Operative Media Interview Questions

Updated Nov 3, 2014
Updated Nov 3, 2014

Director of QA Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Operative Media (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

Went through couple of rounds of easy interviews. Most of the questions were process related.

One guy (i think the engineering head) kept hitting references to stock market and i kept building on that cue. After giving few references to stock market the rest of the interview was a breeze.

Interview Questions

• None really. There is hardly any process or metrics currently captured, so whatever I said was ok.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Fairly easy, I was asked what I was making and they came back with 10K more than what I was making. I told them that it was not worth my time and pain to move for 10K, they bumped it up to 20K more and I accepted.

Applications Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Operative Media.

Interview

Recruiter suggested no suit but I still opted to do so which was good. Chill place but still tried to project professionalism.

Interview Questions

• Nothing to crazy but needed to know about deep SQL and Hadoop   Answer Question

Negotiation

I went through a recruiter so they handled the negotiation.

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Operative Media (New York, NY) in July 2012.

Interview

The talent management team called me up and then had a phone interview. I was called in for a 1:1 interview and there were some 8 rounds of interview. QA Director, QA Leads, Dev Managers, CTO, ... It was a long process. I spent the whole day giving interviews.

Interview Questions

• One QA Lead is not even worth being there, the questions he asks... aah, I am sure that he does not know what he is doing!   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Operative Media (New York, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

Operative's tech stack is mostly Java/Spring/Hibernate/mysql(innodb)/Hadoop

Phone screen: Mostly basics about java collections, design patterns, spring and hibernate. some questions about resume.
    OnSite: Met with about 7-8 people, 3+ hours. Interviewed with CTO, Director of Engineering, some senior developers, and some junior as well. Questions ranged from basic java collection, concurrency/synchronization, design patterns, spring/hibernate, "tell me about this on your resume" to some abstract system design questions.

Interview Questions

• What is the acceptable CPU utilization amount of a production machine right before it sets a "red flag" for you?   Answer Question
    • What's the worst mistake you've made in your carrier   Answer Question
    • What are your favorite design patterns you used?   Answer Question
    • If you have a gripe with Java, what is it? and why?   Answer Question
    • Advantages and (particularly) disadvantages of Spring and other DI containers.   Answer Question

Sales Operations Coordinator Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Operative Media (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

4 Interviews with 6 different people. Very thorough questions, friendly and informative but professional. It's definitely a match-making process for Operative, dependent upon personality traits and the way in which you communicate rather than which internships you've had.

Software Architect Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Operative Media (Bellandur (India)).

Interview

1) 2 Rounds of Telephonic
    2) Face to Face round( Coding Round - can take more than half a day)
    3) Managerial
    4) HR

Focus of the interview would be on Java,Patterns,Integrations, an end to end solution for a particular scenario( including DB).

Once you are in for a face to face and given a laptop, nobody bothers to interact with you and answer some basic things.n fact, you would see people associated with the interview leaving and leaving you alone.

Not a good payer and ill professional recruiter interface.

In one line, made me to feel like a company that lives for the day.

Interview Questions

• The telephonic rounds has some interesting questions and were asked on design choices.   Answer Question

Recruitment process doesn't made me feel comfortable to work with them.Process happens not only slow.But, nobody responds on what is happening. Finally, they would want to re-negotiate on what is expected before the interview.

Lead Level Interview

Interview

Hiring process is very comprehensive and very fast with less hassles of too many interviews. Operative takes care of quick follow ups so that things won't hang around

Interview Questions

• How quickly can you accomplish the assignment with the required quality.   Answer Question

Administration Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Operative Media in June 2011.

Interview

The interview process was consistent and challenging. The panel was carefully selected to ensure there were no redundancies throught the interview process.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions asked   1 Answer