Oracle

9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Interviewed at Oracle

Interview Details – I went to an on-campus interview session where I met the recruiter and won a raffle for $500. I then had one behavioral phone interview with the recruiter. He talked the whole time, and after the interview, he basically told me I was hired and that I would be receiving an email within the week with some paperwork. Definitely the easiest interview process I've ever had.

Interview Question – None. The recruiter talked the whole time.   Answer Question

Minneapolis, MN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Oracle in April 2013.

Interview Details – I was recruited via email by a Sales Manager. When I connected with him I was invited to a Hiring Event which I was interested in attending. It was really networking between Managers and potential candidates. after speaking with the Hiring Manager it was decided I go right through the interview process and was given a date to come in a few days later.

When I arrived I ended up interviewing with 3 different Sales Managers in back to back interviews. The questions were very general but I knew each question was designed to get to know me as a candidate. Many were pointed on how I was able to sell solutions through value selling and ROI positioning which I was pretty comfortable with. Some questions more direct than others. I was able to connect my previous experiences with the duties and goals for the position. At the end of the day it was sales. They look for successful, type a individuals usually with a leadership background. I understand why now because the company and virtual sales team methodology is a complicated one to navigate through.

Interviewing with three different leaders gives you three different personalities to work with. What I did a feel challenging was almost a good cop bad cop approach. One Manager was very direct and serious while another was very casual and the third very professional. Being a Manager I could relate with all three. I just didn't like the approach that much.

By the end of the process I felt good and was told I would receive a call back within 2-3 days. which ended up being about 5-7 which was fine. The entire process from interview to start date was lengthy- about 2-3 months. Extensive background check process and internal HR process

Interview Question – i think the most difficult question was for to walk them through a complicated sales cycle, how I handled it and what was the result. Sounds simple right? Well like I said you are being evaluated on your experience but more importantly how you respond to difficult situations and how you particularly answer the questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I had to provide detailed information about my previous salary including a business case on why and what I should be offered. I have heard it was negotiable but the offer was very fair and there was no need to play that game in this case.

Redwood Shores, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle in September 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process was relatively straightforward. After submitting an application on LinkedIn, I had a phone screen with a recruiter. I was invited in for a panel/group interview where I met three hiring managers. Based on their feedback, I was invited in to meet with a senior member of the sales team. Within a day or two, my hiring manager called me and extended a verbal offer. Then I had to formally apply on their recruitment system and submit for a background check. That took about a week and I was asked to stand by for the internal job requisition to be finalized before receiving a written offer and start date. The waiting game after the actual interview and verbal offer was the worst part - I felt that you either had to lead other potential employers on for a few weeks, in the event the offer didn't materialize, or lose all momentum with your job search and count on Oracle to come through.

Interview Question – This role is all about closing higher-volume, lower-value transactions so they want to hear you really nail an understanding of the basics like budget, authority, need, timing, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, really. The comp plans for each job level are essentially set in stone. You might be able to gain a little more ground ($3-4K) but nothing significant.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Oracle in December 2012.

Interview Details – Long process, but at the same time I was in no hurry so it suited me just fine. They were very flexible with start date too which very nice. Took a mini sebatical between jobs. THe process itself was several steps: 1) Interview with recruiter on phone, 2) Go to social hour "meet and greet" at Oracle in Minneapolis and mingle with managers in several areas of software, hardware, and other areas within the Oracle stack of offerings, then I was called back by recruiter a few days later to ask if I wanted to meet with them at the Oracle office in Minneapolis, which I accepted, 3) face to face interview with Regional Sales Manager who is the direct supervisor for position, then met with 3 seperate groups of 2 individuals each over the course of one long 2.5 hour interview process (pack a lunch!), after this interview process I was called back a week later to see if I wanted to return for another round, to which I accepted, 4)face to face interview with my directors boss and one other v.p. of sales in seperate interviews, so again two seperate 30 minute interviews, after this I was called back again and told they would have some direction in about a week as to next steps, but I was told that could mean another interview or in some cases they have new hires present in front of a panel of peers, mercifully I was not asked to do this. I think this is something reserved for those with little to no sales experience, I have over 10 years so I think they figured I had some idea of how to sell by now, 5) Offer letter sent two weeks after the conversation we had regarding next steps. Overall process is at very least 4 to 6 weeks, then actually applying and going through the back ground check process with their external company is another bag of tricks where they want eveything verified down to the address, exact dates, salary, etc. BE SURE TO BE FORTHCOMING with this information. Mine went fine but I have heard about many who were disqualified because they were off on dates, salary, etc. Furthermore many people are asked to produce W-2's, particularly if you are trying to negotiate your salary. Again, do not be misleading or they will find out. I have read many other reviews on glassdoor about this being "an invasion of your privacy" but in my opinion this is just their way of making sure they are hiring good, solid, honest and ethical people and I am all for that! I have worked with many losers in the past in sales where I wondered how they every made it through the screening. After you are hired there will be about 8 weeks of onboarding so dont expect to "hit the ground running"! Good luck in your interview process, remember, be honest and up front and prove to them you want the job and you will get it. This is an amazing organization with unlimited potential and a VERY BRIGHT future! It is the real deal!

