OpenText

Updated Oct 26, 2014

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at OpenText in May 2012.

Went through 5 interviews and one face to face. Process was pretty simple, meet with hiring manager, spoke with members of his team and senior management. Whole process took 15 days.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at OpenText in March 2012.

Initial response was quick but to declare the result whether you are selected or not takes couple of weeks and after couple of weeks if you don't hear from them, then assume you are not selected. They don't even inform you if you are NOT selected because they take so long to decide that probably they don't even remember about you anymore.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at OpenText in December 2011.

Phone and in person

short

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at OpenText in December 2010.

Was very smooth

Was collaborative

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at OpenText in February 2009.

It was just the basic on consulting experience. Then it was if they liked me.

Interview Questions
    They offered the package and I accepted, not much room for negotiation.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at OpenText.

There were 3 rounds
    written test,Program Round,Technical and HR interview.
    The Written Test was easy if you are good at c++,c and java you can easily qualify.
    Coming to coding Part 3 programs were given You have to write Code in 60 Minutes.
    In Technical and HR if you are good at communication skills and basic knowledge in os,c,c++and java you can get job in open text

Interview Questions
    • Write a Program to Count Trailing no of zeros in factorial of given number   Answer Question

Lead Software Engineer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at OpenText.

General interview process. .. nothing outstanding. Mostly standard questions were asked and they covered the complete experience and skills that are listed in our resume. Should be easy enough to tackle these interviews though.

Interview Questions
    • It was easy enough and mostly relevant to the experience   Answer Question

Internal Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Preston, North West England, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Preston, North West England, England (UK)

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at OpenText.

1. Telephone Interview (questions about previous position, expected salary)
    2. Face to face interview with the Team Leader(informal, questions about previous work experience, educational background)
    3. Face to face interview with the Hiring Manager (formal, typical questions)

Customer Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North York, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North York, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at OpenText.

This was a 3 step process, My resume was submitted by a internal contact, Then a Phone Interview which simply confirmed the resume. a HR interview which again only checked the facts and added some very general history questions. My Final interview was with the Manager and Vice Manager for the department. This interview was more involved and took over an hour of Q&A. At that point I did not know whether or not I was to be offered the position. So thoughts are that this interview gave Management a good Idea of what I could provide and gave me some feed back on what they were looking for. On the whole a positive interview.

Interview Questions
    There was no Negotiation phase, they offered a salary Take it or leave it...

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at OpenText in May 2014.

Applied via LinkedIn, a week later got an email request for a phone interview. Booked interview for 2 days later. HR was very responsive to my emails. I was quite pleased with the professionalism of the HR recruiter. Phone interview lasted about 20 mins. Began by giving a general overview of the position and duties associated with it. Then moved on to discussing my skill set as it pertains to the position. Recruiter was open to answering any questions I had. Also general HR questions such as are you legally entitled to work in Canada, salary expectations. Call ended with recruiter advising me that she would present my candidacy to the hiring manager and would be in touch in a week.