Optimal Solutions Group, LLC

Optimal Solutions Group, LLC Research Analyst Interview Questions

2.7

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Optimal Solutions Group, LLC in May 2014.

This company's reviews are quite bad but I applied anyway. General take-away: very disjointed process.

Applied for the position through email and was contacted a couple of days later by a secretary. I interviewed over the phone a week later with some researchers. They were very polite and we had good conversation about my skills and what I could bring to the company. As individuals, they were very professional. Mostly discussed research experience and how I work in a team.

The next step was to talk to the company's CEO. I was then contacted by a completely different researcher who was scheduling the interview on behalf of the CEO. We had a phone conversation, where he was mostly looking for cultural fit. He wasn't that social and I didn't get a good vibe from him. He contradicted the researchers I spoke with previously and was quick to downplay some of the benefits they had mentioned.

He then asked me to fill out a very long and detailed application and send it to the HR manager, who would then pass it on to more senior researchers in the company. The application was a little unorganized and completely unnecessary given that I'd already gone through two interview rounds. The application just asked for the same information that was in my resume.

As you can see, multiple people involved in the process, most not from HR/recruiting and a different point of contact as you progress. I didn't follow up and never heard back.

Other Interview Reviews for Optimal Solutions Group, LLC

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Optimal Solutions Group, LLC.

The interviewing process beginning with the receptionist and human resource director very organized. The remaining process can become very blurry.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were not impressive...The most difficult question was probably about work experience dated 10 years ago.   Answer Question
    Optimal Solutions proposed a salary and I accepted. The salary was fair.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Optimal Solutions Group, LLC in March 2013.

Phone call , rhen in person in 1 week.

Interview Questions
    • When will yoiu go bavk for a master's degree   View Answer
    Gave me what I asked. Really quickly, in hind sight it was out of desperation, , as staff leave. Very quickly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Optimal Solutions Group, LLC in January 2013.

After about two weeks after applying to a research position at Optimal, I got an email from HR that they are interested in scheduling a job interview with me. I went to the interview, it was great. It was basically about my experience and education, they explained very well what their company does and what the job is about. I thought the interview went well. But, after a couple of weeks, I sent two email to HR, with NO ANSWER. That's unprofessional. How could you ignore email from people? At least he could say: Sorry, you didn't get the job! I think this why this company has bad reviews! Not worth going for an interview!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Optimal Solutions Group, LLC in September 2010.

The process doesn't matter. I wont' bore you with it. Just don't work here. Save your energy and time. Don't bother. Say anything you want if you ARE desperate enough though, as THEY are desperate to hire and USE UP new grads and toss em out once they're dry.

Research Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Optimal Solutions Group, LLC in May 2012.

Despite reading the negative reviews, I applied online for a Research Analyst position. I was contacted soon after submitting my resume to set up a first round phone interview. The phone interview had standard questions and they wanted to know what Research Center I would be most interested in. The individuals that I spoke to told me that I could expect to hear back within 2 weeks to find out whether I qualified to come to the office for a final in-person interview. After waiting more than 2 weeks, I still hadn't heard anything, so I contacted them. Never received a response. I waited another 2 weeks and sent a second follow-up email. Nothing. Obviously I'm not surprised, but I would have appreciated the courtesy of just being notified either way about the outcome.

Update: More than 8 weeks after my phone interview, I finally received a generic email saying they had filled the position with another candidate.

Research Analyst Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Optimal Solutions Group, LLC in October 2010.

The interviewer was really nice, and we touched upon professional interest from working in a specified environment to a broader consulting. We clicked well. Then she sent me some test cases to work on. One week after I submiited my test case, I received an offer.

just ask nicely and state your strength to do the work