Opera Solutions

Updated Dec 13, 2014
Updated Dec 13, 2014

3.3

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Opera Solutions.

I applied through Campus Recruiting, and then got an on-campus interview in two weeks. Have not received further notice yet. Two interviewers, 15 mins each, but for others it was 30 mins. So I might have had a bad interview. Questions were some general questions like why do you want to work for us. The 2nd interview asked how many ATM's are in US.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Opera Solutions in October 2014.

Went through campus recruiting as a recent grad. First round interview was on campus at the career center with 2 30-minute interviews, one with a current BA, one with a more senior Opera employee. Mine consisted of mostly behavioral with one case. However, I am a non-traditional consulting firm applicant so I think that's why it wasn't as case intensive.

Was notified of second round interviews 2 weeks later. Second round was held off-site at a business center. Consisted of 2 45-minute interviews with more senior individuals. Consisted of brain teaser, behavioral, why Opera, are you a good fit questions.

Oracle Pl SQL Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Opera Solutions.

Interview Process - I would consider this the worst interview process any company I have ever gone through. I have over 20 years in Development. First is a test - simple and specific but nothing that can't be figured out. Then I had 5 interviews. Each one was one to two weeks apart. They drag the process out so badly that you are totally discouraged by the time the last one is given. Each interviewer keeps asking the same technical questions that the other interviewer has asked. Also nobody speaks English. I had to keep asking what the interviewer had said. Finally I was told that by each of the other interviewers that I was an excellent match for the position. I get to the last interviewer who appears to hyped up on coffee, a long out series of technical questions that are long convoluted and disjointed about stored procedures. She appeared to be completely satisfied. I thought I had it in the bag but was informed 30 minutes later that I didn't have enough skills. This is weird 20 years experience an OCA and working on an OCP. I'm baffled. I would stay far away from this company as humanly possible.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions are hard - just the people.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Opera Solutions in February 2014.

First round:
    Location: On campus interview
    Duration: 1 hour in total, 30 minutes each (interviewed with two people)
    Format: mostly behaviorals and brain teasers

Second round:
    Location: On site
    Duration: 1 hour (interviewed with one person)
    Format: mostly case interview, and some behaviorals

Interview Questions
    • Brian teaser from first round: If an ant were to crawl from one point on the cube to another how should it do it in the shortest distance?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Standard consulting interview process. Two first round interviews in person or over the phone, followed by a superday which involved three cases as well as fit questions throughout. Cases were easy-moderate in difficulty.

Business Analyst Interview

On campus interview. One thirty-min with an associate and another thirty min with a manager.

Sales Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Opera Solutions.

Was supposed to be an interview with a few people that turned into a 6 person panel interview with people trying to one up each other with a harder question. Never in my career did I go through something like this.

Interview Questions
    • Asked me about deal specifics from 12 years ago, nothing current. Total cluster f. If you're a enterprise sales professional, run. Consulting company trying to be a software company.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Opera Solutions.

Hiring through on-campus process. Two-round interview process with three interviews each.
    First round is on-campus, second round in their office in Jersey City. They may take a while to give an offer after final round (up to 2 months for some people in my class...)

Typical consulting interviews - no surprise:
    1) Personality interview (15 - 20 min)
    2) Case study (15 - 20 min)
    A brainteaser if time permits.

No negotiation whatsoever.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Opera Solutions in September 2013.

Applied through college career posting. On campus first round and in-office final round; standard 2 half-hour interviews in each round. First round mostly behavior/fit questions with a bunch of brainteasers; second round all case questions. Interviewers are very nice and easy to talk to and questions very fair (in my opinion), but it took them an excessively long time to inform you their decisions (first round in early October, second round in late November, decision in early/mid January).

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Opera Solutions.

Interview in their SD site for openings in NJ office. Company tour firest, then interview with two HRs. One was walk me through your resume style, the other one was case questions