OpenX

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior IOS Developer Interview

Senior IOS Developer
Pasadena, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at OpenX in July 2014.

Interview Details – It was very interesting. Everyone was nice, but blunt. We talked about my qualifications, my experience, etc. I think I was slightly under-qualified so they were rightly iffy about hiring me. Also if you're not good at "whiteboard" interviewing, then this company is DEFINITELY not for you!! Must be on your P's and Q's (not that I wasn't).

Interview Question – Why would you consider yourself a Sr. Level Developer?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Data Analyst
Pasadena, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at OpenX in April 2014.

Interview Details – Process: Initial phone call, on-site panel interview, technical test, and offer.

It was a pleasant interview experience. The interviewers asked great questions that I felt really relates to the position and the culture as a whole. Everyone I met was highly intelligent and easy to talk to.

I wasn't given enough time to think about the offer. The acceptance time window was short.

Interview Question – Excel test and SQL discussion.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I felt rushed to make a decision.

Data Analyst Interview

Data Analyst
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at OpenX in June 2012.

Interview Details – Talk to manager, get the on-site, get the offer. Very fast

Interview Question – To get used to their system   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not do negotiation.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Business Development Manager Interview

Business Development Manager
Pasadena, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at OpenX in October 2013.

Interview Details – Process took about 3 weeks. Initial phone screen with a recruiter, basically walking you through your resume. About a week after, phone interview with the hiring manager (VP of Biz Dev). This was more elaborate, questions like: what do you know about OpenX? What about RTB? Why leave your current company?

After successfully passing the phone interview, I was brought on-site to speak with the hiring manager and 4 other managers individually for about 45 minutes each. Each manager tested your knowledge of the industry, platform, company overview, and passion for the position. Also asked about your previous experience in closing deals, build a pipeline, etc. I received a call from the recruiter two days later saying that they decided I was not a strong enough candidate. Quite unprofessional, as I was not even given a reason as to why.

Interview Question – Explain how RTB works
Explain the different OpenX platforms
What type of deals have you closed before
  Answer Question

Hadoop Engineer Interview

Hadoop Engineer

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at OpenX in November 2013.

Interview Details – Initial call was with HR to get to know if I am a good fit. Next round was a coding task for 1 hr.
I cleared that round and next was a technical interview. It is to getting to know the proficiency in Java and Hadoop.
Interviewer thought that I was talking to some other guy during the interview, but honestly I was not.

Interview Question – Decorator pattern   View Answers (4)

Senior Developer Interview

Senior Developer

Interviewed at OpenX

Interview Details – Phone interview. Went through the first HR rep and then a technical call. Didn't know it was going to be technical, I was sick at the time. I didn't want to reschedule because I figured it would be just a 30 minute getting to know you, but it was full tech. I was coughing the whole time and had a fever and did pretty poorly. They did not respond which I thought was extremely uncourteous.

Interview Question – It was some traditional white board (online) questions. How to execute code.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Pasadena, CA

I applied online - interviewed at OpenX in October 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online and got contacted very quickly by the hiring manager to schedule a phone interview. The first 30 minutes of the interview consisted in a cosing problem involving sorting. The second 30 minutes, with an additional interviewer, consisted in questions about basic machine learning tools and my resume.

Interview Question – None in particular.   View Answers (2)

Software Intern Interview

Software Intern
Pasadena, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at OpenX.

Interview Details – Three technical coding rounds. First round was a phone interview with collabedit for 45 mins, next were two rounds of coding interview. Questions were as follows: Find the kth largest element in an array, Given a template find and replace keywords with values, Given two list of sorted non overlapping intervals, combine them to a single list.

Interview Question – Given two list of sorted non overlapping intervals, combine them to a single list.   View Answer

Site Reliability Engineer Interview

Site Reliability Engineer
Pasadena, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at OpenX in May 2010.

Interview Details – A phone interview, followed by an onsite which includes 3-5 one-on-one interviews and a practical test. There are technical and soft skills interviews. If you don't pass the initial interview you will know right then whether you will proceed to the next steps.

I found out about it on the web and worked directly with the ops manager and team to get the position. Later OpenX got an internal recruiter and switched to jobvite. Regrettably neither were very effective so the process has gotten bogged down.

Interview Question – it was a long time ago and I don't remember those details   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Ask for what you want on day one because you may never get it later. This part of things has been taken over by the mediocre recruiter.

Software Engineer - Test Interview

Software Engineer - Test
Pasadena, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at OpenX in October 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online and received an email for a phone screen. The phone screen is not with HR, it is with the person you would potentially be working with. Phone screen was about 20 minutes about what was on my resume. A few days later, I was contacted with an on site interview that lasted about 3 hours and 30 minutes. I was interviewed by 5 people with each at about ~45 minutes. They were all very nice and welcoming. I was told that I would receive a response in 1-2 and that was true. The overall process was very easy, however I lacked experience that they sought.

Interview Questions

• Given two JSON structures, write a function that would compare them and return true if both are the same.   View Answer
  • Standard UNIX commands that you would use as a daily user.   View Answer

Worked for OpenX? Contribute to the Community!