OppenheimerFunds

Updated Jul 6, 2014
Updated Jul 6, 2014

2.9

Service Associate Interview

Phone interview, placement testing and licensing required My interview was years ago and don't remember much. Except they do typing test, like service experience and require licensing. Service side uses temporary hires and if they do well they are hire potentially later.

None

Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at OppenheimerFunds.

I was initially contacted by a recruiter to gauge my interest in a position. My first round interview was with the HR rep, who asked basic questions like "walk me through your resume", "why this role", and "why this company". this initial interview only lasted about 15 minutes and was pretty simple. I then made it through to a second round with the hiring manager. This interview was much more complex and largely focused on my previous experience and skills. There was little in the way of behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was that difficult or out of the ordinary. Know about the company and why you want to work in the industry and the group with which you're interviewing.   Answer Question

Senior Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Centennial, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centennial, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at OppenheimerFunds in January 2010.

1 Day interview, 4 people. No scripts were followed, questions we made up on the spot. No phone pre-screen. Notified within a week of interview. A lot of emphasis on data bases rather than java/C#/ruby/OO etc.

Interview Questions
    • very few technical questions. As an example: when would you use a GROUP BY expressions   View Answer
    nothing. Salary was set as well as time off.

Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Centennial, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centennial, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at OppenheimerFunds.

It took them six weeks to decide to hire me after my first and only interview. It was excruciating because they kept me dangling, saying that I was in the running with two other individuals. They essentially hired me after I had given up on them.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't really experience difficult questions but was taken aback by a personality test that I had to complete on my own time and bring back to HR. As I had come from over 500 miles for the interview, it became challenging for me to get it done and bring it back before leaving town.   Answer Question
    Since the primary reason I wanted the job was to move to the Denver area, I did not negotiate with them but pretty much accepted the offer as it stood.

Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at OppenheimerFunds in December 2010.

I had 5 interviews with members of the Sr Leadership team. OFI was in the process of making a significant cultural shift to be more "people driven" so much of the interviews and the questions were focused around coaching and development. The decor was a horrible prison grey, the furniture was outdated and the dress attire left much to be desired. That said, OFI has made significant updates to the facility and has since adapted a business causal atmosphere.

Interview Questions
    • What don't you know about the financial industry? (note: I had zero finance background!)   Answer Question
    I asked for a higher salary (about 10K) and ended up with a 5k signing bonus

Senior Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at OppenheimerFunds.

Lengthy and fraught. They tend to be looking for something very specific but you'll have to figure out what it is in the first interview and then tailor your approach from there.

Interview Questions
    • Because they're looking for something very specific, it's often difficult to come up with an exact facsimile from your past experience, even though the sum of the parts clearly indicates you'd have no problem satisfying the role. Be creative, and read the company's website to make sure you're current because campaigns change frequently.   Answer Question
    My recruiter negotiated for me.

Business Analyst Interview

First phone interview with the hiring manager was odd. I think the manager was not particularly personable, and/or may have been in a hurry. In either case, be prepared for getting straight into it with no real pleasantries, and no opportunity to really learn any more about the position. Based on the questions, they were looking for something a little different then the job posting. In my case, it was clearly not a good fit and .

Interview Questions
    • The most forward thinking technology you have seen recently.   Answer Question

Senior Compliance Officer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at OppenheimerFunds.

Applied online and received an email from HR almost 2 months later. Brought in for an informal interview with HR and an interview with the Hiring Manager. I was told that there would be three rounds in total. The second round entails taking an online assessment test then being brought in to meet the other team members. They are looking for a "fit."

Interview Questions
    • Not unexpected but asked to explain what you know about OppenheimerFunds.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

At least two interviews with different managers.

Take it or leave it

Fixed Income Risk Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at OppenheimerFunds.

First round with HR: 20 minutes phone interview. Go through resume and fit questions.

Second round with two: one is senior manager, the other is associate analyst. 45 min each. Go through resume and technical questions related to my education background and working experience. For example, monte carlo simulation, mortgage risk, PCA.

Interview Questions

Worked for OppenheimerFunds? Contribute to the Community!