Oracle Applications Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 12, 2015
Updated Mar 12, 2015

3.1

Applications Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Oracle.

You would be called by a specific team and all question will be based on the work they do
Followed by couple of technical interviews
Then called up by HR to finish off the process

Other Interview Reviews for Oracle

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood Shores, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Oracle.

I had an on-campus interview scheduled at the career fair, but it was canceled because the interviewer was sick. I was invited to fly out and interview on site anyway. It was a day-long affair, interviewing 7 times with either one or two people for 7 different teams. Questions were mostly technical, some coding and some brain teasers.

Interview Questions
    • Oracle is mostly a Java shop, but one interviewer asked me to code insertion sort and a few data structures in C.   Answer Question
    Offer terms ended up being non-negotiable, though I was able to extend the offer timing to evaluate other options (total of 1 month instead of 2 weeks).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood Shores, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle.

As a new grad, they gave me a huge list of teams interesting in interviewing me. I picked a few and did an all-day onsite with them.

Applications Engineer Interview

Very Quick. Applied online, recieved a call within 2 weeks. Had an interview within 2 weeks later. One phone screen and project. The phone screen was very simiple, basic OO prinicples, average quesitons. Things like design patterns, abstract class vs interface, just more like knowing vocab related to OO principles.

Interview Questions
    • There werent really hard questions, just study CS basics.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood Shores, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle.

It's simple. If you're a recent college grad, know this - Oracle only hires from the top 15 schools that are great in both ECE/CS curriculum. If you're not from the top 15, forget it. Also, historically only the top 1% (>3.90) GPAs get an on-campus interview call. Once you're on-site, it's a relatively easy process. Interview with 5 teams, pick your favorites. If there's a match, you're in

Interview Questions
    • An algorithms question : You have N number of trucks with d gallons of fuel. How far can you move one truck if they can freely exchange fuel between themselves. I.E : Maximize the distance that one truck can travel.   Answer Question
    Got a very competitive initial package. Didn't have to negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Oracle in October 2009.

1. spoke with Product Manager to get a scope of what each project is about
    2. spoke with Manager of the group (could be ask technical or non-technical questions)
    3. spoke with Developers of the group (mostly technical)

N/A

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Oracle in October 2009.

They will call ppl onsite .. most questions are from the resume (about projects etc) and algorithms , data structure etc

compensation was fixed

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Surathakal (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Surathakal (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Oracle.

Two technical rounds followed by a HR round. The two Technical rounds had a mix of easy, moderate and difficult questions. Then there was a HR round the next day.

Applications Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Oracle.

I appeared for the recruitment process through college campus hiring. We were around 500 people who appeared for the aptitude test. Oracle was hiring for 2 divisions. The top 70 For Oracle Applications and the next 150 for Oracle Financial Software Services (OFSS) . For Oracle Applications we had to appear for a written technical test whereas the OFSS shortlisted candidates directly proceded to interview. Out of these 70, 15 of us were shortlisted for the technical interview.
    Ultimately around 15 people were hired for OFSS and 2 of us for Applications.

The key is to be honest and try to attempt whatever problems are asked. They are more interested in seeing your approach and attitude in the interview. It is alright if you do not know the answer as long as you give your best. Do not try to lie, be open about what you do not know. The aptitude tests cover your technical concepts and you will be asked about your approach in solving these problems during the interview.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to optimize an algorithm which was extremely difficult. However, the interviewer seemed happy with my attempt.   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Oracle in December 2014.

1 hour online test with questions on aptitude and basic computer knowledge.
    2-3 rounds of technical interview testing your logical skills. Coding profile is not a necessity. They test how you approach to the problem. A final HR interview asking the basic questions about why do you want to join ? why only Oracle ?

Interview Questions
    • Being of non-CS background, why do you want to join the company ?   Answer Question