Oracle

Average Difficulty
45 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Redwood Shores, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – I had an on-campus interview scheduled at the career fair, but it was canceled because the interviewer was sick. I was invited to fly out and interview on site anyway. It was a day-long affair, interviewing 7 times with either one or two people for 7 different teams. Questions were mostly technical, some coding and some brain teasers.

Interview Question – Oracle is mostly a Java shop, but one interviewer asked me to code insertion sort and a few data structures in C.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer terms ended up being non-negotiable, though I was able to extend the offer timing to evaluate other options (total of 1 month instead of 2 weeks).

Redwood Shores, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – As a new grad, they gave me a huge list of teams interesting in interviewing me. I picked a few and did an all-day onsite with them.

Interviewed at Oracle

Interview Details – Very Quick. Applied online, recieved a call within 2 weeks. Had an interview within 2 weeks later. One phone screen and project. The phone screen was very simiple, basic OO prinicples, average quesitons. Things like design patterns, abstract class vs interface, just more like knowing vocab related to OO principles.

Interview Question – There werent really hard questions, just study CS basics.   Answer Question

Redwood Shores, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – It's simple. If you're a recent college grad, know this - Oracle only hires from the top 15 schools that are great in both ECE/CS curriculum. If you're not from the top 15, forget it. Also, historically only the top 1% (>3.90) GPAs get an on-campus interview call. Once you're on-site, it's a relatively easy process. Interview with 5 teams, pick your favorites. If there's a match, you're in

Interview Question – An algorithms question : You have N number of trucks with d gallons of fuel. How far can you move one truck if they can freely exchange fuel between themselves. I.E : Maximize the distance that one truck can travel.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Got a very competitive initial package. Didn't have to negotiate

Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in October 2009.

Interview Details – They will call ppl onsite .. most questions are from the resume (about projects etc) and algorithms , data structure etc

Interview Question – reverse a doubling linked list   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – compensation was fixed

Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Oracle in October 2009.

Interview Details – 1. spoke with Product Manager to get a scope of what each project is about
2. spoke with Manager of the group (could be ask technical or non-technical questions)
3. spoke with Developers of the group (mostly technical)

Negotiation Details – N/A

Applications Engineer

I applied online and interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – Written exam and then interview. You can expect 5-6 rounds of interview. Along with technical questions , lot of puzzles are asked. Even if you are a java resource SQL questions will be asked. In java focus is given to JDBC also along with Core Java. Scenario based questions are also asked.

Interview Question – Scenario based question. Was asked to design tables for Air traffic system   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Applications Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 10 months - interviewed at Oracle in March 2011.

Interview Details – 3 Rounds
Round 1 : Telephonic
Basic Programming Questions - I was asked to select either Java or C, i selected C and there few questions on C syntax and few logical like
diff between C Symbolic Constants, macros, functions - which has to be used when
and couple of puzzles - It was very basic and questions were straight forward
Round 2: telephonic
1. Couple of Basic Conceptual questions on Java
2. 1 Program, was asked to write Code, any language
3. couple of puzzles
4. Later he explained the work, function
Round 3: Video Conf at Oracle Bangalore, Interviewer was from Hyd
1. Mathematical formula derivation for percentage distribution
2. Program for the formula dervied, discussing the best and worst cases
3. HR related questions, when can i join, what is the salary expected by other person but in the same itnerview

Interview Question – All are routine and expected questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, they were like we can offer max of this much its upto you.
if HR is Venkatesh Ponnuswamy, nothing can happen, he doesn't even allow you to talk to ur Manager. behaves as if he is giving from his salary. People you are recruited by him doesn't stay more than a year because of frustration of low salary compared to colleagues

Applications Engineer

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – Day long walkin interview comprising of (1 written, 2 programming rounds, 1 techincal and 1 HR)

Interview Question – Nothing out of the box   Answer Question

Interviewed at Oracle

Interview Details – Telephonic Interview and two rounds face to face

Interview Question – Back Track Algorithm   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Oracle

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Oracle Applications Engineer interview questions and advice. All 45 interview reviews posted anonymously by Oracle employees and interview candidates.