OpenText

Updated Oct 26, 2014

2.6

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at OpenText in April 2014.

The interview process consisted of 3 rounds. The 1st round was Aptitude+Technical based online test.
    The 2nd round was Technical round in which they ask questions relationg to the projects,java,SQL(most questions).

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were easy.
      The questions on SQL were tricky to solve.They ask questions on BCNF and Transaction Concurrency.

View Answer
    Prepare well for the interview and do not reject the offer. You may have offers from several consultancy companies but you can't get a better place than in OpenText. Here you will be paid and moved up based on your performance. If it is great, you can a lot of bucks than you would if you were in a consultancy company.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at OpenText in February 2014.

Interview Process is very big. Almost 6 Technical rounds. Each round around 1 Hour.
    I think one level panel members dont believe on previous round panel. Every round was technical and even Project Manager also asked basic core java questions. This seems to be funny. Each interviewer wants to prove himself on what he knows.

Interview Questions
    • Basic Core java question from a Project manager in 6th round was unexpected.   View Answer

Programm-Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Munich (Germany)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Munich (Germany)

(Translated from English)

I applied online – interviewed at OpenText.

Eine Reihe von Telefongesprächen, gefolgt von einer Reihe persönlicher Gespräche. Eine ziemliche Quälerei, aber fair. Ich wurde auf allen Stufen des Verfahrens gut informiert. Eine Warnung: Viele der damals beteiligten Personen arbeiten nicht mehr für die Firma. Soweit ich weiß, ist der Geschäftsführer nun bei Einstellungen auf allen Ebenen beteiligt - verrückt.

A series of telephone interviews followed by a series of in-person interviews. Quite harrowing at the time but fair. Quick to keep me informed at all stages of the process. Warning many of the people involved then are no longer with the company. I understand that the CEO now gets involved in hiring people at ALL levels - crazy.

Interview Questions
    • Mir wurde eine Frage auf Deutsch gestellt, die Bewerbungswebseite bot die Wahl zwischen Grundkenntnissen und fortgeschrittenen Kenntnissen an. Mein Deutsch ist nicht auf Grundkenntnisniveau. Ich verstand die Frage voll und ganz, hatte aber wirklich Mühe, sie auf Deutsch zu beantworten.   I was asked a question in German as the application web-site offered a choice between basic and intermediate as a level. My German is not basic I understood the question perfectly but really struggled with answering it in German.   Answer Question
    Fragen Sie offen und ehrlich, so viel Sie können. Es gibt nur sehr wenige Gehaltserhöhungen, wenn Sie erst einmal im OT-System sind. Ich habe ein wenig mehr verlangt, als ich zuvor erhalten hatte und bekam es. Es wurden keine Fragen gestellt.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

They have lengthy interview process. Minimum is 4 rounds and have heard someone underwent even 9 rounds of interview. Most if time, you will be asked to write code. Some questions are just asked for sake of asking. I am not sure if all their current employees can ask stupid questions.

BI Developer Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at OpenText.

Easy interview. Fit questions. Smile lots and you'll get the job,

Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at OpenText in February 2013.

At first, skill test is conducted which includes java,c,,aptitude,analytical. next step is face to face interview in which logical skills and technical skills are observed.

Interview Questions
    • No questions like that and the questions asked me are puzzle,my strengths,a c program and few questions about my resume.   View Answers (2)

Software Engineer Interview

Phone interview & technical interview

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England (UK)

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at OpenText in January 2013.

Not applicable. The "Hiring" process is usually by aquireing your current employer

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at OpenText in January 2013.

The process is very direct going directly to the point. Since the company have their own products they are expecting someone that will be capable to learn and have a good relationship with the customer.

Interview Questions
    • The Interview focus on the position, no difficult questions or unexpected questions were made.   Answer Question
    The negociation was fine and they were open to explain what are the reasons made in the offer.

Technical Consultant Interview

2 rounds of phone interview and one round of personal interview.

the position based in waterloo, but every person who contacted me were from US.