Oracle Applications Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jul 26, 2015

3.3

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by recruiter, and had simple phone interview, then was arranged for the campus interview. i was interviewed by three managers for around one and half hours. first manager asked very detailed questions, they wanted to make sure that you are comfortable for the cold calling and work under pressure... second and last manager asked more broad questions...

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Oracle

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Oracle (Burlington, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied via Linkedin, then the phone screening with the recruiter and I was invited to the open house. First you meet as many people as you can and then they run a presentation about Oracle as a company and informal Q&A session begins. Try to ask questions and be active. Successful candidates will be invited to the formal interview, I was not invited that time. I hope to try my best next time and get a job as overall experience with Oracle was very positive. They have really great recruiters and professional sales managers.

Applications Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Met with a university recruiter at a career fair on campus. Had 3 phone interviews with various sales team members. All interviews were very similar. All behavioral questions and overall assessing your potential fit within the company.

Interview Questions

• List 2 things that you've recently accomplished in your life. What was the most valuable thing that you accomplished at your past job?   Answer Question

Applications Sales Representative Interview

Interview

I went to an on-campus interview session where I met the recruiter and won a raffle for $500. I then had one behavioral phone interview with the recruiter. He talked the whole time, and after the interview, he basically told me I was hired and that I would be receiving an email within the week with some paperwork. Definitely the easiest interview process I've ever had.

Applications Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Oracle in May 2013.

Interview

Quick with Hiring manager, what's my YTD. why do you want to work with Oracle, Hiring manager and Regional sales director only. NO HR involvement. mostly about past achievements in terms of closing numbers

Negotiation

Quick

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Oracle (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2013.

Interview

I was recruited via email by a Sales Manager. When I connected with him I was invited to a Hiring Event which I was interested in attending. It was really networking between Managers and potential candidates. after speaking with the Hiring Manager it was decided I go right through the interview process and was given a date to come in a few days later. When I arrived I ended up interviewing with 3 different Sales Managers in back to back interviews. The questions were very general but I knew each question was designed to get to know me as a candidate. Many were pointed on how I was able to sell solutions through value selling and ROI positioning which I was pretty comfortable with. Some questions more direct than others. I was able to connect my previous experiences with the duties and goals for the position. At the end of the day it was sales. They look for successful, type a individuals usually with a leadership background. I understand why now because the company and virtual sales team methodology is a complicated one to navigate through. Interviewing with three different leaders gives you three different personalities to work with. What I did a feel challenging was almost a good cop bad cop approach. One Manager was very direct and serious while another was very casual and the third very professional. Being a Manager I could relate with all three. I just didn't like the approach that much. By the end of the process I felt good and was told I would receive a call back within 2-3 days. which ended up being about 5-7 which was fine. The entire process from interview to start date was lengthy- about 2-3 months. Extensive background check process and internal HR process

Interview Questions

• i think the most difficult question was for to walk them through a complicated sales cycle, how I handled it and what was the result. Sounds simple right? Well like I said you are being evaluated on your experience but more importantly how you respond to difficult situations and how you particularly answer the questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I had to provide detailed information about my previous salary including a business case on why and what I should be offered. I have heard it was negotiable but the offer was very fair and there was no need to play that game in this case.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

Initial Phone interview -> Hiring Manager phone interview -> in person #1 -> in person #2 -> Offer letter (usually, depends on hiring manager / job opportunity) Traditional interview process for a large company. Things can take time but make sure to touch base with your recruiter / hiring manager as things progress if the next steps are unclear.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to work at Oracle? What do you know about Oracle?   1 Answer
    • What experience do you have in sales and IT?   1 Answer
    • What makes you a good sales professional?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Oracle (Burlington, MA) in February 2013.

Interview

Recruiter Calls. If you pass that, you meet with 2 sets of managers then one Sales Director. Just be yourself and prove you can have a conversation. If you have the sales background; that is half the battle.

Interview Questions

• Just know your business inside and out. Difficult scenarios you have had in the past. Do not act like you know it all. They do not want that.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They were hiring a ton of people and I had little to no say. If they are filling in a few spots and want you they will pay you more.

Applications Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Oracle in January 2013.

Interview

Out of the university. Called and let me know I had a phone interview on Monday, following by an in-person interview the following Friday. Real easy phone interview, and relatively easy in-person interview. Called me back a week later letting me know I had received the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Oracle (Minneapolis, MN) in December 2012.

Interview

Long process, but at the same time I was in no hurry so it suited me just fine. They were very flexible with start date too which very nice. Took a mini sebatical between jobs. THe process itself was several steps: 1) Interview with recruiter on phone, 2) Go to social hour "meet and greet" at Oracle in Minneapolis and mingle with managers in several areas of software, hardware, and other areas within the Oracle stack of offerings, then I was called back by recruiter a few days later to ask if I wanted to meet with them at the Oracle office in Minneapolis, which I accepted, 3) face to face interview with Regional Sales Manager who is the direct supervisor for position, then met with 3 seperate groups of 2 individuals each over the course of one long 2.5 hour interview process (pack a lunch!), after this interview process I was called back a week later to see if I wanted to return for another round, to which I accepted, 4)face to face interview with my directors boss and one other v.p. of sales in seperate interviews, so again two seperate 30 minute interviews, after this I was called back again and told they would have some direction in about a week as to next steps, but I was told that could mean another interview or in some cases they have new hires present in front of a panel of peers, mercifully I was not asked to do this. I think this is something reserved for those with little to no sales experience, I have over 10 years so I think they figured I had some idea of how to sell by now, 5) Offer letter sent two weeks after the conversation we had regarding next steps. Overall process is at very least 4 to 6 weeks, then actually applying and going through the back ground check process with their external company is another bag of tricks where they want eveything verified down to the address, exact dates, salary, etc. BE SURE TO BE FORTHCOMING with this information. Mine went fine but I have heard about many who were disqualified because they were off on dates, salary, etc. Furthermore many people are asked to produce W-2's, particularly if you are trying to negotiate your salary. Again, do not be misleading or they will find out. I have read many other reviews on glassdoor about this being "an invasion of your privacy" but in my opinion this is just their way of making sure they are hiring good, solid, honest and ethical people and I am all for that! I have worked with many losers in the past in sales where I wondered how they every made it through the screening. After you are hired there will be about 8 weeks of onboarding so dont expect to "hit the ground running"! Good luck in your interview process, remember, be honest and up front and prove to them you want the job and you will get it. This is an amazing organization with unlimited potential and a VERY BRIGHT future! It is the real deal!

Interview Questions

• There weren't any "tricky" questions, just the usual explaining your last job and responsibilities, why Oracle? Why should we choose you? stuff like that, but mostly really pretty laid back. They are not trying to put you through the mill, just get to know you and see if you are a good fit, hence the several different interviews with several groups of people for additional feedback.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very simple, they made me a very good offer and I happily accepted!