Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
4 people found this helpful
QA Analyst Interview
I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at OpenText in April 2009.
I replied to a job site posting, had an initial phone interview and was told that an interview would be scheduled in Waterloo. I didn't hear anything, so after 3 weeks I followed up and an inteview was scheduled within a few days. I think the recruiter 'lost' me in the system.
I had two typical in-person inteviews which went really well and I liked the team and the work responsibilities - it would have been a perfect match for me.
- There were no unexpected questions - just the standard interview questions - why did you leave your last job, what are your strengths/weaknesses, etc. Answer Question
After accepting the offer, I found out that a police, reference and credit check would be done by an American company. I would have been ok with this if a Canadian company was doing the checks but because of the US Patriot Act, I was extremely uncomfortable for the potential (albeit very remote) of this information being used by the US government.
Just the thought of my personal information potentially being sent to a third-party without my knowledge or consent made me feel as if my right to privacy was being violated.
I then revoked my acceptance of the offer.
In summary, the interview was positive; the conditions of employment were unacceptable.
Interviews for Top Jobs at OpenText
- Senior Software Engineer (3)
- Account Executive (3)
- Software Developer (3)
- Lead Software Engineer (2)
- Senior Consultant (2)
- Product Manager (2)
- Inside Sales Account Executive (Sales Engineer) (2)
- Creative Role (1)
- BI Developer Co-op (1)
- Program Manager Field and Partner Enablement (1)
- Product Marketing Manager (1)
- Billing (1)
- Business Intelligence Developer (1)
- Internal Sales Executive (1)
- Customer Support Technician (1)
- Enterprise Sales (1)
- Engineering (1)
- Vice President Corporate Communications (1)
- QA Analyst (1)
- Trainee (1)
- Sales (1)
- Senior Software Developer (1)
- Software Quality Assurance Analyst (1)
- R&D (1)
- Senior Solutions Consultant (1)
- Director Level (1)
- Technical Analyst (1)
- Technical Architect (1)
- Technical Consultant (1)
- Senior Account Executive (1)