Oracle

Getting the Interview

33 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Applications Developer Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle in August 2012.

Interview Details – It was ok

Interview Question – Tell us about time when you went above and beyond to facilitate on time project delivery   Answer Question

Applications Developer Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – Got th interview cal through college recruitment process. And had three rounds of interview on the same day.

Interview Question – Mostly algorithms and few quiz questions followed by questions on resume and C++. Finally an HR round   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not negotiable

Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Oracle in February 2011.

Interview Details – I was a college hire. They picked up my resume during a career conference. The HR sent me a list of groups who were interested in my resume and I was asked to select the groups I wanted to interview with. I was then flown to HQ and met up with the respective group heads and accepted an offer.

Interview Question – Not a very technical interview. General discussions on past work and experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Oracle in August 2012.

Interview Details – I am a campus hire. This was 5 stage process.
First stage was online written examination. It consisted of 4 different sections(English, Quant,Basic programming and advanced programming). Level of question was low to high..
But with a little reasoning these could be solved.
Next there were 3 rounds of technical interviews. Candidates were rejected after eah round of interview. Finally there was a hr round. Result was given within one hour.

Interview Question – Almost all the questions were new and related to design time. But they knew we are not experienced so were expecting algorithmic approach.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I wanted to start my career in a company well established where i can stay for some time without any pressure and think about my future.

Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Oracle in August 2013.

Interview Details – I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Oracle in August 2013

Interview Question – Nothing. If you have collections experience. You can easily crack it. Though you will be bombarded with Lot of scenarios however since Oracle has lot of favoritism that goes on you might be selected within 15 mins or you might not be selected even after 2 rounds. So, it all depends on the Luck & the interviewer who takes you interview!!   Answer Question

Hyderābād (India)

I applied online and interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – Applied online

Interview Question – I really prepared well in java covering core,servlet,jsp,struts,spring,hibernate,jsf,build tools etc but questions they asked reverse a string !!   View Answers (2)

Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Oracle in September 2012.

Interview Details – interview majorly consistes of riddles and tricks in initial rounds plus moderately difficult programming questions in later rounds. Overall knowledge of C, C++ or java(preferred) is checked. data structures concepts etc.
Knowledge of OS is a plus.

Interview Question – code for converting binary search tree into doubly linked list.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Got selected in other company

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle in April 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring is done pretty well although it is a lengthy process. One should negotiate better because bonus and hikes are meager

Interview Question – real time scenarios   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate. Big mistake.

Hyderābād (India)

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – All rounds were telephonic, with last one being a video conference. There were total six or seven rounds. All rounds were technical. The negotiation was done on last round. The negotiation was hard and was based on then current company's salary. They were ready to give a hike of only 50-70%.

Interview Question – All were pretty straight forward questions, related to programming and puzzles.   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in December 2013.

Interview Details – There will be a online test, upon clearing that- will be attending 2/3 F2F techinical rounds.

i am sharing the questions that were asked to me .

hibernate / Core JAVA hibernate / Core JAVA hibernate / Core JAVA hibernate / Core JAVA hibernate / Core JAVA hibernate / Core JAVA hibernate / Core JAVA hibernate / Core JAVA hibernate / Core JAVA hibernate / Core JAVA hibernate / Core JAVA hibernate / Core JAVA hibernate / Core JAVA hibernate / Core JAVA hibernate / Core JAVA hibernate / Core JAVA hibernate / Core

Interview Questions

• can you find the fastest train from bangalore to chennai out of some list of trains?
     Interviewer asked to me choose any approach (hibernate /sql)
      View Answer
  • Write a object onto file using serailization, Had to write the code.   View Answer
  • architecture of my application.
    6) lazy loading.
    7) which is the primary key in the below table - u prefer?
    Village no shop no
      100 1
      100 2
      101 1
      101 2

8) how do u declare composite key in hibernate?

8)what is the difference between interface /abstractio(when do u use them).
    9) which is more better approach (inf / abstrract)
    10)what are Design patterns u know ?
    11)String literal pool -

String A="R";
        A=A+"P";
    What happens to string "R"(first initialization) -

12)public jre / private jre.
    13)new features in 1.7 (only 1.7)
    14)concurrent package.
    15)Difference between ReEntrant lock and synchronized block.
    16)any issues in project? - how u handeled?
    17) how did u find which class has memory issue?
    18)Why Map interface ?
    19) sort Arralist od strings.
    20) equals and hashcode?
    21) comaparator's compare method does the comaprision on what objects? (ob1 and ob2???)
    22)difference between session.get() and session.load()
    23)Name the classes you have written in your project.

24) String A="ORACLE Financial Services"
            String B = "ORACLE";
    find B in String A?

25) customized Exception? - have you written any?

26) can a abstract class be final?

27) why /what /how multithreading ?
      View Answer
  • how to run thread 1,thread 2, thread3 one after the other   View Answer
  • Proxy Object in Hibernate?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Oracle

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Oracle Applications Developer interview questions and advice. All 33 interview reviews posted anonymously by Oracle employees and interview candidates.