Oracle Account Executive Interview Questions & Reviews

2.9

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Oracle in February 2010.

A series of on-site interviews with hiring managers. The internal recruiters are on top of their game bringing in top candidates as Oracle is constantly hiring. It's important to develop relationships with these recruiters as much as with the hiring managers. One hiring manager was about to leave for another company, delaying the process, but the hiring manager put things back on track. My offer was communicated as a voicemail a week after my last interview.

Interview Questions
Oracles negotiation is internal, abstracted away from the candidate.

Other Interview Reviews for Oracle

Account Executive Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Oracle.

The interactions between recruiters and management was shaky at best. Most of the follow up was done on my part. My offer letter was delayed by 3 weeks because it was caught up in some internal approval process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orange, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in May 2013.

Recruiter will call and screen candidate followed by a call with hiring mgr. face to face interview is next followed either by a call or mtg with regional vice pres. Process takes over a month.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you leaving and what was your earnings for past few years.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in June 2011.

This was an internal interview for a new position. I prepared a 15 page Powerpoint presentation and presented it to a group of VP, Senior Director and Director level staff via web presentation. I was allowed 20 minutes to review my Powerpoint to introduce myself. This was followed by a 30 minute Q&A session in which the panel asked me a variety of situational questions to understand how I would handle conflict, ambiguity and unreasonable customer demands. These two sections followed a short introduction section and we closed with a very short open Q&A. There was a follow-up discussion with one of the Senior Directors to address any followup questions I had.

The interview was very structured and was via remote session. So, I did not have an opportunity to read any of the individual panel members. They simply graded my responses to their questions.

There was not truly a negotiation. However, my presentation included a section to describe the reason I had applied and what I hoped to gain from the position (after a slide describing what they would get by having me on the team). In this slide, I was honest and open about what I wanted and why I wanted that. They noted my honesty and openness and appreciated it. I believe my honesty and understanding of the inner-workings of the organization were key factors in their selecting me from 36 other candidates.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in March 2011.

It was a long hiring process. The interviews were thorough, met with different managers and peers. It also included a presentation on a given product in front of a panel. Overall good experience except the approval process can take between 2 weeks to months depending on the priority of the job.

Interview Questions
    • different questions about my sales approach, past experiences?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle in July 2010.

Several phone interviews took place followed by a face-to-face interview. All interviews were positive.
    This was followed by NO follow-up from hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was unusual question wise during interview process.   View Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in April 2014.

They sent me an In-mail and I had a first interview with recruiter. After that she said that she would follow up and put me in contact with the sales manager, but after 3 weeks and many emails I had absolutely no answer and no feedback. I would have expect at least a feedback it was very unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • It was a good interview, about my previous experiences and my expectation for salary and position   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Amsterdam (Netherlands)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle in March 2013.

Recruiter contacts you -> Chats with you multiple times and answers questions.
    You at some point are invited for an interview with managers or the Hiring manager.
    They have no real setup for the interview process.
    If you're past that they get approval in the States. It can take weeks. Took 4 weeks almost for me. If that's through you get a contract and you return it signed. That's it.

The onboarding was a disaster. My manager was totally incapable of managing this many people and so I didn't even have a 1-2-1 for the first 2 months.. The training however is great, but it doens't prepare you for the miasma of systems that oracle uses. Procedures, Procedures and more procedures... and systems...

I felt 'cheated' after I started work. I'd spoken with Recruitment and told them what I wanted. They told me that it wouldn't be all I wanted, but that I'd get a chance to at least do that as part of my job. I couldn't it was everything I didn't want in a job.

In all honesty I feel the recruiter didn't try to make sure I wanted this job or to make sure I was the right candidate. They just needed to score their target as everyone at Oracle does.

Although this move has been THE BEST I ever made for my career and I'll never regret it. It wasn't at all what I envisioned or hoped for. Big part of that is mismanagement of my expectations during the Hiring process and unboarding.

Interview Questions
    They pretended there was no negotiation. They brought all the benefits and the salary like it was set in stone, leaving no room for negotiation.

Account Executive Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 5 months - interviewed at Oracle in January 2010.

I went through a process of 5 interviews.Professional people well organized.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult part of your last two jobs?”   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Oracle.

Phone interview with recruiter to answer basic questions
    Phone interview with manager, they will ask more in depth questions
    4 person panel interview with Regional Mangers. You will interview with 4 different people. Each asks their own questions but some of them are the same and you find yourself answering the same question over and over
    Presentation in front of regional managers and director, VP may also be there

Interview Questions
    • After presentation you will be asked questions from out of left field. They want to see how you respond under pressure or handle tough situations.   Answer Question
    Little room for negotiation, pretty set on what they will offer

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!