Oracle Associate Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2015

1.8

Associate Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

Three phone interviews with Sales Managers from across the U.S. None from the office I was going to work in. Very disjointed process with almost no follow up. Did not know if I was moving along in the interview process, and then would randomly be contacted to set up an interview. After third interview was not told next steps, but received email containing offer about a month later.

Interview Questions

• How I worked in teams versus working alone.   1 Answer

Had more exciting offer. Less pay but more responsibilities and in city I wanted to be in.

Other Interview Reviews for Oracle

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I went to my school's career fair and met three employees from Oracle. I was contacted by a college recruiter within the following two weeks and went through three different interviews. The first interview was over the phone with the college recruiter and was extremely basic. The second interview was over the phone with a sales manager and the questions were very similar to the first interview but with a little more depth. The final interview was in person, on Oracle's campus, and was with another manager. The final interview felt more like a conversation than anything. I was asked one or two situational questions (what would you do if...?) but overall, the questions were basic sales questions.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you received ten accounts that required locating and contacting human resource managers?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Boston, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

Contacted through my university career website, then went on to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview went very well, enthusiastic and very friendly. No tough questions, just a bit about my resume and how I found the position/interest in it. Then went on to set up in-person interview. The interview asked me about my resume, elements I learned in each position, interests, etc. Recruiter did ask me why sales and why Oracle, and after answering her about my interest in both sales and tech, it's as she wanted me to tell her that I had wanted to work there for my entire life. Passive Aggressive Went well otherwise, was told that I was an interesting candidate and we would continue contact.

Interview Questions

• Why sales? Why not follow in the "path of least resistance" with my major? Why hadn't I shown interest in the senior class committee?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Oracle (Durham, NC) in July 2014.

Interview

Literally, one phone call with a recruiter and one phone call with a hiring manager. Easiest hiring interview process I have encountered. They were recruiting out a recent grad college program from my school. They hired like 100 of us at a time as a part of their "Class Of" training program. The interviewing process has gotten harder since they recruited me in Summer 2014. The interview was just all behavioral questions- no knowledge of sales or cold calling required, but I think they have made it more difficult and for people with a sales background now.

Interview Questions

• What kind of experience do you have working with customers?   1 Answer

Associate Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

Interviewed on the phone with Recruiter basically going over resume and past experiences. about 1 month later another phone interview with the Manager. Received an offer about 3 weeks later

Interview Questions

• Please understand that this is a sales position and know what the job description is!!!   Answer Question

Accepted another offer

Associate Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

I started the process by networking with Oracle recruiters at campus events. I submitted my resume in November and received an email from a recruiter requesting a phone interview after our winter break. I then had a second interview via phone, and then an in-person meeting. It was a straight-forward interview process, most of the questions were behavioral.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Associate Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Oracle in February 2014.

Interview

The whole process took 1.5 weeks. I met with a recruiter at a job fair, interviewed with her the following day, and then interviewed with a manager two days later. I received my offer four days later. The questions were very straightforward - Oracle seems to be using the schools they recruit at as their screen, so they stick to behavioral questions. Be ready for why Oracle, why sales, and standard behavioral questions. They are, however, very disorganized in the hiring process (i.e. I received a "second" offer two days after the first) - their system has some bugs. Try to talk to the recruiters to be sure you're both on the same page.

Interview Questions

I was unwilling to take a sales job where you don't meet with clients - this is exclusively over the phone. I also was unwilling to take a job that wouldn't tell me my location until after I had accepted.

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Three phone interviews. I submitted my resume via my university career fair. Each of these three interviews featured a different interviewer. Many of the questions repeated and they were all very standard. A little common sense will tell you what they are looking for (persistence, personability, adaptability, etc). Oracle sales reps' assertive tactics to find and close business are highly praised in the company.

Associate Sales Representative Interview

Interview

The first interview was by phone and very basic. I was then passed to the Regional Sales Manager where the position was discussed in more detail. It was all around a good experience.

Associate Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle in January 2014.

Interview

I had one in person interview with the recruiter on my college campus, and one phone interview with a sales manager about a week later. Both interviews were professional, yet relaxed and productive. I think the questions were easy to answer and it was easy to just be yourself. Recruiters want athletes because they're competitive.