Optus Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015

2.8

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Optus.

Interview

Organized and professional environment

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in City of Parramatta (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Optus (City of Parramatta (Australia)) in April 2015.

Interview

Taken at a Parramatta store (at Church St), Dressed up for the occasion - first time going for an interview for a sales job so I was a little nervous, fortunately most of the questions were pretty basic. Can't say I've got the job, the area manager decided to trial me for 1 day to decide if I'll continue (so fingers crossed).

Retail Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Optus.

Interview

Applied online through SEEK > Online application via the Optus website. This was followed by a phone interview which took 20 minutes. 2 weeks later I was invited to a group interview at Optus HQ (Macquarie park)

Interview Questions

• All general questions asked including previous unemployment, why are you interested in this position? etc.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Optus.

Interview

Really quick response and high enthusiasm from the recruitment staff. Friendly staff during the interview process that were very open and happy to answer questions about the company and direction of the job position. There seemed to be a disconnect between internal staff over what the role would be doing, each interviewer had a different view of what the role consisted of.

Interview Questions

• Consisted of three interviews, preliminary over the phone, one in person and a second technical interview. General situational questions about how you would act/perform under certain circumstances. Last interview involved checking your technical knowledge, questions were pretty broad and pretty basic.   Answer Question

Process Improvement Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Optus (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

Brief phone interview followed by 1:1 with hiring manager. The latter lasted approx 1 hr. Was told I would be notified of outcome within a few days....that was back in August!

Interview Questions

• Pretty much my first question was "how comfortable are you with performance managing difficult staff" Warning bells started ringing!!   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Interview

SIngle stage interview - technical plus behavioural. it took 6 weeks for them to confirm the outcome and offer letter. The interview is really straight forward and questions are asked around the resume.

Interview Questions

• How will you conquer a work situation where there is limited time and multiple urgent projects need attention   Answer Question

Implementation Contact Centre Technical LEad Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Optus (Melbourne (Australia)) in October 2014.

Interview

Introduction to the role was via a head-hunter. The initial company interview was with the Human Resources recruiter. Afterwards, there were 6 phone interviews each lasting more than 1hr with senior leadership and technical management over a period of 7 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Can you wait while we find funding for the position we want to hire you for?   2 Answers

The offer/counter-offer experience reminded me of dealing with used-car sales associates. There was no atmosphere of honesty or commitment to a long-term relatiohship.

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Optus (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

Internal recruiting organise for Seek advertising. Agency short lists those applying, pnly the short list goes through to the Manager. It is a tedious process. SOme involve: a telephone interview, a practical test, a meeting with the Manager plus a team member.

Interview Questions

• Weak points, alot of technical questions for the role - expect you to have had experience in the role.   Answer Question

Technical Support Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Adelaide (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Optus (Adelaide (Australia)) in June 2014.

Interview

The initial round of interview was a telephonic one. Basic questions were asked as below:
    1.Why OPTUS?
    2. Please give me brief background of your previous role ? ( This is basically to check for communication skills)
    3.What are the 2 key qualities to perform this role?

Once you clear the above telephonic interview , you are invited to an assessment centre the following week.
    The assessment centre starts with a brief introduction of each participant , we were also asked to tell what is the one thing that we do that know one else in the room knows.
    Then we had a brief presentation of the company. Followed by 2 team activities. Finally you have the personal interview. All telephonic interview questions were repeated. Followed by competency questions like - tell me about an instance where you have gone out of the way to resolve a customer issue. Tell me about an instance where you resolved a very complex customer case. How did you resolve a technical related issue in your past experience

Interview Questions

• tell me about an instance where you have gone out of the way to resolve a customer issue. Tell me about an instance where you resolved a very complex customer case. How did you resolve a technical related issue in your past experience   1 Answer

Retail Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Optus (Perth, Western Australia (Australia)) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied online, was called for a short phone interview, invited to head office for an interview with 2 people, then they sent me to the store to meet the store manager and have another interview.
    They gave me the job and from that moment everything seemed fishy. No contracts were signed, no details taken no ID checked, nothing. By the third day I did not want anything to do with the company. The store manager was useless at training and I had to ask the other employees for constant help because of the lack of general training and advice. I had asked about how I will be getting paid if they don't have any of my details and how they are even logging that I am working there? She said to write my bank details and leave them on her desk, they sat there for 3 days for anyone to see!!! The store manager was ridiculously horrible and should not be allowed to train people, I was never paid and the girl from head office that I had to deal with was the most unprofessional, unhelpful "HR" person I've encountered in my entire life. They will screw you over big time.

Interview Questions

• Usual questions about my previous job, where I want to be in 5 years, why this job etc   Answer Question