Oracle Applications Developer Interview Questions

Updated Oct 3, 2014

3.1

36 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Applications Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Oracle.

Got th interview cal through college recruitment process. And had three rounds of interview on the same day.

Interview Questions
  • Mostly algorithms and few quiz questions followed by questions on resume and C++. Finally an HR round   Answer Question
Not negotiable

Other Interview Reviews for Oracle

Applications Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle in August 2012.

It was ok

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about time when you went above and beyond to facilitate on time project delivery   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Oracle in February 2011.

I was a college hire. They picked up my resume during a career conference. The HR sent me a list of groups who were interested in my resume and I was asked to select the groups I wanted to interview with. I was then flown to HQ and met up with the respective group heads and accepted an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Not a very technical interview. General discussions on past work and experience.   Answer Question
    No negotiations

Applications Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Oracle.

Oracle came to our college for campus recruitments.
    The whole interview process consisted of four rounds.
    #1. was an online MCQ round. It had four sections : Aptitude,verbal, logical and technical.
    The remaining three rounds were PI's. Two technical and one HR.
    The technical questions were mostly on Java and DBMS.
    IMPORTANT CONCEPTS :
    Multi-threading and synchronisation
    Strings
    Serialisability and
    Collection classes .
    SQL queries.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were pretty simple mostly on basics .
      I felt few of SQL queries asked , were bit difficult.
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied online – interviewed at Oracle.

Applied online

Interview Questions
    • I really prepared well in java covering core,servlet,jsp,struts,spring,hibernate,jsf,build tools etc but questions they asked reverse a string !!   View Answers (2)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Oracle.

All rounds were telephonic, with last one being a video conference. There were total six or seven rounds. All rounds were technical. The negotiation was done on last round. The negotiation was hard and was based on then current company's salary. They were ready to give a hike of only 50-70%.

Interview Questions
    • All were pretty straight forward questions, related to programming and puzzles.   Answer Question

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Oracle in December 2013.

There will be a online test, upon clearing that- will be attending 2/3 F2F techinical rounds.

i am sharing the questions that were asked to me .

hibernate / Core JAVA hibernate / Core JAVA hibernate / Core JAVA hibernate / Core JAVA hibernate / Core JAVA hibernate / Core JAVA hibernate / Core JAVA hibernate / Core JAVA hibernate / Core JAVA hibernate / Core JAVA hibernate / Core JAVA hibernate / Core JAVA hibernate / Core JAVA hibernate / Core JAVA hibernate / Core JAVA hibernate / Core JAVA hibernate / Core

Interview Questions
    • can you find the fastest train from bangalore to chennai out of some list of trains?
       Interviewer asked to me choose any approach (hibernate /sql)
        View Answer
    • Write a object onto file using serailization, Had to write the code.   View Answer
    • architecture of my application.
      6) lazy loading.
      7) which is the primary key in the below table - u prefer?
      Village no shop no
        100 1
        100 2
        101 1
        101 2

8) how do u declare composite key in hibernate?

8)what is the difference between interface /abstractio(when do u use them).
      9) which is more better approach (inf / abstrract)
      10)what are Design patterns u know ?
      11)String literal pool -

String A="R";
          A=A+"P";
      What happens to string "R"(first initialization) -

12)public jre / private jre.
      13)new features in 1.7 (only 1.7)
      14)concurrent package.
      15)Difference between ReEntrant lock and synchronized block.
      16)any issues in project? - how u handeled?
      17) how did u find which class has memory issue?
      18)Why Map interface ?
      19) sort Arralist od strings.
      20) equals and hashcode?
      21) comaparator's compare method does the comaprision on what objects? (ob1 and ob2???)
      22)difference between session.get() and session.load()
      23)Name the classes you have written in your project.

24) String A="ORACLE Financial Services"
              String B = "ORACLE";
      find B in String A?

25) customized Exception? - have you written any?

26) can a abstract class be final?

27) why /what /how multithreading ?
        View Answer
    • how to run thread 1,thread 2, thread3 one after the other   View Answer
    • Proxy Object in Hibernate?   View Answer

Applications Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Oracle.

Online test, Written Interviews
    Olnine test was conducted by cocubes. had basic programming, advanced programming and aptitude. Shortlisting was lenient. Interviews were a mix of Tech and HR. They were looking for aptitude and coding.

Applications Developer Interview

The interview will be bit long..3-4 rounds of technical discussion based up on the role...You can expect more programs to be answered and lot of logical scenarios to be answered. People are cool and the place will silent enough to think well. You can ask doubts and get clarified now and then. Expect more of programs than concepts.

Interview Questions
    • Write a program to implement the best sorting technique you know..
      Write a Database procedure to simulate all scenarios of telephone management.
        Answer Question

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Oracle in August 2013.

The first round was online written test. There were 4 major sections. 1 was math aptitute, 1 was verbal (english) , 1 was basic computer and the 4th was advanced computing. They had questions on data structures, java, sql, etc. Verbal section had reading comprehension and other basic stuff. Math apti was kinda easy with ques on basic goemetry, speed time distance etc.Even though math section is quite do able, it is tough to manage time for this section.

I got selected for interview. I found out that they majorly ask puzzles in the interview. But in the first round, they dint ask many puzzles to me. they asked me very hard coding ques but since I was from electrical background it was tough for me to answer them. But i answered the puzzles which was asked after that. I got selected to next round. In next round I was asked only high level maths apti ques.I managed to solve all ques but I dint get through to the next round.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me to design a software for bus ticket booking. Coming from non-comps background, I had no idea how to do this.   View Answer