Optaros

Optaros Interview Questions

Senior Java Dev Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Optaros in March 2014.

Applied online and was contacted by one the recruiter. Recruiter spoke on skype and scheduled a phone interview with one of the team members in TX. Was screened on multiple java questions based on collections,multithreading, soap and std java concepts. Phone interview went very well. Was called for an onsite. It was 4h rs long processes. Spoke with director, manager, group manager, macys account manager and finally dev team members.

Interview Questions
    • how to merge two diff arrays into one.
      BFS algo.
      home work problem: Famous Kevin Bacon depth problem.

Answer Question

Operations Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Optaros in July 2012.

Contacted by a couple of different recruiters. Initially didn't pursue due to Amazon Web Services requirement and large-scale environment background. Worked with local recruiter that was able to get them to ease the firm AWS requirement. They moved forward with the interview process and conducted a phone 'technical screening' and then I was brought in for an in-person interview. The culture seemed very open and the people were energetic. The on-site interview consisted of four individual 45-minute interviews, including a Sr developer, project manager, global manager for the role, and a support project manager. All four individual interviews seemed to go well, however, although it was not addressed in the interviews, my lack of large scale systems was my ultimate downfall. The recruiter I was working with let me know that they decided to pass. Said that it was a great cultural fit, but that they want someone with large scale systems experience.

Interview Questions
    • What command can you run to see what is taking up most of your I/O?   View Answer
    • What command shows you the currently running queries in MySQL?   Answer Question
    • Who was your worst manager and why?   Answer Question

Software (Web Front End) Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

The process took a dayinterviewed at Optaros in October 2011.

It was on-campus interview at our college. 1 hour long...30 mins each for each member. First guy went over my resume. What kind of projects i have done? What kinda technologies I have used? What were the most interesting ones? Basically he was a UI designer guy, so in no position to ask technical questions- and he told me upfront. Good guy. The second guy was weird. Like he asked me a little bit about my resume. My projects. What I have done etc etc. Some technical trivia questions. Pretty generic ones like if you have been interviewing then you can answer. Then he asked me a brain teaser. At that moment i was like is this really happening. Long story short, i dint get answer to that teaser. However, i did mention a secondary solution which he completely ignored when i was explaining to him. And at the end he was like oh btw there's a secondary solution too-which was what i said earlier! Also, it was more of a like math problem than a brain teaser. I Google-ed it when i came back.

They never contacted me back. If they are pursuing me for next rounds or thankyou bye bye. HR people suck bigtime when it comes to this.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Optaros in September 2008.

Professional and Efficient

Another offer

Senior Developer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Optaros.

There is a prescreening interview which can be over the phone or in place, which takes about an hour. The prescreening contains a test with technical questions.
    If the test goes ok, a second round of interviews occurs, which lasts about 4 hours, with different people, talking about your background, technical skills and motivation.

Interview Questions
    • A question regarding creating a query parser for SOLR, in order to make it understand certain types of queries   Answer Question