the interviewee or employee. Since the employer have to make sure he is choosing the right person.

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions are twofold sometimes. They may concern the company itself or about your perspective for the company.   View Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at OpenText in September 2014.

I was contacted by internal recruiter. Got first phone interview next day. It went well so they invited me to onsite. I talked to hiring manager and few engineers. I took 2 hrs total. Most of the questions were about my past experience. I got few Java and design pattern questions. Got offer next day.

Offer too low.

Sales Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at OpenText.

Aggressive timeline, aggressive recruiters, with a thorough process. met with 3 levels fo the company, and multiple functions. It was most interesting to talk to other sales people abotu what it takes to be successful there.

Interview Questions
    • "what would people say about you that you would be surprised by?"   Answer Question

Software Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at OpenText.

4 interviews on site
    meet the team
    thorough check of qualitfications
    Understading of expectations of position and challenges

Interview Questions
    • What was your biggest challenge at your previous position....?   Answer Question
    Easy going

Senior Solutions Consultant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at OpenText.

Expect it to take about 3 months. The communication is terrible.

Interview Questions
    I was brought into the company through an acquisition and there was no negotiation phase.

Vice President Corporate Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at OpenText.

I was profiled by a very nice recruiter from Canada, who had a basic job description but knew little about the position. Including how the company was planning on changing from a holding company to a new stack that would make them competitive and innovative. Good luck. The CMO is not a CMO from any perspective and is from the so-called enterprise group at Adobe. Adobe has had a long unsuccessful history of selling to the enterprise. There are really no marketing communications people in the US and that is also a big issue. I have been there before with another Canadian Company.

Interview Questions
    • The interview with the so-called CMO began awkwardly and without any pleasantries, its was almost as if he didn't want to do it. When I asked simple questions about their technology plans, his comment was, well those are product marketing questions and not appropriate for this interview. Humm we continued for another 15 minutes, and I felt like I was talking in another language, the language of enterprise computing that is. When he asked me how I would bring this new stack to market, I mentioned analyst groups, and the response was well analyst relations well that is owned by product marketing. I have brought many products to market including NetWeaver and know how to coordinate various teams in a large company. After 20 minutes I said I think this conversation is over and let's not waste any more time. He said in a condescending way, "well thank your sir for coming."   View Answers (2)

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at OpenText in May 2013.

Reached out to the recruiter about the role.
    Recruiter did the initial phone screen.

After a week or so, the recruiter reached back to me inviting me for an interview with Hiring Manager (Director of the division). The interview was scheduled for a month later since the Hiring Manager was travelling.

Next was a onsite interview with the Hiring Manager - very cordial interview. The Hiring Manager gave me an opportunity to discuss my background, past work experience and level of interest in the job. Then the Hiring Manager provided me overview of the role, responsibilities, expectations and timelines. He described the customer base, hiring timelines his experience with the company etc.

Interestingly he asked me to meet with couple of team members from their Development and QA teams. Both the members were cordial and gave good insight into the Product Organization.

Overall the interview was positive, I was hopeful of getting a callback. But I did NOT hear back from the recruiter/Hiring Manager for couple of weeks. When contacted, the Hiring Manager told me he was still interviewing other candidates.

After couple of weeks, upon reaching out to the Hiring Manager - I was informed that role was moved to Germany upon request of their biggest customer.

Billing Interview

pre-selection by head hunters, one phone interview, one personal interview with managers

Inside Sales Account Executive (Sales Engineer) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kirkland, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kirkland, WA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at OpenText in November 2012.

Applied online through carer builder. Two days later I was contacted by a recruiter to set-up a phone interview. The phone interview I thought went spectacular as the recruiter kept complimenting me on my experience, personality, and positive attitude. she mentioned she will submit my info to a sales manger and gave some preparation research to do before he contacted me and mentioned I should hear from the sales manager within a couple of days.. Three hours later I was sent an email saying we have decided to move on to other candidates. Very strange indeed.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. She just wanted to hear about my previous sales experience and goals i have achieved with reasons on why I left prior sales positions. She thanked me for serving our country as I am a medic/surgical Tech in the Army Reserves.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at OpenText in May 2012.

Went through 5 interviews and one face to face. Process was pretty simple, meet with hiring manager, spoke with members of his team and senior management. Whole process took 15 days.