Optus

15 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Optus.

Interview Details – Organized and professional environment

Interview Question – Asked for technical ideas to gauge tech know-how   Answer Question

Technical Support Consultant Interview

Technical Support Consultant
Adelaide (Australia)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Optus in June 2014.

Interview Details – The initial round of interview was a telephonic one. Basic questions were asked as below:
1.Why OPTUS?
2. Please give me brief background of your previous role ? ( This is basically to check for communication skills)
3.What are the 2 key qualities to perform this role?

Once you clear the above telephonic interview , you are invited to an assessment centre the following week.
The assessment centre starts with a brief introduction of each participant , we were also asked to tell what is the one thing that we do that know one else in the room knows.
Then we had a brief presentation of the company. Followed by 2 team activities. Finally you have the personal interview. All telephonic interview questions were repeated. Followed by competency questions like - tell me about an instance where you have gone out of the way to resolve a customer issue. Tell me about an instance where you resolved a very complex customer case. How did you resolve a technical related issue in your past experience

Interview Question – tell me about an instance where you have gone out of the way to resolve a customer issue. Tell me about an instance where you resolved a very complex customer case. How did you resolve a technical related issue in your past experience   View Answer

Senior Engineer Interview

Senior Engineer
Sydney (Australia)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Optus.

Interview Details – Internal recruiting organise for Seek advertising. Agency short lists those applying, pnly the short list goes through to the Manager. It is a tedious process. SOme involve: a telephone interview, a practical test, a meeting with the Manager plus a team member.

Interview Question – Weak points, alot of technical questions for the role - expect you to have had experience in the role.   Answer Question

Network Engineer Interview

Network Engineer

I applied in-person - interviewed at Optus in July 2010.

Interview Details – I was already a contract after two round interview with agent and the group leader. Then I applied this permanent role when my contrac nearly finished. It was a technical interview with two group leaders, which turned well.

Interview Question – Difference between traditional voice products and VoIP.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Melbourne (Australia)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Optus in December 2012.

Interview Details – Very easy, traditional resume will do. You will receive a call and set an appointment time. Then, in your interview you will outline why you are suitable for the role. It is very important to highlight your experience however if you don't have any then keep your answers short and clear.
Communication is vital and knowing your main point will show that you are capable of effective sales person who represents the Optus front end.

Not that hard really.

Interview Question – Angry customers whom seek revenge on the store/staff/company, threaten to leave… threaten to inflict violence on staff.. angry at Optus' warranty turnaround time.. angry at Optus' bureaucratic way of handling refunds/breaking contracts/faulty product.
All of the above are day to day <---- this is what you get paid to do that is the job - dealing with satisfied AND Dissatisfied ones. That is what retail is.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much available to negotiate. However important to negotiate a higher starting wage from the beginning.

Very Easy Interview

Sales Interview

Sales
Melbourne (Australia)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Optus in March 2012.

Interview Details – Headhunter contacted. Then three interviews

Interview Question – Asked to identify the Optus Business Go to Market strategy - not clear and said so.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Fast and straight forwards- they knew I had other offers

Systems Analyst Interview

Systems Analyst
North Sydney (Australia)

I applied in-person and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Optus in April 2010.

Interview Details – Multiple face to face interviews, some over coffee, first on site with hr and hiring manager, the rest with the hiring manager.

Interview Question – Nothing unusual , what do I want to do in 5 years time   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Told them what I wanted and they went with that

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Sydney (Australia)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Optus in September 2010.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter not knowing this was who I'd be working for. I was then invited to a group assessment. This involved an introduction of yourself, and who you would like to meet. You then had to go in to a room and wait for a phone call and go through a mock customer enquiry. Those that got through this successfully then had an interview.

Interview Question – There honestly weren't any truly difficult questions. It was all relatively straightforward.   Answer Question

Technical Specialist Interview

Technical Specialist

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Optus.

Interview Details – Joined as a contractor, worked for nearly 02 years... Interview was simple with the hiring manager. Discussed about my previous role, job responsibilities other topics based on resume. everything went well, and within interview hiring manager gave indication of positive outcome... got the confirmation from agent next day

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager
Sydney (Australia)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Optus in January 2009.

Interview Details – There are usually 3 interviews depending on the department. There should be an initial HR interview, an interview with the hiring leader and another leader at the same level and the final interview is with the 2nd level manager and the hiring manager.

Interview Question – They usually would explain a scenario about what's happening in the business and ask you to come up with a strategy and a solution. What you would do, how you would approach it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Optus is an extremely professional organisation. The negotiation phase was fine, they are accommodating as long as you make a valuable business case and be professional.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Optus? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Optus interview questions and advice. All 15 interview reviews posted anonymously by Optus employees and interview candidates.