Oprah Winfrey Network

Updated Dec 14, 2014
Updated Dec 14, 2014

Interviews for Top Jobs at Oprah Winfrey Network

Sales Planner Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Oprah Winfrey Network.

The interview process consisted of a screening call by HR and then interviews with the Sales Manager and Director of Operations. The interviewers asked standard questions that were not too difficult.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Oprah Winfrey Network.

Phone call with vice president, followed my a personal interview with two lead developers. The initial phone interview is very introductory and is based on your personality and how much you like working in media. Do you like to watch TV? Are you into celebrity, philanthropy, production, cinema?

If that goes well they will bring you in person where you talk more about your technical experience and convey to them how this will make OWN a better company. They will match your past with the company's present outlook to see if there's a match. If so, they will get to the technical part which is a physical test to see if you know your craft.

They will compare your answers with other candidates to make a formed decision. Hiring process took two weeks.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Oprah Winfrey Network in January 2010.

Interview process was pretty quick, there was a programming test to take, mostly Perl and SQL questions with a few gotchas. People are nice, work culture is odd, they try to give the impression of being one of those "hip, cool" companies, but it's really it's business as usual.

Marketing Interview

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Oprah Winfrey Network in May 2009.

Was asked to come in five separate times to meet with five different people. I felt this showed little respect for my time, and a general lack of efficiency on their part. After these five interviews, I got a templated non-personal email letting me know they had decided to hire someone else. I found the whole experience kind of unorganized.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to put tougher a draft on some website changes I would make.   View Answer
    • They had their HR person quiz me on terminology i.e. what is a 404 re-direct, what is a CRM.   Answer Question