OpenText

OpenText QA Analyst Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at OpenText in April 2009.

I replied to a job site posting, had an initial phone interview and was told that an interview would be scheduled in Waterloo. I didn't hear anything, so after 3 weeks I followed up and an inteview was scheduled within a few days. I think the recruiter 'lost' me in the system.

I had two typical in-person inteviews which went really well and I liked the team and the work responsibilities - it would have been a perfect match for me.

Interview Questions
  • There were no unexpected questions - just the standard interview questions - why did you leave your last job, what are your strengths/weaknesses, etc.   Answer Question

After accepting the offer, I found out that a police, reference and credit check would be done by an American company. I would have been ok with this if a Canadian company was doing the checks but because of the US Patriot Act, I was extremely uncomfortable for the potential (albeit very remote) of this information being used by the US government.

Just the thought of my personal information potentially being sent to a third-party without my knowledge or consent made me feel as if my right to privacy was being violated.

I then revoked my acceptance of the offer.

In summary, the interview was positive; the conditions of employment were unacceptable.