Oracle

Getting the Interview

43 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Redwood Shores, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – I had an on-campus interview scheduled at the career fair, but it was canceled because the interviewer was sick. I was invited to fly out and interview on site anyway. It was a day-long affair, interviewing 7 times with either one or two people for 7 different teams. Questions were mostly technical, some coding and some brain teasers.

Interview Question – Oracle is mostly a Java shop, but one interviewer asked me to code insertion sort and a few data structures in C.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer terms ended up being non-negotiable, though I was able to extend the offer timing to evaluate other options (total of 1 month instead of 2 weeks).

Redwood Shores, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – As a new grad, they gave me a huge list of teams interesting in interviewing me. I picked a few and did an all-day onsite with them.

Interviewed at Oracle

Interview Details – Very Quick. Applied online, recieved a call within 2 weeks. Had an interview within 2 weeks later. One phone screen and project. The phone screen was very simiple, basic OO prinicples, average quesitons. Things like design patterns, abstract class vs interface, just more like knowing vocab related to OO principles.

Interview Question – There werent really hard questions, just study CS basics.   Answer Question

Redwood Shores, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – It's simple. If you're a recent college grad, know this - Oracle only hires from the top 15 schools that are great in both ECE/CS curriculum. If you're not from the top 15, forget it. Also, historically only the top 1% (>3.90) GPAs get an on-campus interview call. Once you're on-site, it's a relatively easy process. Interview with 5 teams, pick your favorites. If there's a match, you're in

Interview Question – An algorithms question : You have N number of trucks with d gallons of fuel. How far can you move one truck if they can freely exchange fuel between themselves. I.E : Maximize the distance that one truck can travel.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Got a very competitive initial package. Didn't have to negotiate

Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in October 2009.

Interview Details – They will call ppl onsite .. most questions are from the resume (about projects etc) and algorithms , data structure etc

Interview Question – reverse a doubling linked list   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – compensation was fixed

Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Oracle in October 2009.

Interview Details – 1. spoke with Product Manager to get a scope of what each project is about
2. spoke with Manager of the group (could be ask technical or non-technical questions)
3. spoke with Developers of the group (mostly technical)

Negotiation Details – N/A

Applications Engineer Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – Day long walkin interview comprising of (1 written, 2 programming rounds, 1 techincal and 1 HR)

Interview Question – Nothing out of the box   Answer Question

Interviewed at Oracle

Interview Details – Telephonic Interview and two rounds face to face

Interview Question – Back Track Algorithm   Answer Question

Surathakal (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Oracle in August 2011.

Interview Details – 1. 1st Round consisted of an online test consisting of questions from Algorithms, Data Structures and Computer Science
2. 2nd Round was 1:1 Interview. Asked to describe the tables used in my College Project and ER Diagram.
3. 3rd Round was 1:1 Interview. Asked to write a program for generating permutations of a String
4. 4th Round was 1:1 interview. Asked about my projects, Family background and an SQL Query

Interview Question – Given a string, generate all the permutations of the string   Answer Question

Hyderābād (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle in February 2011.

Interview Details – Round One
Written test of 25 java Objective question.
I studied SCJP book from first page to last page. so its easy for me to scored around 23.
There were nearly 75 people attended written test. Out of that selected 25 in written

Round Two
Basic Programming test, java collection class related DS question

Round Three
Advance Programming test, wrote program for Library Management

Round Four
Algo question, difficulty leave 2-3 /5

Round Five
Algo question advance, Solve Rubic cube, Snack ladder.

Round Six
HR

Interview Question – Solve Rubic cube, Snack ladder.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Oracle

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Oracle Applications Engineer interview questions and advice. All 43 interview reviews posted anonymously by Oracle employees and interview candidates.