OppenheimerFunds

Updated Oct 22, 2014
Updated Oct 22, 2014

2.9

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at OppenheimerFunds.

The process was pretty straightforward. I submitted my resume during career fair. They contacted me back several weeks later. Went through the interview with HR. Waited for about a moth and got called for an internship position.

Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centennial, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at OppenheimerFunds.

You will connect with an HR representative who will conduct an initial screening. They will work with placement professionals but that is on the decline. After that, you will likely be phone screened by the hiring manager and then brought in for a full interview.

Interview Questions
    • Not sure on this. There are very few that play head games; they are more interested with your industry familiarity and vetting your experience level.   Answer Question
    They did not negotiate on days off, but they can be flexible on signing bonuses, base salary, and moving allowances.

Service Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at OppenheimerFunds.

Submitted resume, call back from HR screener (very impersonal and cold and rude), in person interview with some managers/supervisors that was pleasnt - mostly resume background, behavioral and fit, then a drug test, typing test and another unpleasant visit from HR screener

Interview Questions
    HR screener claimed offer was non negotiable and was once again not pleasant. Very low offer but I wanted to get back in the industry.

Service Associate Interview

Phone interview, placement testing and licensing required My interview was years ago and don't remember much. Except they do typing test, like service experience and require licensing. Service side uses temporary hires and if they do well they are hire potentially later.

None

Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at OppenheimerFunds.

I was initially contacted by a recruiter to gauge my interest in a position. My first round interview was with the HR rep, who asked basic questions like "walk me through your resume", "why this role", and "why this company". this initial interview only lasted about 15 minutes and was pretty simple. I then made it through to a second round with the hiring manager. This interview was much more complex and largely focused on my previous experience and skills. There was little in the way of behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was that difficult or out of the ordinary. Know about the company and why you want to work in the industry and the group with which you're interviewing.   Answer Question

Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centennial, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at OppenheimerFunds.

It took them six weeks to decide to hire me after my first and only interview. It was excruciating because they kept me dangling, saying that I was in the running with two other individuals. They essentially hired me after I had given up on them.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't really experience difficult questions but was taken aback by a personality test that I had to complete on my own time and bring back to HR. As I had come from over 500 miles for the interview, it became challenging for me to get it done and bring it back before leaving town.   Answer Question
    Since the primary reason I wanted the job was to move to the Denver area, I did not negotiate with them but pretty much accepted the offer as it stood.

Senior Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at OppenheimerFunds.

Lengthy and fraught. They tend to be looking for something very specific but you'll have to figure out what it is in the first interview and then tailor your approach from there.

Interview Questions
    • Because they're looking for something very specific, it's often difficult to come up with an exact facsimile from your past experience, even though the sum of the parts clearly indicates you'd have no problem satisfying the role. Be creative, and read the company's website to make sure you're current because campaigns change frequently.   Answer Question
    My recruiter negotiated for me.

Business Analyst Interview

First phone interview with the hiring manager was odd. I think the manager was not particularly personable, and/or may have been in a hurry. In either case, be prepared for getting straight into it with no real pleasantries, and no opportunity to really learn any more about the position. Based on the questions, they were looking for something a little different then the job posting. In my case, it was clearly not a good fit and .

Interview Questions
    • The most forward thinking technology you have seen recently.   Answer Question

Senior Compliance Officer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at OppenheimerFunds.

Applied online and received an email from HR almost 2 months later. Brought in for an informal interview with HR and an interview with the Hiring Manager. I was told that there would be three rounds in total. The second round entails taking an online assessment test then being brought in to meet the other team members. They are looking for a "fit."

Interview Questions
    • Not unexpected but asked to explain what you know about OppenheimerFunds.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

At least two interviews with different managers.

Take it or leave it