Opera Solutions

47 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Oracle Pl SQL Developer Interview

Oracle Pl SQL Developer

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Opera Solutions.

Interview Details – Interview Process - I would consider this the worst interview process any company I have ever gone through. I have over 20 years in Development. First is a test - simple and specific but nothing that can't be figured out. Then I had 5 interviews. Each one was one to two weeks apart. They drag the process out so badly that you are totally discouraged by the time the last one is given. Each interviewer keeps asking the same technical questions that the other interviewer has asked. Also nobody speaks English. I had to keep asking what the interviewer had said. Finally I was told that by each of the other interviewers that I was an excellent match for the position. I get to the last interviewer who appears to hyped up on coffee, a long out series of technical questions that are long convoluted and disjointed about stored procedures. She appeared to be completely satisfied. I thought I had it in the bag but was informed 30 minutes later that I didn't have enough skills. This is weird 20 years experience an OCA and working on an OCP. I'm baffled. I would stay far away from this company as humanly possible.

Interview Question – None of the questions are hard - just the people.   View Answer

Vice President, Business Development Interview

Vice President, Business Development
Jersey City, NJ

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Opera Solutions in December 2011.

Interview Details – My former CEO recommended me to the sales EVP. He passed me to their in-house recruiter in San Diego. Recruiter had me write several papers on how I would sell a product from my former company to Opera's clients. I don't think the paper was ever passed to Opera. Following week, I flew to NJ; met many dept heads. Thorough. Great visit.

Interview Question – How to detect fraud for their marketing clients.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The salary and commission was actually very high, so I agreed that day.

Jersey City, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Opera Solutions in September 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through college career posting. On campus first round and in-office final round; standard 2 half-hour interviews in each round. First round mostly behavior/fit questions with a bunch of brainteasers; second round all case questions. Interviewers are very nice and easy to talk to and questions very fair (in my opinion), but it took them an excessively long time to inform you their decisions (first round in early October, second round in late November, decision in early/mid January).

Interview Question – How would you evaluate the credit card industry?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Opera Solutions

Interview Details – Standard consulting interview process. Two first round interviews in person or over the phone, followed by a superday which involved three cases as well as fit questions throughout. Cases were easy-moderate in difficulty.

Interviewed at Opera Solutions

Interview Details – On campus interview. One thirty-min with an associate and another thirty min with a manager.

Interview Question – Go through the resume. Why this company? Two cases   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Sales

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Opera Solutions.

Interview Details – Was supposed to be an interview with a few people that turned into a 6 person panel interview with people trying to one up each other with a harder question. Never in my career did I go through something like this.

Interview Question – Asked me about deal specifics from 12 years ago, nothing current. Total cluster f. If you're a enterprise sales professional, run. Consulting company trying to be a software company.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Opera Solutions.

Interview Details – Hiring through on-campus process. Two-round interview process with three interviews each.
First round is on-campus, second round in their office in Jersey City. They may take a while to give an offer after final round (up to 2 months for some people in my class...)

Typical consulting interviews - no surprise:
1) Personality interview (15 - 20 min)
2) Case study (15 - 20 min)
A brainteaser if time permits.

Interview Question – What is the number of ATMs in the US?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation whatsoever.

Consultant Interview

Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Opera Solutions.

Interview Details – Interview in their SD site for openings in NJ office. Company tour firest, then interview with two HRs. One was walk me through your resume style, the other one was case questions

Interview Question – How many footballs are there in the US   Answer Question

Research and Data Analyst Interview

Research and Data Analyst
San Diego, CA

Interviewed at Opera Solutions

Interview Details – Interview consisted of giving a technical talk about my previous research to a group of ~15 people, then 3 closed-door meetings one-on-one, first with a potential boss and secondly with two people who would have been peers. After interview, an HR rep told me by email that the feedback had been positive, but I didn't hear anything else back so I guess she was just blowing smoke.

Interview Question – Asked to solve a probability problem (find the probability of a false positive using detection software with a given fail rate and a population being tested with a given proportion of positives).   Answer Question

Principal Interview

Principal
Jersey City, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Opera Solutions in February 2012.

Interview Details – Very detailed and focused on expertise.

Interview Question – TBD   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very short

Worked for Opera Solutions? Contribute to the Community!