Oracle Applications Engineer Interview Questions & Reviews

46 interviews

3.1

46 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood Shores, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Oracle.

I had an on-campus interview scheduled at the career fair, but it was canceled because the interviewer was sick. I was invited to fly out and interview on site anyway. It was a day-long affair, interviewing 7 times with either one or two people for 7 different teams. Questions were mostly technical, some coding and some brain teasers.

Interview Questions
  • Oracle is mostly a Java shop, but one interviewer asked me to code insertion sort and a few data structures in C.   Answer Question
Offer terms ended up being non-negotiable, though I was able to extend the offer timing to evaluate other options (total of 1 month instead of 2 weeks).

Other Interview Reviews for Oracle

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood Shores, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle.

As a new grad, they gave me a huge list of teams interesting in interviewing me. I picked a few and did an all-day onsite with them.

Applications Engineer Interview

Very Quick. Applied online, recieved a call within 2 weeks. Had an interview within 2 weeks later. One phone screen and project. The phone screen was very simiple, basic OO prinicples, average quesitons. Things like design patterns, abstract class vs interface, just more like knowing vocab related to OO principles.

Interview Questions
    • There werent really hard questions, just study CS basics.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood Shores, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle.

It's simple. If you're a recent college grad, know this - Oracle only hires from the top 15 schools that are great in both ECE/CS curriculum. If you're not from the top 15, forget it. Also, historically only the top 1% (>3.90) GPAs get an on-campus interview call. Once you're on-site, it's a relatively easy process. Interview with 5 teams, pick your favorites. If there's a match, you're in

Interview Questions
    • An algorithms question : You have N number of trucks with d gallons of fuel. How far can you move one truck if they can freely exchange fuel between themselves. I.E : Maximize the distance that one truck can travel.   Answer Question
    Got a very competitive initial package. Didn't have to negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Redwood City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in October 2009.

They will call ppl onsite .. most questions are from the resume (about projects etc) and algorithms , data structure etc

compensation was fixed

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Redwood City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Oracle in October 2009.

1. spoke with Product Manager to get a scope of what each project is about
    2. spoke with Manager of the group (could be ask technical or non-technical questions)
    3. spoke with Developers of the group (mostly technical)

N/A

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Oracle.

I applied many open position on their career portal and got call from them.
    I was based on Hyderabad and Opening was for Bangalore location. So all 5-rounds happen over phone. 3-Round from Bangalore ppl and 2-Round from Manager and Director based on HQ.
    Overall it took 2months to complete all rounds and after 2-Month i got my offer letter

I got 72% hike on my current pay

Applications Engineer Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Oracle.

Written exam and then interview. You can expect 5-6 rounds of interview. Along with technical questions , lot of puzzles are asked. Even if you are a java resource SQL questions will be asked. In java focus is given to JDBC also along with Core Java. Scenario based questions are also asked.

Interview Questions
    • Scenario based question. Was asked to design tables for Air traffic system   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 10 months - interviewed at Oracle in March 2011.

3 Rounds
    Round 1 : Telephonic
    Basic Programming Questions - I was asked to select either Java or C, i selected C and there few questions on C syntax and few logical like
    diff between C Symbolic Constants, macros, functions - which has to be used when
    and couple of puzzles - It was very basic and questions were straight forward
    Round 2: telephonic
    1. Couple of Basic Conceptual questions on Java
    2. 1 Program, was asked to write Code, any language
    3. couple of puzzles
    4. Later he explained the work, function
    Round 3: Video Conf at Oracle Bangalore, Interviewer was from Hyd
    1. Mathematical formula derivation for percentage distribution
    2. Program for the formula dervied, discussing the best and worst cases
    3. HR related questions, when can i join, what is the salary expected by other person but in the same itnerview

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, they were like we can offer max of this much its upto you.
    if HR is Venkatesh Ponnuswamy, nothing can happen, he doesn't even allow you to talk to ur Manager. behaves as if he is giving from his salary. People you are recruited by him doesn't stay more than a year because of frustration of low salary compared to colleagues

Applications Engineer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Oracle.

Day long walkin interview comprising of (1 written, 2 programming rounds, 1 techincal and 1 HR)

Interview Questions

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!