OpenText Interview Questions

Updated Apr 16, 2015

2.6

Enterprise Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at OpenText.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me via LinkedIn. I asked some basic questions about comp and travel. Responses were guarded at best. I'll likely consider an onsite interview, but definitely am leery based on the less than positive feedback posted here. This interview should be enlightening, and I will post more information as it becomes available. Thanks Glassdoor for the insight you provide.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Phone interview & technical interview

Billing Interview

Interview

pre-selection by head hunters, one phone interview, one personal interview with managers

Interview Questions

Interview

2 rounds of phone interview and one round of personal interview.

the position based in waterloo, but every person who contacted me were from US.

Software Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at OpenText.

Interview

4 interviews on site
    meet the team
    thorough check of qualitfications
    Understading of expectations of position and challenges

Interview Questions

• What was your biggest challenge at your previous position....?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Easy going

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at OpenText.

Interview

Aggressive timeline, aggressive recruiters, with a thorough process. met with 3 levels fo the company, and multiple functions. It was most interesting to talk to other sales people abotu what it takes to be successful there.

Interview Questions

• "what would people say about you that you would be surprised by?"   Answer Question

R&D Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at OpenText (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in June 2010.

Interview

Excellent detailed multi level interview. I was very excited by the interview process and thrilled by the people I met. Need I say more? The people were all friendly and helpful. In all cases they treated me very well and I was encouraged to join the company,

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Straightforward

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at OpenText (New York, NY) in May 2012.

Interview

Went through 5 interviews and one face to face. Process was pretty simple, meet with hiring manager, spoke with members of his team and senior management. Whole process took 15 days.

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brook Park, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at OpenText (Brook Park, OH) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied online through linkedin and had one phone interview before being hired. It was very simple and not threatening. When I arrived on my first day I was handed keys and did some basic training through the phone and online and was set free after that.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at OpenText (Waterloo, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Clunky process, like the left hand didn't know what the right was doing. Two apparently accidental rejection form emails from HR, followed by a request for an on-site first round interview.

In person interview consisted of separate panels of two interviewers. One technical, checking into experience and domain knowledge. The other less technical, more of a Q&A session with discussions and answers to the typical "how have you handled conflict in your career", and "how have you tried to improve your abilities".

After the interview process came a fairly thorough background screening process.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a disagreement you had with a co-worker, and how it was handled or resolved.   Answer Question

Negotiation

One offer, take it or leave it.