Optiver Interview Questions

Updated Sep 13, 2014
Updated Sep 13, 2014

3.4

Trader Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Optiver in September 2014.

I applied on school career service website and the HR contact me in a week and send me a link to do the math test for 8 mins. it was 80 easy calculation questions but need to be quick and accurate. I only finished 65 I remember and I know one of them is wrong. Then I get a email from HR and set up time for phone interview. The interview was about experience and behavior questions.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked why I choose to be a trader, why choose my university, why I choose my major, advantages and disadvantages, etc. I am waiting to be contacted for second interview.   Answer Question

Junior Trader Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Optiver.

Get a phone interview through campus career fair (calculate simple math questions, I think acceptance is based on correctness and efficiency, this part is not hard), the phone interview asked about behavior questions like why do you want to be a trader, how do you know our company, what books do you read, etc.

Trader Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Optiver.

Optiver was very professional and quick getting back to me. They usually told me my feedback the next day, and I was extremely impressed when they brought me into the office. Best team I have met during the recruiting process

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Optiver in March 2014.

I applied on the website - 2 weeks later do a math assessment and after a week got a behavioral interview. A week was the trader interview.

Round 1 - Math Assessment - 80 simple math questions in 8 minutes
    Round 2 - Behavioral phone interview - fairly easy, competency based and basic fits questions
    Round 3 - Trader Interview - brainteasers/logic questions - all technical based

Didnt move on after third round

Interview Questions
    • math assessment you should practice on mental math. its simple addition/subtraction and multiply/division but you have to be quiet at solving the problem. - you should be able to score at around 55 out of 80 to move on.
      trader interview -review probability and stats and practice on brainteasers
        Answer Question

Trader Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Optiver in April 2014.

Applied through university and the process took about 3 weeks. They sent a link for a math assessment. 8 minutes for 80 multiple choice questions no calculator. It was hard due to the scoring system and time limit. They said they will reply whether you made it through the pre- screening or not , but i havent heard back yet.

Traderr Interview

80 questions and get 78 correct

Junior Trader Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Optiver in February 2014.

First online numeric test. not difficult but need speed and accuracy. First round phone behavior interview, talked with an HR, all resume based, question usually started with "why". didn't go through any previous internship experience. But got denied after two days with an email.

Interview Questions
    • nothing unexpected. really basic behavior interview. But I'm not sure if they have any special tastes.   Answer Question

Trader Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Optiver.

Got to do a math test first. 80 questions in 8 mins. Then got a behavioral interview first. Asked some questions like why your major, why this company blablabla.

Trader Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Optiver.

First round is online test. Most are simple calculation questions. Second round is behavior questions.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing very special. Just common behavior questions. Why trader? Why optiver? HR is nice.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Optiver.

Took an online math test (8 min 80 questions). Passed that and took a behavioral phone interview the following week. They passed me and asked to do a technical phone interview later that week. Invited me downtown to take some more tests. Did not pass all the tests so I could not do my on site interviews.

Interview Questions
    • For the technical phone interview, know your fractions really well. They also asked me to make a market on the population of Dallas.   Answer Question

Worked for Optiver? Contribute to the Community!