Oracle Account Executive Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

2.9

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

The interactions between recruiters and management was shaky at best. Most of the follow up was done on my part. My offer letter was delayed by 3 weeks because it was caught up in some internal approval process.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Oracle

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Orange, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Recruiter will call and screen candidate followed by a call with hiring mgr. face to face interview is next followed either by a call or mtg with regional vice pres. Process takes over a month.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving and what was your earnings for past few years.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Orlando, FL) in June 2011.

Interview

This was an internal interview for a new position. I prepared a 15 page Powerpoint presentation and presented it to a group of VP, Senior Director and Director level staff via web presentation. I was allowed 20 minutes to review my Powerpoint to introduce myself. This was followed by a 30 minute Q&A session in which the panel asked me a variety of situational questions to understand how I would handle conflict, ambiguity and unreasonable customer demands. These two sections followed a short introduction section and we closed with a very short open Q&A. There was a follow-up discussion with one of the Senior Directors to address any followup questions I had. The interview was very structured and was via remote session. So, I did not have an opportunity to read any of the individual panel members. They simply graded my responses to their questions.

Negotiation

There was not truly a negotiation. However, my presentation included a section to describe the reason I had applied and what I hoped to gain from the position (after a slide describing what they would get by having me on the team). In this slide, I was honest and open about what I wanted and why I wanted that. They noted my honesty and openness and appreciated it. I believe my honesty and understanding of the inner-workings of the organization were key factors in their selecting me from 36 other candidates.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

It was a long hiring process. The interviews were thorough, met with different managers and peers. It also included a presentation on a given product in front of a panel. Overall good experience except the approval process can take between 2 weeks to months depending on the priority of the job.

Interview Questions

• different questions about my sales approach, past experiences?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Charlotte, NC) in July 2010.

Interview

Several phone interviews took place followed by a face-to-face interview. All interviews were positive. This was followed by NO follow-up from hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was unusual question wise during interview process.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (San Francisco, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

A series of on-site interviews with hiring managers. The internal recruiters are on top of their game bringing in top candidates as Oracle is constantly hiring. It's important to develop relationships with these recruiters as much as with the hiring managers. One hiring manager was about to leave for another company, delaying the process, but the hiring manager put things back on track. My offer was communicated as a voicemail a week after my last interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about our sales organization.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Oracles negotiation is internal, abstracted away from the candidate.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in February 2015.

Interview

phone interview then followed by another phone nterveiw followed by another interview, 6 rounds of presentations and lots more chats and calls and meetings and coffees. It was a very long process but it was worth it in the end

Interview Questions

• what are your current targets   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Oracle (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in January 2015.

Interview

It was very straight forward, short and pleasant. The recruiters are very positive and supported me to be prepared for the interview. Because of the amazing support from both recruiters, I was relaxed and confident before and during the interview.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in April 2014.

Interview

They sent me an In-mail and I had a first interview with recruiter. After that she said that she would follow up and put me in contact with the sales manager, but after 3 weeks and many emails I had absolutely no answer and no feedback. I would have expect at least a feedback it was very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• It was a good interview, about my previous experiences and my expectation for salary and position   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter to answer basic questions Phone interview with manager, they will ask more in depth questions 4 person panel interview with Regional Mangers. You will interview with 4 different people. Each asks their own questions but some of them are the same and you find yourself answering the same question over and over Presentation in front of regional managers and director, VP may also be there

Interview Questions

• After presentation you will be asked questions from out of left field. They want to see how you respond under pressure or handle tough situations.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Little room for negotiation, pretty set on what they will offer