Optimizely Interview Questions

Updated Jul 17, 2015

3.2

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Optimizely.

Interview

First interview with the hiring manager, Monica. She asks some tough questions about yourself and why you are interested in pursuing sales. Once you make it past Monica, you review with the SDR manager. The manager asks you a series of REALLY tough questions, ranging from a 30 second sales pitch to tough questions loved by the Paypal crew like 'what's something you believe in that few people agree with'. After the interview with the SDR manager, you move on to another round with more senior leaders in your office, and then a final in person interview.

Interview Questions

Interview

one screening call, one call with sales manager, four thirty min interviews with Sales employees. Friendly and helpful interviewers and the recruiting team were active throughout the process. Come prepared with questions and knowledge on product and offerings. Enthusiasm, passion and proven track record of success goes a long way.

Interview Questions

• Why Optimizely? What do you consider the most innovative product on the market?   Answer Question

SDR Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Optimizely (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The process was very messy. I could tell they were very excited about me and they pushed me through the process quickly to a final onsite interview. At the onsite, 2 out of the 4 interviewers they had scheduled were replaced. This shows poorly on the recruiting/scheduling team. They all asked me to give an elevator pitch of the company as soon as they walked into the room. That is fine, but it's like, uh, say hi and ask me something before just saying "let me hear your pitch." It felt very impersonal overall and I could tell they didn't really care to get to know me, they just wanted to get through their questions. You could also tell they didn't have a very good training program, because they were so focused on what "technical" sales tools I've worked with and asked very few questions about my actual sales experience and reasons I'd been hitting my goals.

Interview Questions

• One interviewer took a bracelet off and told me to sell it to him.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Optimizely (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied via recruiting event. Scheduled 1-hour technical interview via phone screen. The interviewer was really nice and patiently walked me through areas of the problem where I got stuck. It was about 15 mins of chit chat/background, 30-45 mins of one coding challenge done via shared coding pad, and 15 mins of questions for the interviewer. Received feedback the following week.

Interview Questions

• Write a program that takes in a mathematical expression as a string and calculates the answer to account for order of operations.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Optimizely.

Interview

Standard interview process. Phone interview with technical recruiter -> phone interview with an engineer -> onsites. I was really disappointed with my interview with Optimizely. I had an technical phone interview with an engineer who was a bit rude when asking about my background and when I was attempting to answer his question. The question itself was easy, but it was extremely difficult to understand him. We had a number of communication issues during the interview that were very frustrating. When I was given a chance to ask him question during the final 5 minutes of the interview, he would either not answer the questions I had for him or give me a one sentence answer. It was definitely a far cry from all other engineers I've spoken to during interviews who love to talk about their work and the environment. It was clear the guy just wanted to get off the phone.

Interview Questions

• One easy question. You can probably find it online, but it tests your coding abilities rather than ds/algo knowledge.   Answer Question

Online Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Optimizely (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I had a one hour phone interview with a rather simple problem of finding words out of a string .I was able to deliver a solution but not the solution.Great interviewer and nice experience .I wish all interviews could be non overwhelming kind and encouraging like this one .I'm a fast coder when I'm used to an environment or problem . I clearly could do the work .Interviewer offered alternatives and a problem of the right size i.e. something that can be completed in an hour unlike other companies .

Interview Questions

• /* Your previous Plain Text content is preserved below: comebacktogether come back together come back to get her function input: string without spaces output: best string with spaces boolean isWord(string) Example: input: comebacktogether output: come back together */   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Optimizely in February 2015.

Interview

Referred by a friend, 2 phone interviews, then a video interview with 4 different people. All around a great experience even though I didn't get an offer. Everyone was very nice/smart/helpful, and even when they told me I didn't get the position they were very polite and supportive. Be familiar with the product, do lots of research (they will ask you about it) and be enthusiastic!

Interview Questions

• The last final round interview was kind of a reverse interview, so have lots of questions prepared.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Optimizely (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

It was a long interview process that focused on my performance as an individual, what motivates me, my ability to be a team player, and my sales skills. Unlike other companies that just want to see if you're an athlete to find if you're a team player, Optimizely focused on me as a person rather than my background. For this, it made me respect the entire process.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Optimizely (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process was amazing here at Optimizely. The recruiting team was prompt, helped me prepare and was extremely transparent in all of their dealings. I would absolutely recommend going through the process if there is any interest. They were respectful of my time and would work around my schedule to the best of their ability. Two thumbs up for the process, the recruitment process was a complete value add to the whole process!

Director Corp Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Optimizely (San Francisco, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Only had one phone screen with recruiter and one onsite interview with hiring manager. I have to give their recruiter Julia big kudos. I've been chatting with many companies lately, and the quality of the recruiters leaves something to be desired. Further, they will often leave you hanging, not respond, or not tell you the position has been filled until you several weeks later assume it has, or email them to ask. She was always courteous of my time, important when working with more senior folks, and followed up to let me know they were pursuing other folks. Thumbs up and nice job recruiting team.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary, it was just the initial screens. What you would expect   Answer Question