Oracle Applications Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2015

3.1

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

You would be called by a specific team and all question will be based on the work they do Followed by couple of technical interviews Then called up by HR to finish off the process

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Oracle

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood Shores, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Oracle (Redwood Shores, CA).

Interview

I had an on-campus interview scheduled at the career fair, but it was canceled because the interviewer was sick. I was invited to fly out and interview on site anyway. It was a day-long affair, interviewing 7 times with either one or two people for 7 different teams. Questions were mostly technical, some coding and some brain teasers.

Interview Questions

• Oracle is mostly a Java shop, but one interviewer asked me to code insertion sort and a few data structures in C.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer terms ended up being non-negotiable, though I was able to extend the offer timing to evaluate other options (total of 1 month instead of 2 weeks).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood Shores, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle (Redwood Shores, CA).

Interview

As a new grad, they gave me a huge list of teams interesting in interviewing me. I picked a few and did an all-day onsite with them.

Applications Engineer Interview

Interview

Very Quick. Applied online, recieved a call within 2 weeks. Had an interview within 2 weeks later. One phone screen and project. The phone screen was very simiple, basic OO prinicples, average quesitons. Things like design patterns, abstract class vs interface, just more like knowing vocab related to OO principles.

Interview Questions

• There werent really hard questions, just study CS basics.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood Shores, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle (Redwood Shores, CA).

Interview

It's simple. If you're a recent college grad, know this - Oracle only hires from the top 15 schools that are great in both ECE/CS curriculum. If you're not from the top 15, forget it. Also, historically only the top 1% (>3.90) GPAs get an on-campus interview call. Once you're on-site, it's a relatively easy process. Interview with 5 teams, pick your favorites. If there's a match, you're in

Interview Questions

• An algorithms question : You have N number of trucks with d gallons of fuel. How far can you move one truck if they can freely exchange fuel between themselves. I.E : Maximize the distance that one truck can travel.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Got a very competitive initial package. Didn't have to negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood Shores, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Oracle (Redwood Shores, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

as a fresh college grads, first phone interview. then on site for 1 day. you gonna interview with different teams, and at the end of the day, you will give a order the teams by your own preference and hand it to HR.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

fresh grad gets standard package

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in October 2009.

Interview

1. spoke with Product Manager to get a scope of what each project is about 2. spoke with Manager of the group (could be ask technical or non-technical questions) 3. spoke with Developers of the group (mostly technical)

Negotiation

N/A

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in October 2009.

Interview

They will call ppl onsite .. most questions are from the resume (about projects etc) and algorithms , data structure etc

Interview Questions

Negotiation

compensation was fixed

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

The process started with one written test (mix of Java and analytical MCQ's). After that 2 technical questions , one managerial, 1 director round and at the end HR round.

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Surathakal (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Oracle (Surathakal (India)).

Interview

Two technical rounds followed by a HR round. The two Technical rounds had a mix of easy, moderate and difficult questions. Then there was a HR round the next day.