Oracle

Updated Oct 30, 2014

3.3

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Applications Sales Representative Interview

Met with a university recruiter at a career fair on campus. Had 3 phone interviews with various sales team members. All interviews were very similar. All behavioral questions and overall assessing your potential fit within the company.

Interview Questions
  • List 2 things that you've recently accomplished in your life. What was the most valuable thing that you accomplished at your past job?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Oracle

Applications Sales Representative Interview

I went to an on-campus interview session where I met the recruiter and won a raffle for $500. I then had one behavioral phone interview with the recruiter. He talked the whole time, and after the interview, he basically told me I was hired and that I would be receiving an email within the week with some paperwork. Definitely the easiest interview process I've ever had.

Applications Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Oracle in May 2013.

Quick with Hiring manager, what's my YTD. why do you want to work with Oracle, Hiring manager and Regional sales director only. NO HR involvement. mostly about past achievements in terms of closing numbers

Quick

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Oracle in April 2013.

I was recruited via email by a Sales Manager. When I connected with him I was invited to a Hiring Event which I was interested in attending. It was really networking between Managers and potential candidates. after speaking with the Hiring Manager it was decided I go right through the interview process and was given a date to come in a few days later.

When I arrived I ended up interviewing with 3 different Sales Managers in back to back interviews. The questions were very general but I knew each question was designed to get to know me as a candidate. Many were pointed on how I was able to sell solutions through value selling and ROI positioning which I was pretty comfortable with. Some questions more direct than others. I was able to connect my previous experiences with the duties and goals for the position. At the end of the day it was sales. They look for successful, type a individuals usually with a leadership background. I understand why now because the company and virtual sales team methodology is a complicated one to navigate through.

Interviewing with three different leaders gives you three different personalities to work with. What I did a feel challenging was almost a good cop bad cop approach. One Manager was very direct and serious while another was very casual and the third very professional. Being a Manager I could relate with all three. I just didn't like the approach that much.

By the end of the process I felt good and was told I would receive a call back within 2-3 days. which ended up being about 5-7 which was fine. The entire process from interview to start date was lengthy- about 2-3 months. Extensive background check process and internal HR process

Interview Questions
    • i think the most difficult question was for to walk them through a complicated sales cycle, how I handled it and what was the result. Sounds simple right? Well like I said you are being evaluated on your experience but more importantly how you respond to difficult situations and how you particularly answer the questions.   Answer Question
    I had to provide detailed information about my previous salary including a business case on why and what I should be offered. I have heard it was negotiable but the offer was very fair and there was no need to play that game in this case.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Oracle in February 2013.

Recruiter Calls. If you pass that, you meet with 2 sets of managers then one Sales Director. Just be yourself and prove you can have a conversation. If you have the sales background; that is half the battle.

Interview Questions
    • Just know your business inside and out. Difficult scenarios you have had in the past. Do not act like you know it all. They do not want that.   Answer Question
    They were hiring a ton of people and I had little to no say. If they are filling in a few spots and want you they will pay you more.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Oracle in December 2012.

Long process, but at the same time I was in no hurry so it suited me just fine. They were very flexible with start date too which very nice. Took a mini sebatical between jobs. THe process itself was several steps: 1) Interview with recruiter on phone, 2) Go to social hour "meet and greet" at Oracle in Minneapolis and mingle with managers in several areas of software, hardware, and other areas within the Oracle stack of offerings, then I was called back by recruiter a few days later to ask if I wanted to meet with them at the Oracle office in Minneapolis, which I accepted, 3) face to face interview with Regional Sales Manager who is the direct supervisor for position, then met with 3 seperate groups of 2 individuals each over the course of one long 2.5 hour interview process (pack a lunch!), after this interview process I was called back a week later to see if I wanted to return for another round, to which I accepted, 4)face to face interview with my directors boss and one other v.p. of sales in seperate interviews, so again two seperate 30 minute interviews, after this I was called back again and told they would have some direction in about a week as to next steps, but I was told that could mean another interview or in some cases they have new hires present in front of a panel of peers, mercifully I was not asked to do this. I think this is something reserved for those with little to no sales experience, I have over 10 years so I think they figured I had some idea of how to sell by now, 5) Offer letter sent two weeks after the conversation we had regarding next steps. Overall process is at very least 4 to 6 weeks, then actually applying and going through the back ground check process with their external company is another bag of tricks where they want eveything verified down to the address, exact dates, salary, etc. BE SURE TO BE FORTHCOMING with this information. Mine went fine but I have heard about many who were disqualified because they were off on dates, salary, etc. Furthermore many people are asked to produce W-2's, particularly if you are trying to negotiate your salary. Again, do not be misleading or they will find out. I have read many other reviews on glassdoor about this being "an invasion of your privacy" but in my opinion this is just their way of making sure they are hiring good, solid, honest and ethical people and I am all for that! I have worked with many losers in the past in sales where I wondered how they every made it through the screening. After you are hired there will be about 8 weeks of onboarding so dont expect to "hit the ground running"! Good luck in your interview process, remember, be honest and up front and prove to them you want the job and you will get it. This is an amazing organization with unlimited potential and a VERY BRIGHT future! It is the real deal!

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any "tricky" questions, just the usual explaining your last job and responsibilities, why Oracle? Why should we choose you? stuff like that, but mostly really pretty laid back. They are not trying to put you through the mill, just get to know you and see if you are a good fit, hence the several different interviews with several groups of people for additional feedback.   Answer Question
    Very simple, they made me a very good offer and I happily accepted!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Oracle in May 2012.

