Openet Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

3.2

Operational Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Openet (Reston, VA).

Interview

Had phone screening followed by 3 hour interview. Many people came one by one from different team and asked good conversational questions. People were very welcoming and made me comfortable before drilling with an actual interview questions

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kildare (Ireland)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Openet (Kildare (Ireland)) in November 2013.

Interview

There were five engineers who interviewed me based on my Cv and project I worked on. They asked about my choice of technologies and programming languages I have used as well as motivation for using those in particular. They were really friendly and asked supporting questions when necessary.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my choice of technologies and programming languages I have used as well as motivation for using those in particular.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Openet (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in May 2015.

Interview

The application process via the website was very simple and straightforward. I was kept in the loop throughout with a series of progress emails, and my interview was 5 working days after I applied, and I was offered the role two days after that. The interview was a very laid-back meeting, and I felt at ease during it. Questions were clear, and no tricks or pressure questions. Also was given a walk through one of the floors to where the successful applicant would sit, which was a lovely touch. During the process I also had a brief phone interview. I was offered the role two days later.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Openet (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in November 2011.

Interview

Phone interview first, with all the technical questionnaire (consists of choices), and second interview was with HOD (1:1). Once accepted as preferred candidate, HR process kicked off and everything was done within 2 weeks time.

Support Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Openet.

Interview

I applied online. I received an email a few days later organising a telephone interview. The telephone interview took place a few days later. The interview was fair and lasted about 30 minutes. It focused on my experience and details of the role were given. The questions were reasonable. Two days later I received a phone call regarding salary expectations. I was negotiable and was looking for the industry nor, for the position. The salary on offer was substantially less. The salary on offer was for a junior position but this was not what was advertised.

Interview Questions

• I was not expecting a focus on salary at the initial stage.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Openet.

Interview

Good communication in interview process and quick feedback. No messing about with 10 different interviews that some multi-national companies do. Negotiation process was okay and decent benefits on offer.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Openet (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)).

Interview

Interview questions are mainly focused on technical subjects related to software development, including unix and perl scripting topics. Interviewers consist of a team of people from different scope of work such as development, test, and managers. There are two rounds of interview, the first being a technical assessment and the next one to assess cultural fit with the higher management team.

Interview Questions

• Business case regarding handling difficult employees or colleagues.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Openet.

Interview

Phone interview from the Dublin then P2P interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you troubleshoot when the server performance is low?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I interviewed at Openet in May 2011.

Interview

one phone interview

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Openet in February 2013.

Interview

I was interviewed for a North American sales position. The hiring manager had an identified role to fill with some specific experience requirements. The recruiting agency either was unaware of those requirements or did not check for them. During a phone interview with the hiring manager we were able to determine that I did not have those requirements within 15 minutes and it was not a fit. I think the pre-interview process could have been more thorough. The hiring manager was professional.