OpenText Interview Questions

2.6

Inside Sales Account Executive (Sales Engineer) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kirkland, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kirkland, WA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at OpenText in November 2012.

Applied online through carer builder. Two days later I was contacted by a recruiter to set-up a phone interview. The phone interview I thought went spectacular as the recruiter kept complimenting me on my experience, personality, and positive attitude. she mentioned she will submit my info to a sales manger and gave some preparation research to do before he contacted me and mentioned I should hear from the sales manager within a couple of days.. Three hours later I was sent an email saying we have decided to move on to other candidates. Very strange indeed.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. She just wanted to hear about my previous sales experience and goals i have achieved with reasons on why I left prior sales positions. She thanked me for serving our country as I am a medic/surgical Tech in the Army Reserves.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at OpenText in December 2010.

Was very smooth

Was collaborative

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at OpenText in March 2012.

Initial response was quick but to declare the result whether you are selected or not takes couple of weeks and after couple of weeks if you don't hear from them, then assume you are not selected. They don't even inform you if you are NOT selected because they take so long to decide that probably they don't even remember about you anymore.

R&D Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at OpenText in June 2010.

Excellent detailed multi level interview. I was very excited by the interview process and thrilled by the people I met. Need I say more? The people were all friendly and helpful. In all cases they treated me very well and I was encouraged to join the company,

Straightforward

Lead Software Engineer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at OpenText.

General interview process. .. nothing outstanding. Mostly standard questions were asked and they covered the complete experience and skills that are listed in our resume. Should be easy enough to tackle these interviews though.

Interview Questions
    • It was easy enough and mostly relevant to the experience   Answer Question

Internal Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Preston, North West England, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Preston, North West England, England (UK)

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at OpenText.

1. Telephone Interview (questions about previous position, expected salary)
    2. Face to face interview with the Team Leader(informal, questions about previous work experience, educational background)
    3. Face to face interview with the Hiring Manager (formal, typical questions)

Customer Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  North York, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North York, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at OpenText.

This was a 3 step process, My resume was submitted by a internal contact, Then a Phone Interview which simply confirmed the resume. a HR interview which again only checked the facts and added some very general history questions. My Final interview was with the Manager and Vice Manager for the department. This interview was more involved and took over an hour of Q&A. At that point I did not know whether or not I was to be offered the position. So thoughts are that this interview gave Management a good Idea of what I could provide and gave me some feed back on what they were looking for. On the whole a positive interview.

Interview Questions
    There was no Negotiation phase, they offered a salary Take it or leave it...

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at OpenText in April 2014.

The interview process consisted of 3 rounds. The 1st round was Aptitude+Technical based online test.
    The 2nd round was Technical round in which they ask questions relationg to the projects,java,SQL(most questions).

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were easy.
      The questions on SQL were tricky to solve.They ask questions on BCNF and Transaction Concurrency.
        View Answer
    Prepare well for the interview and do not reject the offer. You may have offers from several consultancy companies but you can't get a better place than in OpenText. Here you will be paid and moved up based on your performance. If it is great, you can a lot of bucks than you would if you were in a consultancy company.

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at OpenText in May 2014.

Applied via LinkedIn, a week later got an email request for a phone interview. Booked interview for 2 days later. HR was very responsive to my emails. I was quite pleased with the professionalism of the HR recruiter. Phone interview lasted about 20 mins. Began by giving a general overview of the position and duties associated with it. Then moved on to discussing my skill set as it pertains to the position. Recruiter was open to answering any questions I had. Also general HR questions such as are you legally entitled to work in Canada, salary expectations. Call ended with recruiter advising me that she would present my candidacy to the hiring manager and would be in touch in a week.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at OpenText in January 2010.

5 interviews

Interview Questions
    • How much you want to make? How much you are making now? You have to answer or you will not get hired.   View Answer
    I accepted the offer