OpenX

Updated Nov 3, 2014
Updated Nov 3, 2014

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at OpenX.

Applied online and was contacted by the recruiter for the telephonic interview. First guy I talked with was very nice and asked me questions related to my resume and asked me to design a class for chess. Also asked me some general DS questions. Then in the second round, I was asked to code a problem in collabedit with a link where I can finally compile and run my code. I coded it quiet well in time without much difficulty. I missed out an edge case( very rare and difficult to figure it out in interview) which I fixed when he pointed it out to me. Later I got a mail from recruiter that I am rejected for the further interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Don't know the reason why they rejected me in the collabedit round even after writing a executable code with all the test cases cover in the first instance. The interviewer was rude and egoistic.   Answer Question

IOS Engineer Interview

I was interviewed by 4 people.
    first, iOS Engineer gave a simple objective-c coding challenge. use of delegation, category.
    Talked with tech director about past experience.
    A senior engineer asked a question about building a calculator using plus and minors operations only.
    Lastly, talked with another director about past experience, future goal.

Interview Questions
    • building a calculator using plus and minors operations only.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at OpenX in October 2014.

I applied on their website, and quickly got called by a recruiter to schedule a technical interview over the phone.
    The technical interview was with a Software Engineer. He asked questions about my experience, some of them were on data structures and algorithms. The questions were very basic, high level and straightforward. I did not have to write any code. I did quite well on the questions, nothing difficult.
    The interviewer was unprepared, he was struggling about what to ask and to follow-up with questions. We spent a lot of time waiting for him to come up with questions...

Few days later, they told me they would not move forward. Seriously, what a joke!

Senior IOS Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at OpenX in July 2014.

It was very interesting. Everyone was nice, but blunt. We talked about my qualifications, my experience, etc. I think I was slightly under-qualified so they were rightly iffy about hiring me. Also if you're not good at "whiteboard" interviewing, then this company is DEFINITELY not for you!! Must be on your P's and Q's (not that I wasn't).

Interview Questions
    • Why would you consider yourself a Sr. Level Developer?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at OpenX in April 2014.

Process: Initial phone call, on-site panel interview, technical test, and offer.

It was a pleasant interview experience. The interviewers asked great questions that I felt really relates to the position and the culture as a whole. Everyone I met was highly intelligent and easy to talk to.

I wasn't given enough time to think about the offer. The acceptance time window was short.

Interview Questions

I felt rushed to make a decision.

Hadoop Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at OpenX in November 2013.

Initial call was with HR to get to know if I am a good fit. Next round was a coding task for 1 hr.
    I cleared that round and next was a technical interview. It is to getting to know the proficiency in Java and Hadoop.
    Interviewer thought that I was talking to some other guy during the interview, but honestly I was not.

Senior Developer Interview

Phone interview. Went through the first HR rep and then a technical call. Didn't know it was going to be technical, I was sick at the time. I didn't want to reschedule because I figured it would be just a 30 minute getting to know you, but it was full tech. I was coughing the whole time and had a fever and did pretty poorly. They did not respond which I thought was extremely uncourteous.

Interview Questions
    • It was some traditional white board (online) questions. How to execute code.   View Answer

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at OpenX in October 2013.

Process took about 3 weeks. Initial phone screen with a recruiter, basically walking you through your resume. About a week after, phone interview with the hiring manager (VP of Biz Dev). This was more elaborate, questions like: what do you know about OpenX? What about RTB? Why leave your current company?

After successfully passing the phone interview, I was brought on-site to speak with the hiring manager and 4 other managers individually for about 45 minutes each. Each manager tested your knowledge of the industry, platform, company overview, and passion for the position. Also asked about your previous experience in closing deals, build a pipeline, etc. I received a call from the recruiter two days later saying that they decided I was not a strong enough candidate. Quite unprofessional, as I was not even given a reason as to why.

Interview Questions
    • Explain how RTB works
      Explain the different OpenX platforms
      What type of deals have you closed before

Answer Question

Software Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at OpenX.

Three technical coding rounds. First round was a phone interview with collabedit for 45 mins, next were two rounds of coding interview. Questions were as follows: Find the kth largest element in an array, Given a template find and replace keywords with values, Given two list of sorted non overlapping intervals, combine them to a single list.

Interview Questions
    • Given two list of sorted non overlapping intervals, combine them to a single list.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

I applied online – interviewed at OpenX in October 2012.

Applied online and got contacted very quickly by the hiring manager to schedule a phone interview. The first 30 minutes of the interview consisted in a cosing problem involving sorting. The second 30 minutes, with an additional interviewer, consisted in questions about basic machine learning tools and my resume.