OpenTide

Relevance Date Difficulty

Community Manager Interview

Community Manager
Taipei (Taiwan)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at OpenTide in March 2012.

Interview Details – The interview was pretty basic. They asked me to provide a basic powerpoint and a portfolio for the interview, which I did. They asked me standard questions, asking me about my past work experiences, specific examples from my previous jobs that related to the position I was interviewing for, and also told me about the job description.

They have two rounds of interviews, one with the position's department head and one with HR. What I found weird was that it seemed like the department and HR didn't align their info.

The department head really liked me and wanted me to come aboard. However, the HR head did not, and so I think this created a slight conflict of interest within the company about my hiring. The deciding factor came down to the offer: the department head agreed to my salary request, but HR did not. HR had the final say in terms of salary and offered me something i couldn't agree with, and thus I declined.

The department head and the my recruiter tried very hard to find a point of compromise in regards to the offer, calling me multiple times after the interviews to reach an agreement. I very much appreciated this, and almost accepted the offer because of this.

Interview Question – There really wasn't a hard or unexpected question. As said earlier, everything was standard, nothing out of the ordinary, nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The offer wasn't suitable for my current situation.

Worked for OpenTide? Contribute to the Community!