Opinmind

Interviews for Top Jobs at Opinmind

Operations Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Opinmind in May 2009.

There was the usual interview process, including a phone screen and two rounds of in-person interviews and a reference check. The last phase was a practical exercise in monitoring the database. For such a small company, not meeting everyone in the first round seemed sub-optimal, especially since it meant the process was drawn out to 3 weeks. The skills test was a bit flawed, because it seemed like they intended to test scripting skills, not finding a nagios plugin skills. Too bad that's all it was, since I spent the majority of the time setting up a comfortable environment on the linux box I was put in front of.

Interview Questions
    • Monitor most recent insert to MySQL table with Nagios.   Answer Question

Too little money. The offered salary was perhaps appropriate with someone with half my experience (and, perhaps more importantly, the experience they sought), even during the economic downturn. The benefits were modest to anemic.

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Opinmind in June 2010.

Overall a pretty laid back process. After submitting my resume I was contacted by email to interview in person where I had 2 1:1 interviews in which I was asked about my previous experience, projects, coursework and future plans.

Interview Questions