Interview Question – There weren't any "tricky" questions, just the usual explaining your last job and responsibilities, why Oracle? Why should we choose you? stuff like that, but mostly really pretty laid back. They are not trying to put you through the mill, just get to know you and see if you are a good fit, hence the several different interviews with several groups of people for additional feedback.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very simple, they made me a very good offer and I happily accepted!

Minneapolis, MN

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Oracle in February 2011.

Interview Details – This is very extensive. You may start through a referral or through an Open House, then if you're good at presentation of yourself and your background, you'll get hired. Several interviews, a panel interview and a presentation to a group of VPs and Managers. It can be very intimidating and they know it but just be confident even if you're full of it.

Interview Question – Why did you choose Oracle?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They'll tell you that you can't negotiate anything but that's not true. Negotiate your base right away because you'll never ever get a cost of living increase.

Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in May 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online and was contacted by Corp Recruiter. Set initial interview that last 90 minutes with 3 different people. Second Interview was a presentation in front of 6 different people.

Interview Question – Why Oracle?   Answer Question

Minneapolis, MN

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in June 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process started with an "Open House." The Open House was essentially a group interview in which beer, wine, pizza, etc... was provided. The next day consisted of 3 1/2 hour interviews. The next step was a role sales presentation role play. Finally, there was a phone inteview with VP.

Interview Questions

• Describe a sale that didn't go according to plan and had more hurdles than usual?   Answer Question
  • When you started your career at your current employer where did you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Abidjan (Cote d'Ivoire)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Oracle in November 2012.

Interview Details – The process was pretty much detailed. Initial contact was through email from the Oracle HR office. After screening my CV (this took barely 2 working days) a telephonic interview was arranged with the Director of sales for EMEA. After that interview, feedback came through and I was informed that I will need to have another interview (this time face-face interview) with application sales manager. The application sales manager came to Ghana and we had a face-face interview. After a week another interview was scheduled with Oracle Vice President for Africa. It was a very detailed interview, at this stage of the interview process, I was cork sure Oracle is interested in working with me and so I could not afford to blow it. Impressing the VP was paramount and he sure does ask very simple but tricky questions. He was basically trying to find out about attitude to work and whether I fit the role. It lasted about 2hrs. Then the last and final interview was with Sales Director for West Africa. This was very brief and straight to the point. The HR personnel was very professional and gave prompt feedback. Waiting for final contract took a while though. But patience was all one needed. :) Ohh not to forget a detailed background check was conducted.

Interview Question – I would not count it as difficult but simply tricky. "What is that one thing you will like to change when you look into a mirror?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Very simple. I expected what was proposed so I almost immediately accepted.

Very Difficult Interview

Applications Sales Representative Interview

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in August 2011.

Interview Details – The first contact is with HR. The next interview is with 3 Regional managers who will interview you separately, in person. For the next interview you are required to put together a 20 minute presentation on a software product. The presentation is done via telephone. I presented to 3 managers. The final interview is with a higher level manager. The higher level management is, what I felt, the hardest interview. With each step you need to make sure that you "close" them. Make sure to ask what the next step is in the process, overcome all objectives, and be as competitive as you possibly can be.

Interview Questions

• If you were to write a sales book, what would the book be called and name 5 chapter titles   Answer Question
  • Name 5 things that determine if you are wasting your time on a sales prospect   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Oracle

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Oracle Applications Sales Representative interview questions and advice. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by Oracle employees and interview candidates.