OppenheimerFunds

Relevance Date Difficulty

Service Associate Interview

Service Associate

Interviewed at OppenheimerFunds

Interview Details – Phone interview, placement testing and licensing required My interview was years ago and don't remember much. Except they do typing test, like service experience and require licensing. Service side uses temporary hires and if they do well they are hire potentially later.

Negotiation Details – None

Analyst Interview

Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at OppenheimerFunds.

Interview Details – I was initially contacted by a recruiter to gauge my interest in a position. My first round interview was with the HR rep, who asked basic questions like "walk me through your resume", "why this role", and "why this company". this initial interview only lasted about 15 minutes and was pretty simple. I then made it through to a second round with the hiring manager. This interview was much more complex and largely focused on my previous experience and skills. There was little in the way of behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Nothing was that difficult or out of the ordinary. Know about the company and why you want to work in the industry and the group with which you're interviewing.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Senior Programmer Analyst Interview

Senior Programmer Analyst
Centennial, CO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at OppenheimerFunds in January 2010.

Interview Details – 1 Day interview, 4 people. No scripts were followed, questions we made up on the spot. No phone pre-screen. Notified within a week of interview. A lot of emphasis on data bases rather than java/C#/ruby/OO etc.

Interview Question – very few technical questions. As an example: when would you use a GROUP BY expressions   View Answer

Negotiation Details – nothing. Salary was set as well as time off.

Support Analyst Interview

Support Analyst
Centennial, CO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at OppenheimerFunds.

Interview Details – It took them six weeks to decide to hire me after my first and only interview. It was excruciating because they kept me dangling, saying that I was in the running with two other individuals. They essentially hired me after I had given up on them.

Interview Question – I didn't really experience difficult questions but was taken aback by a personality test that I had to complete on my own time and bring back to HR. As I had come from over 500 miles for the interview, it became challenging for me to get it done and bring it back before leaving town.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Since the primary reason I wanted the job was to move to the Denver area, I did not negotiate with them but pretty much accepted the offer as it stood.

Assistant Vice President Interview

Assistant Vice President
Denver, CO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at OppenheimerFunds in December 2010.

Interview Details – I had 5 interviews with members of the Sr Leadership team. OFI was in the process of making a significant cultural shift to be more "people driven" so much of the interviews and the questions were focused around coaching and development. The decor was a horrible prison grey, the furniture was outdated and the dress attire left much to be desired. That said, OFI has made significant updates to the facility and has since adapted a business causal atmosphere.

Interview Question – What don't you know about the financial industry? (note: I had zero finance background!)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I asked for a higher salary (about 10K) and ended up with a 5k signing bonus

Senior Writer Interview

Senior Writer
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at OppenheimerFunds.

Interview Details – Lengthy and fraught. They tend to be looking for something very specific but you'll have to figure out what it is in the first interview and then tailor your approach from there.

Interview Question – Because they're looking for something very specific, it's often difficult to come up with an exact facsimile from your past experience, even though the sum of the parts clearly indicates you'd have no problem satisfying the role. Be creative, and read the company's website to make sure you're current because campaigns change frequently.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – My recruiter negotiated for me.

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

Interviewed at OppenheimerFunds

Interview Details – First phone interview with the hiring manager was odd. I think the manager was not particularly personable, and/or may have been in a hurry. In either case, be prepared for getting straight into it with no real pleasantries, and no opportunity to really learn any more about the position. Based on the questions, they were looking for something a little different then the job posting. In my case, it was clearly not a good fit and .

Interview Question – The most forward thinking technology you have seen recently.   Answer Question

Senior Compliance Officer Interview

Senior Compliance Officer

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at OppenheimerFunds.

Interview Details – Applied online and received an email from HR almost 2 months later. Brought in for an informal interview with HR and an interview with the Hiring Manager. I was told that there would be three rounds in total. The second round entails taking an online assessment test then being brought in to meet the other team members. They are looking for a "fit."

Interview Question – Not unexpected but asked to explain what you know about OppenheimerFunds.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

Interviewed at OppenheimerFunds

Interview Details – At least two interviews with different managers.

Interview Question – Pretty straight forward   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Take it or leave it

Fixed Income Risk Intern Interview

Fixed Income Risk Intern
New York, NY

I applied online and interviewed at OppenheimerFunds.

Interview Details – First round with HR: 20 minutes phone interview. Go through resume and fit questions.

Second round with two: one is senior manager, the other is associate analyst. 45 min each. Go through resume and technical questions related to my education background and working experience. For example, monte carlo simulation, mortgage risk, PCA.

Interview Question – all reasonable   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at OppenheimerFunds

Worked for OppenheimerFunds? Contribute to the Community!