Applied online and was contacted by Corp Recruiter. Set initial interview that last 90 minutes with 3 different people. Second Interview was a presentation in front of 6 different people.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle in February 2012.

The interview process is long but it is worth it! I started my first round, of 3 rounds, in Feb and I did not start until April of that year. That said, I chose the start date and I probably could have started in mid to late March if I wanted to. Typically you will start by filling out an employment application which is pretty detailed, then you will have your first interview with 3 separate teams of senior Oracle sales people and managers and it will take you 2 to 3 hours to get through it. After that you will interview with top level managers once or twice at about 30 minutes each, typically on a different day than your first round, if you are approved by a majority you should be offered the job. From there you will have to go through a very detailed back ground check where they will check into everything, like you are applying to work for the FBI! Well, not that intense, but not too far off. Be sure to be honest about everything - including your salary and start/end dates of past jobs, and your education level or type of degree. Be careful here! Many people have been disqualified for discrepancies or for being off on one or more of these, even if it was simply a mistake on your part. Some candidates have been offered a job only to be turned down after the back ground check came up with discrepancies from what was on their resume and application. You may be asked by the hiring manager to bring your W-2 stubs from your past employer, so again, do not embellish! I know how sales people in particular like to inflate their past salary but this will come back to bite you, and it does not matter anyhow what you made at your last job because the starting base salary for an ASR is going to be the same (around 60k) for everyone. That said, the base pay is only half of your earnings here as you will make 60k base and 60k (on-target) commission, and almost everyone makes their target or is very close to it. Be yourself, show the interviewers you want to work for Oracle and why and be honest about everything and you will be fine. Some newer ASR's will be asked to give a presentation to a group panel of sales people and management as a final round in the interviewing process, this is to show off your presentation skills, but then this is par for the course when you are interviewing for $100k plus IT/software sales jobs. They want to be sure you can effectively sell before they invest in you and for good reason. If you are even invited in for an interview it is because you have a great resume and probably have a great back ground, so just getting in is the big thing, then it is all about selling yourself, and let's face it, if you cannot do that then you are either not really serious and fully vested in the proposition of working at Oracle, or you are not a very effective sales person because you cannot even sell yourself! In either case, you will probably be passed up. SELL YOURSELF and give good reasons why you think you deserve to work here. It is a privilege and honor to work for a company like this, believe me, and people are clamoring to get in here so if you are lucky enough the hard work and effort on the front end getting in here will be WELL worth your time! Oracle is the real deal! Believe me! Sales people here make $150k on average and it is not uncommon to make $180k-$220k. Nobody else out there can compete with that. Beyond the money, this is a great corporate culture, great benefits and unlimited potential for moving up the ladder and/or moving around the world to different locations. The people here are the brightest talent in sales out there, and this is why Oracle is the world leader in sales.

Interview Questions
    • Role play - "Can you sell me on the last product you sold at your last company and tell me why I should buy it from you today?" Oracle is big on role-playing, so be prepared to role play a sales call. Other than that, it is the typical interview questions, but they will ask you why Oracle, and you should have some good reasoning why Oracle and not Epicor, or Workday or Salesforce, IBM, Microsoft, etc. There are a myriad of other software companies in the world, but Oracle is the leader. My answer to that was "I have worked for the rest, now I want to graduate and work for the best!" That was not lip service either, I truly felt that way and that really is the case. There is everyone else out there and then there is Oracle. I also told them I wanted a chance to work for the best sales organization in the world and I felt strongly that I was up for the challenge.   Answer Question
    They will offer you the standard base salary for this role which when I started was around $60k. There really is not negotiating with this, as this is what everyone gets. Don't be concerned with this though because a sales person here will make half or less of their annual income in base salary, the real money is in the commission and bonuses. If you do want to negotiate you can be assured they are going to ask to see your W-2's from your last job/s. They may do that anyhow, but you are assured they will ask if you want to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood Shores, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood Shores, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle in September 2011.

The interview process was relatively straightforward. After submitting an application on LinkedIn, I had a phone screen with a recruiter. I was invited in for a panel/group interview where I met three hiring managers. Based on their feedback, I was invited in to meet with a senior member of the sales team. Within a day or two, my hiring manager called me and extended a verbal offer. Then I had to formally apply on their recruitment system and submit for a background check. That took about a week and I was asked to stand by for the internal job requisition to be finalized before receiving a written offer and start date. The waiting game after the actual interview and verbal offer was the worst part - I felt that you either had to lead other potential employers on for a few weeks, in the event the offer didn't materialize, or lose all momentum with your job search and count on Oracle to come through.

Interview Questions
    • This role is all about closing higher-volume, lower-value transactions so they want to hear you really nail an understanding of the basics like budget, authority, need, timing, etc.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, really. The comp plans for each job level are essentially set in stone. You might be able to gain a little more ground ($3-4K) but nothing significant.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Oracle in June 2011.

The interview process started with an "Open House." The Open House was essentially a group interview in which beer, wine, pizza, etc... was provided. The next day consisted of 3 1/2 hour interviews. The next step was a role sales presentation role play. Finally, there was a phone inteview with VP.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a sale that didn't go according to plan and had more hurdles than usual?   Answer Question
    • When you started your career at your current employer where did you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question