OpenText

Relevance Date Difficulty

Technical Analyst Interview

Technical Analyst
Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at OpenText in May 2014.

Interview Details – Applied via LinkedIn, a week later got an email request for a phone interview. Booked interview for 2 days later. HR was very responsive to my emails. I was quite pleased with the professionalism of the HR recruiter. Phone interview lasted about 20 mins. Began by giving a general overview of the position and duties associated with it. Then moved on to discussing my skill set as it pertains to the position. Recruiter was open to answering any questions I had. Also general HR questions such as are you legally entitled to work in Canada, salary expectations. Call ended with recruiter advising me that she would present my candidacy to the hiring manager and would be in touch in a week.

Interview Question – No real difficult questions.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager
Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at OpenText in January 2010.

Interview Details – 5 interviews

Interview Question – How much you want to make? How much you are making now? You have to answer or you will not get hired.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I accepted the offer

Senior Graphic Designer Interview

Senior Graphic Designer
Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at OpenText in October 2010.

Interview Details – Initial interview: hiring agency. After I passed that phase I came in for an interview with the team lead and a senior designer. Once passed that came in for a production test, once passed that I was interviewed by the team to show my portfolio. Then hired (1mth process)

Interview Question – Wasn't one.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation necessary. Salary was above average at the time of initial hiring. Vacation was generous, benefits, great.

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Senior Systems Analyst
Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at OpenText in January 2013.

Interview Details – The process is very direct going directly to the point. Since the company have their own products they are expecting someone that will be capable to learn and have a good relationship with the customer.

Interview Question – The Interview focus on the position, no difficult questions or unexpected questions were made.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The negociation was fine and they were open to explain what are the reasons made in the offer.

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at OpenText in August 2012.

Interview Details – HR phone screen and on-site technical interview

Interview Question – Generica web application related questions: SQL, CSS, business logic design, Java   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

BI Developer Co-op Interview

BI Developer Co-op
Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at OpenText.

Interview Details – Easy interview. Fit questions. Smile lots and you'll get the job,

Interview Question – None. All questions are fit questions.   Answer Question

Director Level Interview

Director Level
Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at OpenText in November 2009.

Interview Details – I was approached by a representative of the company. Did a phone interview with this person. She indicated that I had the skills and experience and would pass the information to her Manager to setup an interview. No communication then for 5 months. I then get an email out of the blue asking me to do a phone interview at a specific time and date with less than 48 hours notice. No explanation for the 5 months of silence.

Interview Question – The interview was not difficult and I appeared to have the skills and experience they were seeking.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I decided not to proceed with this company as they clearly have little communication skill and I felt that it probably was indicative of a place that puts little effort in keeping their employees in the loop. I also felt that the urgency in the final email meant they were up against a deadline to have candidates for interviewing and they were just contacting me after 5 months to meet their deadlines.

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Product Marketing Manager
Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at OpenText in October 2009.

Interview Details – Quite pleasant experience for product marketing manager position.
Questions were very straight forward and uncomplicated.
Email with pre-screening questions helped set the stage for the interview.
No offer was made due to limited experience.
Recruiter tried to pass off more experience than I had, despite my resume being outstanding.

The recruiting experience is a much different strategy than simply applying directly to hiring managers.

Interview Question – What writing have you done of sales material   View Answer

QA Analyst Interview

QA Analyst
Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at OpenText in April 2009.

Interview Details – I replied to a job site posting, had an initial phone interview and was told that an interview would be scheduled in Waterloo. I didn't hear anything, so after 3 weeks I followed up and an inteview was scheduled within a few days. I think the recruiter 'lost' me in the system.

I had two typical in-person inteviews which went really well and I liked the team and the work responsibilities - it would have been a perfect match for me.

Interview Question – There were no unexpected questions - just the standard interview questions - why did you leave your last job, what are your strengths/weaknesses, etc.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – After accepting the offer, I found out that a police, reference and credit check would be done by an American company. I would have been ok with this if a Canadian company was doing the checks but because of the US Patriot Act, I was extremely uncomfortable for the potential (albeit very remote) of this information being used by the US government.

Just the thought of my personal information potentially being sent to a third-party without my knowledge or consent made me feel as if my right to privacy was being violated.

I then revoked my acceptance of the offer.

In summary, the interview was positive; the conditions of employment were unacceptable.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for OpenText? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at OpenText interview questions and advice in Waterloo, ON. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by OpenText employees and interview candidates.