OptiMedica

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at OptiMedica in July 2012.

Interview Details – My resume went to the HR rep through a networking event I attended. There was no phone interview.

Interviewed with six people (each was 1:1) on the same day: hiring manager, Director of Operations, design engineer, H.R. rep., R&D engineer (who was moving out of the ME role), VP of Operations. It was to be a "360 degree interview". They use a lot of situational interviewing, i.e.: "tell me about a time when you...". Their philosophy of hiring is "past performance is the best indicator of future performance", that is a quote from the HR rep. The HR Rep. did an excellent job of coaching me on what to expect in the interview. He wanted it to be a level playing field, so I could interview them as much as they were interviewing me. I had half an hour with each person except the last two who had 45 min. each.

Interview Question – They asked about my experience in two area that I had no experience in.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for OptiMedica? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at OptiMedica interview questions and advice in Sunnyvale, CA. All interview reviews posted anonymously by OptiMedica employees and interview candidates.