OppenheimerFunds Interview Questions

Updated Jun 21, 2015

2.8

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at OppenheimerFunds.

Interview

After being referred through a friend, I had a few emails with a member of HR and then a phone screen. The screen was with the same person, and it was mostly just behavioral questions and walking through my resume. I then had a phone call with my future manager, and that was a fairly straight forward call. We talked more about my experiences and my resume. Luckily we hit it off pretty well and it was mostly just a humorous conversation of him trying to get to know me. I found out a week or so later that I got the position.

Manager Compliance - Code of Ethics Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at OppenheimerFunds (Denver, CO) in May 2015.

Interview

I went through 5 interviews and a Calipers Hiring Assessment over the course of two months and received a letter stating that the firm was going in a different direction. The job was re posted the same date ans the letter was written. Was disappointed that I received a letter versus a call.

Interview Questions

• All interviews were very conversational, felt very at ease.   Answer Question

Disclosure Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OppenheimerFunds (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was okay. The HR recruiter was very informative and transparent regarding the process. However, the Department Manager was undecided whether or not he wanted a junior level individual or an experienced level paralegal when it came to decision-making time. Couldn't make up his mind. I ended up having to say, I can't wait anymore because it's affecting my other offer deadlines -- a waste of my time and energy. Ended up taking another offer with a more focused mutual fund. Oppenheimer needs to stop wasting people's time, and put together and stick to a better job description/requirement. Department Manager, especially, should stick to the job description and requirement, since he is new (4 months) to his role as the paralegals' supervisor.

Interview Questions

• All pretty much based on the job description/requirements, but didn't matter obviously.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at OppenheimerFunds in January 2015.

Interview

It was straight forward. The individual interviewing wanted to see if I truly understood the global market. In addition, they were extremely friendly over the phone. I would tell people interested in joining OpCo to truly understand what they want out of the internship and what they can bring to the table.

Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at OppenheimerFunds in January 2015.

Interview

First, an online application. Got a call 2 weeks later. Set up an in person interview with recruiter. Took an aptitude test and went over roles within OFI. Scheduled another interview and that was more of a behavioral interview

Interview Questions

• Give me a time when you displayed excellent customer service   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at OppenheimerFunds.

Interview

The process was pretty straightforward. I submitted my resume during career fair. They contacted me back several weeks later. Went through the interview with HR. Waited for about a moth and got called for an internship position.

Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centennial, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OppenheimerFunds (Centennial, CO).

Interview

You will connect with an HR representative who will conduct an initial screening. They will work with placement professionals but that is on the decline. After that, you will likely be phone screened by the hiring manager and then brought in for a full interview.

Interview Questions

• Not sure on this. There are very few that play head games; they are more interested with your industry familiarity and vetting your experience level.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They did not negotiate on days off, but they can be flexible on signing bonuses, base salary, and moving allowances.

Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OppenheimerFunds.

Interview

Submitted resume, call back from HR screener (very impersonal and cold and rude), in person interview with some managers/supervisors that was pleasnt - mostly resume background, behavioral and fit, then a drug test, typing test and another unpleasant visit from HR screener

Interview Questions

Negotiation

HR screener claimed offer was non negotiable and was once again not pleasant. Very low offer but I wanted to get back in the industry.

Service Associate Interview

Interview

Phone interview, placement testing and licensing required My interview was years ago and don't remember much. Except they do typing test, like service experience and require licensing. Service side uses temporary hires and if they do well they are hire potentially later.

Negotiation

None

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OppenheimerFunds.

Interview

I was initially contacted by a recruiter to gauge my interest in a position. My first round interview was with the HR rep, who asked basic questions like "walk me through your resume", "why this role", and "why this company". this initial interview only lasted about 15 minutes and was pretty simple. I then made it through to a second round with the hiring manager. This interview was much more complex and largely focused on my previous experience and skills. There was little in the way of behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was that difficult or out of the ordinary. Know about the company and why you want to work in the industry and the group with which you're interviewing.   Answer Question