OpenText

Average Difficulty
43 candidate interviews

Enterprise Sales Interview

Enterprise Sales

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at OpenText.

Interview Details – A recruiter contacted me via LinkedIn. I asked some basic questions about comp and travel. Responses were guarded at best. I'll likely consider an onsite interview, but definitely am leery based on the less than positive feedback posted here. This interview should be enlightening, and I will post more information as it becomes available. Thanks Glassdoor for the insight you provide.

Interview Question – Did not get any tough questions so far.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

Interview Details – Phone interview & technical interview

Interview Question – What is polymorphism?   Answer Question

Billing Interview

Billing

Interviewed at OpenText

Interview Details – pre-selection by head hunters, one phone interview, one personal interview with managers

Interview Question – none - very practical and reasonable questions   Answer Question

Technical Consultant Interview

Technical Consultant

Interviewed at OpenText

Interview Details – 2 rounds of phone interview and one round of personal interview.

the position based in waterloo, but every person who contacted me were from US.

Interview Question – everything was pretty simple and direct questions   Answer Question

Software Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Software Quality Assurance Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at OpenText.

Interview Details – 4 interviews on site
meet the team
thorough check of qualitfications
Understading of expectations of position and challenges

Interview Question – What was your biggest challenge at your previous position....?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy going

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Reading, England (UK)

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at OpenText in January 2013.

Interview Details – Not applicable. The "Hiring" process is usually by aquireing your current employer

Inside Sales Account Executive (Sales Engineer) Interview

Inside Sales Account Executive (Sales Engineer)
Kirkland, WA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at OpenText in November 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online through carer builder. Two days later I was contacted by a recruiter to set-up a phone interview. The phone interview I thought went spectacular as the recruiter kept complimenting me on my experience, personality, and positive attitude. she mentioned she will submit my info to a sales manger and gave some preparation research to do before he contacted me and mentioned I should hear from the sales manager within a couple of days.. Three hours later I was sent an email saying we have decided to move on to other candidates. Very strange indeed.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. She just wanted to hear about my previous sales experience and goals i have achieved with reasons on why I left prior sales positions. She thanked me for serving our country as I am a medic/surgical Tech in the Army Reserves.   Answer Question

Vice President Corporate Communications Interview

Vice President Corporate Communications
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at OpenText.

Interview Details – I was profiled by a very nice recruiter from Canada, who had a basic job description but knew little about the position. Including how the company was planning on changing from a holding company to a new stack that would make them competitive and innovative. Good luck. The CMO is not a CMO from any perspective and is from the so-called enterprise group at Adobe. Adobe has had a long unsuccessful history of selling to the enterprise. There are really no marketing communications people in the US and that is also a big issue. I have been there before with another Canadian Company.

Interview Question – The interview with the so-called CMO began awkwardly and without any pleasantries, its was almost as if he didn't want to do it. When I asked simple questions about their technology plans, his comment was, well those are product marketing questions and not appropriate for this interview. Humm we continued for another 15 minutes, and I felt like I was talking in another language, the language of enterprise computing that is. When he asked me how I would bring this new stack to market, I mentioned analyst groups, and the response was well analyst relations well that is owned by product marketing. I have brought many products to market including NetWeaver and know how to coordinate various teams in a large company. After 20 minutes I said I think this conversation is over and let's not waste any more time. He said in a condescending way, "well thank your sir for coming."   View Answers (2)

BI Developer Co-op Interview

BI Developer Co-op
Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at OpenText.

Interview Details – Easy interview. Fit questions. Smile lots and you'll get the job,

Interview Question – None. All questions are fit questions.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at OpenText in May 2012.

Interview Details – Went through 5 interviews and one face to face. Process was pretty simple, meet with hiring manager, spoke with members of his team and senior management. Whole process took 15 days.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for OpenText   Answer Question

Worked for OpenText? Contribute to the Community!