OpenText Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 3, 2014
Updated Aug 3, 2014
46 interviews

2.6

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at OpenText in January 2012.

This is a tricky hiring process because OpenText outsources their HR to a company called SourceRight Solutions in the US. The initial interview was with HR, it was a simple screening of my qualifications. I couldnt ask a lot of questions because the interviewer wasnt too familiar with the position (1st red flag).

The next interview was with the Hiring Manager, an actual OpenText employee. She called, but asked me to call back; to save a few pennies on the call. Her words, not mine.(2nd red flag). The interview was typical with a job decription and background review, it lasted 1hour; It seemed to go well. However, there was some confusion if i would operate in Canada, US east coast, or west coast (it is a virtual position). That can be a little tricky if you cant work odd hours to compensate for the time zones. (3rd red flag).

I next interviewed with another dept manager, and that was more like a reaffirmation of my skills. He too knew little of the position, since he was new to his own position, one week. He ended the call saying HR would be in touch in a day or two.

After 10 days, i reached out to the hiring manager, she made no reply to my voicemail or email. After 2 weeks, i made several attempts to contact HR. They too made no reply to voicemail (they never answer their phones) or email. I was put off by their HR outsourced company. They give you no more than 48 hours notice for a pending interview. After seeing other reviews, i see this is common. I guess thats ok if your unemployeed and have oodles of free time to juggle your schedule. But i am more disappointed with the fact that when you have a question (who doesnt in an interview process), there is no one that will answer your call or reply to your email.

After 3 weeks (so much for the "day or two") since my last interview with no word from anyone at OpenText or SourceRight Solutions, I accepted an offer from another firm.
    After reading the reviews on this site for OpenText, im glad things worked out for the best, for me.

Interview Questions
    • There werent any difficult or tricky questions. It was more like a converation where they described the position, and i added my relevant work experience.   Answer Question
    • I had several questions a few days after one interview, and called/emailed them to the interviewer.   View Answer

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at OpenText in February 2014.

Interview Process is very big. Almost 6 Technical rounds. Each round around 1 Hour.
    I think one level panel members dont believe on previous round panel. Every round was technical and even Project Manager also asked basic core java questions. This seems to be funny. Each interviewer wants to prove himself on what he knows.

Interview Questions
    • Basic Core java question from a Project manager in 6th round was unexpected.   View Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)

They have lengthy interview process. Minimum is 4 rounds and have heard someone underwent even 9 rounds of interview. Most if time, you will be asked to write code. Some questions are just asked for sake of asking. I am not sure if all their current employees can ask stupid questions.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at OpenText in April 2014.

The interview process consisted of 3 rounds. The 1st round was Aptitude+Technical based online test.
    The 2nd round was Technical round in which they ask questions relationg to the projects,java,SQL(most questions).

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were easy.
      The questions on SQL were tricky to solve.They ask questions on BCNF and Transaction Concurrency.
        View Answer
    Prepare well for the interview and do not reject the offer. You may have offers from several consultancy companies but you can't get a better place than in OpenText. Here you will be paid and moved up based on your performance. If it is great, you can a lot of bucks than you would if you were in a consultancy company.

Customer Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  North York, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North York, ON (Canada)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at OpenText.

This was a 3 step process, My resume was submitted by a internal contact, Then a Phone Interview which simply confirmed the resume. a HR interview which again only checked the facts and added some very general history questions. My Final interview was with the Manager and Vice Manager for the department. This interview was more involved and took over an hour of Q&A. At that point I did not know whether or not I was to be offered the position. So thoughts are that this interview gave Management a good Idea of what I could provide and gave me some feed back on what they were looking for. On the whole a positive interview.

Interview Questions
    There was no Negotiation phase, they offered a salary Take it or leave it...

Program Manager Field and Partner Enablement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Munich (Germany)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Munich (Germany)

I interviewed online - interviewed at OpenText.

A series of telephone interviews followed by a series of in-person interviews. Quite harrowing at the time but fair. Quick to keep me informed at all stages of the process. Warning many of the people involved then are no longer with the company. I understand that the CEO now gets involved in hiring people at ALL levels - crazy.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked a question in German as the application web-site offered a choice between basic and intermediate as a level. My German is not basic I understood the question perfectly but really struggled with answering it in German.   Answer Question
    Ask up front for as much as you can get. There are very few pay rises once you are in the OT system. I asked for a little more than I had previously been paid and got it - no questions asked.

Technical Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at OpenText in January 2010.

Nearly 5-6 rounds of interview, including telephonic, 2-3 rounds of technical rounds, manager, hr and CEO round

Interview Questions
    • Questions are tricky to answer as mostly the questions brings out the working skills   Answer Question

Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at OpenText in February 2013.

At first, skill test is conducted which includes java,c,,aptitude,analytical. next step is face to face interview in which logical skills and technical skills are observed.

Interview Questions
    • No questions like that and the questions asked me are puzzle,my strengths,a c program and few questions about my resume.   View Answers (2)

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at OpenText in September 2010.

normally there are 3-4 rounds of interviews, first round is host by external HR agent, then team manager will run another round of phone interview, once pass, another phone interview will be host by some senior technical members, last interview will be on-site interview.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Waterloo, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at OpenText in August 2012.

HR phone screen and on-site technical interview

Interview Questions
    • Generica web application related questions: SQL, CSS, business logic design, Java   Answer Question

Worked for OpenText? Contribute to the Community!