Oplink Communications

2 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Marketing Mngr Interview

Interviewed at Oplink Communications

Interview Details – Direct application response to online ad to initiate contact; response to email communications were delayed several days. HR complained of being overworked. Emails were usually sent after 6:00 PM. Onsite Interview went past 6:00 and involved waiting for key interviewers. Kind of like when you sit and wait for a car salesman to get approval from "the manager" when buying a car.

Interview Question – I was asked if I was single or married, if I rented or owned my home, where I lived, how much I paid rent, what is the minimum I would accept an offer? No, really, what is the minimum? Will you accept less than that? How much less?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The low-balled offer below what was discussed as minimum salary. The offer was negotiated back to a previously discussed minimum, which did not match the position responsibilities added immediately after joining.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Sales Manager Interview

Fremont, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Oplink Communications in March 2011.

Interview Details – Met managers at various departments who gave me very good insights regarding a product line that did not have a well defined plan.

Interview Question – Can you take a lower salary?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The salary did not match the responsibility

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Oplink Communications? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Oplink Communications interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Oplink Communications employees and interview candidates.