Opera Solutions

Average Difficulty
45 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Jersey City, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Opera Solutions in September 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through college career posting. On campus first round and in-office final round; standard 2 half-hour interviews in each round. First round mostly behavior/fit questions with a bunch of brainteasers; second round all case questions. Interviewers are very nice and easy to talk to and questions very fair (in my opinion), but it took them an excessively long time to inform you their decisions (first round in early October, second round in late November, decision in early/mid January).

Interview Question – How would you evaluate the credit card industry?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Opera Solutions

Interview Details – Standard consulting interview process. Two first round interviews in person or over the phone, followed by a superday which involved three cases as well as fit questions throughout. Cases were easy-moderate in difficulty.

Interviewed at Opera Solutions

Interview Details – On campus interview. One thirty-min with an associate and another thirty min with a manager.

Interview Question – Go through the resume. Why this company? Two cases   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sales Interview

Sales

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Opera Solutions.

Interview Details – Was supposed to be an interview with a few people that turned into a 6 person panel interview with people trying to one up each other with a harder question. Never in my career did I go through something like this.

Interview Question – Asked me about deal specifics from 12 years ago, nothing current. Total cluster f. If you're a enterprise sales professional, run. Consulting company trying to be a software company.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Opera Solutions.

Interview Details – Hiring through on-campus process. Two-round interview process with three interviews each.
First round is on-campus, second round in their office in Jersey City. They may take a while to give an offer after final round (up to 2 months for some people in my class...)

Typical consulting interviews - no surprise:
1) Personality interview (15 - 20 min)
2) Case study (15 - 20 min)
A brainteaser if time permits.

Interview Question – What is the number of ATMs in the US?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation whatsoever.

Consultant Interview

Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Opera Solutions.

Interview Details – Interview in their SD site for openings in NJ office. Company tour firest, then interview with two HRs. One was walk me through your resume style, the other one was case questions

Interview Question – How many footballs are there in the US   Answer Question

Research and Data Analyst Interview

Research and Data Analyst
San Diego, CA

Interviewed at Opera Solutions

Interview Details – Interview consisted of giving a technical talk about my previous research to a group of ~15 people, then 3 closed-door meetings one-on-one, first with a potential boss and secondly with two people who would have been peers. After interview, an HR rep told me by email that the feedback had been positive, but I didn't hear anything else back so I guess she was just blowing smoke.

Interview Question – Asked to solve a probability problem (find the probability of a false positive using detection software with a given fail rate and a population being tested with a given proportion of positives).   Answer Question

Principal Interview

Principal
Jersey City, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Opera Solutions in February 2012.

Interview Details – Very detailed and focused on expertise.

Interview Question – TBD   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very short

Associate Interview

Associate
Jersey City, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Opera Solutions in November 2012.

Interview Details – First round interview began with two phone calls, each around 30 minutes. First was a business case dealing with churn and how to stop it for an online dating site. It involved some easy math and you had to talk about ways to stop churn and data you might want. The second was a fit interview, all pretty basic stuff, like why consulting, etc. In person interview about 2 weeks later. It consisted of 3 interviews, each about 45-60 minutes. First interview had some fit elements and a brief case about credit card fees and attrition. Second interview was a supply chain case (which was very confusing if you're not familiar with the terminology, and the interviewer was seemingly very pressed for time and really rushed me through it, which I think took away from the interview overall). Final interview was mostly fit with a brainteaser thrown in. Heard back from them about a month or so after my in person saying I was not going to be made an offer.

Interview Question – Supply chain case was confusing because of terminology used
Credit card attrition
Brainteaser
  Answer Question

Business Consultant Interview

Business Consultant
Cambridge, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Opera Solutions in November 2012.

Interview Details – total 2 rounds interview. First round is a 2 1:1 chat on the phone. Each is about 30min. Second round is on site consist 4 1:1 case study questions.

Interview Question – How to transfer what we have into a selling product?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Opera Solutions

Worked for Opera Solutions? Contribute to the Community!

Opera Solutions – Why Work for Us?

Opera Solutions applies advanced analytics to Big Data flows to extract predictive patterns. Our goal is not only to make machines smarter but also (and more important) to use machines’ output to dramatically improve… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Opera Solutions interview questions and advice. All 45 interview reviews posted anonymously by Opera Solutions employees and interview candidates.